Top 10s by Tyler Durden Part I: Horror Films

Tools    

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I like making lists of all the greatest movies, genre entries, actors, performances etc. So, I thought I'd start a series. Here's Part I: The Top 10 Best Horror Films ever made.

Let's begin:

10. The Shining

One of Kubrick's finest (in fact I'm willing to say it's better than 2001 & Clockwork) and one of the scariest films to date. Featuring a countless number of horrific and iconic scenes, fine use of a Stedicam and a good performance from Jack Nicholson, The Shining is a worthy addition to any horror fans DVD collection.

I am a big fan of The Shining Good start

9. Alien

Gladiator & Blade Runner were fine pieces of cinema, but for the greatest piece of evidence that Ridley Scott is a genius, look no further than Alien. A brilliant sci-fi horror that knocks your socks off and scares you silly at the same time.

cool idea, keep em coming

... but for the greatest piece of evidence that Ridley Scott is a genius, look no further than Alien.
If there's evidence that Ridley Scott's a genius (and there's not because he isn't) it'd be this.

&feature=related

7. The Exorcist

"The Scariest Film Ever Made", The Exorcist was called. While the effect has been diminished by age, theres no denying how scary it was when Regan turned her head and vomited. A horror masterpiece.

Sorry for the wait, I had to retreat to my Filmcave to find the 6 best horror movies ever made.

6. Evil Dead

Sam Raimi's debut feature is an unforgettable horror film laced with humor (although Evil Dead II was funnier), horror and black violence. Contains the most inventive rape scene ever put on film.

5. Halloween

Before Nightmare On Elm Street, Scream or countless other slasher clones, Halloween was king of the slashers. John Carpenter once said "Horror should be scary as f--k". He sure as well acheived that here.

Nice list, Tyler. Just so you know, a lot of your photos are not working, and one of them had thousands of letters and such for the link. It had the page severely stretched out. I altered that link, and used one that worked. Hope you don't mind, but again, the page was way out of whack.

Nice list, Tyler. Just so you know, a lot of your photos are not working, and one of them had thousands of letters and such for the link. It had the page severely stretched out. I altered that link, and used one that worked. Hope you don't mind, but again, the page was way out of whack.
Thank you

4. Night Of The Living Dead

The ultimate zombie film which introduced us to the zombie master George Romero, scared us to death and set the bar for all horror films to come.

3. Nightmare On Elm Street

The greatest slasher villian ever, Freddy Krueger, made us afraid of going to sleep. You're not even safe in your dreams.