Weird Al biopic

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
Wonder if he'll manage to live up to Aaron Paul.
Ha! Nice reference!

Oh yeah, I saw this earlier this afternoon (after Al himself tweeted about it). For about an hour I was sure it was a joke, since Al has parodied his own life story more than once over the years, including the Aaron Paul bit. I have no clue how they think Radcliffe is gonna pull that off, really, but what the heck?

Lin-Manuel Miranda tweeted a simply big "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" about this shortly after Al announced it. (He's been a huge Al fan for many years, and requested that Al be one of the two speakers at the dedication of his star on the Walk of Fame a few years ago. The other was Rita Moreno.)

BTW, here's a trailer that's nearly nine years old, from the same Funny Or Die folks behind the biopic itself, for The Weird Al Story (starring Aaron Paul). You can understand why I had trouble believing this whole thing was true:

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
speaking as a short guy, HE'S TOO SHORT!

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

So is Tom Cruise and yet they still keep offering him parts meant for normal-sized men.
yeah but those are fictional characters!!! I'm talking of a gap from what, 5'5" to 6' or more that will have to stand around other people (ok, platforms), but there would have to be stage shots!!!!?

I mean, I love NIN, but this would be more obvious than Trent Reznor's onstage presence compared to his band. Even the drummer SITTING DOWN is almost as tall! If any of you reading are Reznor, please don't hate me. I have height insecurities so I notice these things more than I should. It's not healthy.

...and I'm tempted to pull back my thumbs-up, what with that "normal-sized" men comment. grrr.

...and I'm tempted to pull back my thumbs-up, what with that "normal-sized" men comment. grrr.
That comment was meant as a typical dig at Cruise, NOT ANYONE ELSE. (Hey, my dad and brother are fun-sized, so I get it. I'm only 5'1" myself.)

Besides, I think I only know that Cruise isn't tall because of stories about it, not from movies he's in.

Still, I'd prefer Aaron Paul to Radcliffe, I think, for Al's part. Al is definitely tall!

Also, someone on YouTube had this to say about this song: "For anyone wondering, he wrote this song after he went to a party with his first wife Peggy and the host (who had no clue who they were) introduced them to his guests and 'Al and Betty.'"

whatever wig they use will look horrific and ridiculous.
God, shut up and take my money already!

Radcliffe in a horrific wig giving us the real story on Weird Al? This is already a must-see.

God, shut up and take my money already!

Radcliffe in a horrific wig giving us the real story on Weird Al? This is already a must-see.
I know, right? I'll be first in line here. (I already have my VIP tickets to see Al yet again here in Pittsburgh in October.)

On one hand this casting screams...c'mon now is their really enough story to do a Weird Al biopic.

On the other hand maybe this will be the motivation to finally put him in the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame