Do you log the movies you've seen?

Tools    

I do. I've got a best-to-worst list of every movie I've seen on Letterboxd. And thanks to Coronapocalypse I've got much more free time on my hands. I can get through three or four movies a day and I wanna make the most of it. Gonna finish The Cobra Woman today. Then I plan on getting through some early Park Chan Wook before heading to Train to Busan.

I love how campy The Cobra Woman is.

I do! I started filling up a simple wordpad file with a list of the movies I saw, then I added months, then eventually the day, and now I also add the grade.

I started using Letterboxd a couple months ago, and I add the movies I watch every couple movies too.

I typically add the rating, then genres, then director, then country of origin if it's not American. I also add hashtags for other common factors in film, such as the scene (New Hollywood, for example), type of sport if it's a sports movie, alien movie, based on a book, or even if it's Disney or MCU. That reminds me, I unfortunately have to add DIsney tags to most of the MCU movies...

"How tall is King Kong ?"
I don't. If I don't remember having seen a movie, it just means I can rewatch it. For now, I have a pretty good memory for that sort of thing (other people come to ask me whether they've already seen this or that movie, which is more annoying).

However, since yesterday, I've started listing my DVDs on Ant Movie Catalogue (I had almost started a thread here to first ask what soft you people are using, hence my interest for this thread). It's pretty tedious to do. Even if I already had typed a list of the titles, just checking each entry for the correct imdb match is quite some work. But the result seems worth it, especially as it can easily be exported and re-imported to other softs if needed.

And yes, it's the Movie Forum's lists feature that decided me to do this.

I have a an enormous list in Notes, 3000+ long. To allow for randomness and make sure I don’t just watch what I’m sure to like, I scroll through and watch whatever my thumb lands on, then mark with a hash for ‘seen’. Been working wonders for years.

Also someone asked to see my film list once and I sent them the note… it didn’t go through, had to email. That was funny.

I add an exclamation mark if I really loved a film, but I usually remember those anyway. There aren’t many.

Obsessively. I use Letterboxd now, but I used to have either Excel spreadsheets or Word documents with the info.

I log all the movies I watch into IMDb and (to a lesser degree) Rotten Tomatoes. I don't have Letterboxd, but I've been thinking of making an account there for a while to keep in contact with some of the Corrie refugees who didn't join this forum.

I use Letterboxd, although there are certain movies I've been watching lately that they don't have on there.

I use Letterboxd, although there are certain movies I've been watching lately that they don't have on there.
Letterboxd feeds from TMDB. If the film is not there, it won't appear on LB, but I think you can always submit it.

or like Cap said, check out Letterboxxxd

I use Letterboxd like everyone else. Though, I only really use the diary function and log first time watches so my logged films only goes back a few years.

I once tried to use icheckmovies to log everything I’d ever watched but once I got into the upper 3k, it just became tedious having to individually hunt down titles and remember them. So now I’ll just occasionally use that to see if I’ve finished an “important movie list” like AFI or TSPDT.

I also log my Blu-ray/DVD/UHD collection using bluray.com.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Of course. What's the point of watching a film if I can't log it?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Letterboxd feeds from TMDB. If the film is not there, it won't appear on LB, but I think you can always submit it.

or like Cap said, check out Letterboxxxd
My problem is the latter, haha. Apparently they're planning on changing the policy at some point, but want to do it in a curated manner, which I can appreciate. Wouldn't want to open the floodgates and let the place go to the dogs (people like me).

I do, I log films.
I've also been known to film logs sometimes.

I'm not logging my movies. But I'm most of the time able to remember if I have already seen the movie I want to watch. If I can't remember, that means I can watch the movie more. If I'm liking a movie so much, like Angry Birds or Rio. I'm able to watch it over and over for some time. Until it gets boring for me and I'm having to search for new movies to watch that I like.