Films You Hate, But Everyone Else Loves

Tools    

I just have a huge problem with any very attractive woman to go to any less attractive men. They shouldn't have the fun! Do they think they can get away with it ???? Make a fool of them and their connections...

Inadequates : Funny looking guys, just funny fools or of other race than your average attractive white woman.

Termination deal : Death

I think they look alright.

You make no sense, absolute no sense. Its a film, not a case study. And BTW its my favourite film of all time. If your favourite film is Disaster Movie, then i think i have met my doppleganger.

They just don't have a beautiful quality required to get a beautiful woman. They're getting away with travesty! It's like they're saying oh she's not beautiful just like me but I can get away with beauty.... it's a huge deal. They need punishment.

Yeah, this doesn't make sense. I'll run through the reasons again:

1) Some people find those actors very attractive. Most actors are. Brando, in particular, is considered one of the better looking leading men in history, I think.

2) There are any number of things outside of physical attractiveness that make someone attractive. I'm afraid you're just going to have to accept this, even though you don't seem able to process it.

3) Even if you don't agree with the two things above, none of this has anything do with The Godfather as a movie. It'd be a really weird thing to criticize a film for even if it were fair or true to begin with, and I'm not sure that it is.

As for your rhetorical question about why less attractive men should have "the fun" (which is a great euphemism for sex that I must start using immediately): why shouldn't they? Is there some grand sexual justice in just pairing up whoever wins a certain aspect of the genetic lottery that I'm unaware of? There is nothing inherently more valuable about being attractive than about being intelligent.

But, again, the biggest point is: this has nothing to do with the movie. The movie is realistic. It's a great movie. If anything, the fact that women are attracted to these men only underlines and strengthens its insight into human nature. Whatever odd hangups you have on this topic are not comments about the film, and not a very sensible reason to dislike it as a film.

Just delete these last few posts. No one gets me. Intelligence/strength does not get you an attractive girl. Beauty does. They are unrelated topics. Anything else is wrong and needs termination since you can't get away with it - putting together non attractive topics togther with beauty to get it.

Just delete these last few posts. No one gets me. Intelligence/strength does not get you an attractive girl. Beauty does.
No, this is just wrong. There are about a million examples to the contrary.

It also shouldn't be true, for all the reasons I've explained. But should or shouldn't, this isn't how it works in reality, and thank goodness for that, I say.

If you want to persuade anyone of your rather bizarre views, you have to do more than just repeat them over and over again.

Now, if you want to discuss this further, go create a thread in the Intermission forum for it. It has nothing do with The Godfather.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Do you hate that? I don't think I've ever heard anyone say they hate it. Not live up to the hype, sure, but really thinking it stinks...

Why do you hate it? Be as specific as possible
I don't really hate it, I just really dislike it...

It's really overrated and I just don't like it as much as others.

I love and prefer the sequels.

DeadPin or KingPool?
Anything shrek
Braveheart
Robin hood prince of thieves
Backdraft

I don't really hate it, I just really dislike it...

It's really overrated and I just don't like it as much as others.

I love and prefer the sequels.
Yes, ok, but why do you dislike it? The story didn't capture your attention? You didn't like the plot? Something with the direction or pacing? You didn't like the acting (hard to imagine)? Some scene rubbed you the wrong way?

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
No, the acting was the best thing about it. The pacing was slow and I didn't care for the characters at all (thats probably the point) and I really didn't like Coppola's direction. It made the film operatic, an approach that, I guess, just didn't work for me. The sequel's had a more darker, gritty feel that I just enjoyed more.

OMG I love this movie

i know...everybody else loves hunt for red october...not me..

The Fast & The Furious...the whole franchise.

yesss... i cant stand any of these 4 movies..i fu(kin hate vin diesel...he is brreathing the same air as me!!!

sorry i have strong opions, about crap movies...are they really makeing a 5th movie?!!!

Well, the thread title is "Films you hate, but everyone else loves". Not everyone loves The Fast & The Furious series. You'd be hard-pressed to find one person on this board who loves the entire series.

I'vegot one more to add: Kick-Ass. My vote for worst film of 2010 and I still ended up watching it 1,5 times. Luckily, my girl's folks found out halfway through that I was right about it being a piece of ***** film so we turned it off.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
i for one have probably never fallen in love with a traditionally good looking boy in my life, and i consider myself to be a pretty hot girl.

nothing wrong with that. people need to look beyond physical attributes.