Blu-ray menus showing scenes out of the movies

Tools    

Is that a truly STUPID thing?

I mean, I hate to see scenes taken outside of their movie context, because that totally ruins the emotions attached to the scenes/sequences themselves. I prefer to see the entire movie.

Why on hell did they put scenes in motion on blu-ray menus? Isn't that a terrible spoiler for the viewers?

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Wow! This thread was not made by @ironpony!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Is that a truly STUPID thing?

I mean, I hate to see scenes taken outside of their movie context, because that totally ruins the emotions attached to the scenes/sequences themselves. I prefer to see the entire movie.

Why on hell did they put scenes in motion on blu-ray menus? Isn't that a terrible spoiler for the viewers?
It is because it assumes that we've all seen the film when we buy the disc.

Another thing that I've come across before is easter eggs that can give away key moments, e.g. with behind-the-scenes material etc.

Yes, you're right.

I hate it too. I just want to see the damn film without having it spoiled.
AND I don't wanna see pivotal scenes taken out of their context. So stupid.

I suppose the idea is that most people aren't buying movies they haven't already seen. That's generally the case with me, anyway, which is probably why it's never bothered me much. I can see how it might be a little annoying if you like to blind buy films, however.