Scream 5?

Tools    

3 was weird... bringing the brother into it.
As Randy says, they're dealing with a trilogy, so all rules are out the window now so it kinda works, but Scream 1 and 2 set up that the Loomis Family were the psychos.

4 then bringing another family member into it makes it weird too.
3 and 4 weirdly trying to set up that it's Syd's family who are the psychos.

Maybe 5Cream will set up the return of Billy and Stu.
Stu, did he actually die? All we saw was the TV get dropped on him and he goes limp. It doesn't specifically show that he did actually die.
And Syd shooting Billy, the bullet went through the middle of the brain or something. The reveal at the end will be Billy removing the mask, revealing it's him, and he's all deformed from the gunshot, like Michael Myers and Jason Voorhees.

First images, The return of ghostface

3 was pretty terrible because it tried to do the Haunted House thing and it added onto a mystery that didn't really work

4 was great because of the time jump forward and the new additions were solid

Scream (2015) - the first season was an okay starting point, good cast decent kills and a solid story.

Scream (2016) - This one they just kinda blew it

Scream:Resurrection (2019) - This was the "woke" Scream...it might just be the worst thing ever produced.

I'm actually really excited about this. I've enjoyed every Scream film, though obviously some have been much better than others. But there's a floor level of raw entertainment that they all hit, and I find I really like franchises that I can be confident in enjoying (Mission: Impossible is the other one which comes to mind).

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Nothing has come close to beating “chair through a window”.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I love the Scream movies and one of the reasons to me I think is because this is one of if not the only horror franchise (at least in the slasher sub-genre) that follows the HERO characters instead of the main villain. I always admired this series for that.

Looking forward to this. I have faith in the directors and heard it's a tribute to Craven.

Suspect's Reviews

I think that only time can tell with a movie. I get too sucked into the hype sometimes and think something is great, only to do a repeated view months later and really see it for what it is. Scream was superb and made horror popular again but how far can you take things? Once a film is successful there will always be an audience for it but it’s a shame when a studio comprises quality for £££. I hope this won’t be the case for Scream.

I love the Scream movies and one of the reasons to me I think is because this is one of if not the only horror franchise (at least in the slasher sub-genre) that follows the HERO characters instead of the main villain.
This is such a good point, and seems stupidly obvious in retrospect even though I'd literally never thought of it before.

I love the Scream movies and one of the reasons to me I think is because this is one of if not the only horror franchise (at least in the slasher sub-genre) that follows the HERO characters instead of the main villain. I always admired this series for that.

Looking forward to this. I have faith in the directors and heard it's a tribute to Craven.

This is pretty much the defining trait of the series. It's not about Ghostface: it's about how he affected the survivors. Instead of resorting to the dumb blondes who get murdered after sex, it revolves around the characters' attempts to move on.

Since Wes Craven is my favorite horror director, I'm a little worried it won't have that same punch. But it's not the biggest concern I have for movies and fully believe the film will still be as serious as ever.

Oh, ****. We need a New Nightmare style Scream.

Oh no, some shots in that trailer makes it look like
WARNING: "scream5" spoilers below
Dewey is finally killed!

It looks excellent.

After watching the trailer for Scream (2022), I only have one question: Who's the ape playing Gale Weathers?

Gonna throw this one and the new Halloween a big fat no. At least there's still hope for the new TCM movie, right?

Cautiously excited over here. I associate the series too strongly with Craven and thought the fourth one, while probably comfort food by the standards of the series, still made a good swan song. But I also like Campbell, Cox and Arquette a lot in these roles and more than happy to see them again.

Also, I just realized it's the same directors as Ready or Not, which I thought was relatively enjoyable, so I have no reason to assume the worst just yet.

looks not bad but hope it will be good and hopefully they do wes craven tribute end of credits scene

They're probably gonna start with the first victims watching a fake Wes Craven movie and comparing it to Stab.