Rauldc's Random Radical Top 10 Lists

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
2. Super Mario 3

I think it's arguably the best of the Mario franchise, although I am really digging Super Mario Sunshine on a replay level and I will be the person to admit I haven't really even played much Super Mario 64. But this one had all the little tips and tricks. I always never used the whistle and managed to get through all 8 levels. Pipe level was my hardest draw back in the day, even harder than level 8. Loved trying to beat non water levels in that frog suit, that was a fricken challenge. I'd say my favorite levels would go to level 2 desert land, loved running against that damn sun and dominating him. Also a big fan of Giant Land. Sky Land is where you really felt the nostalgia and you felt as if you were becoming a true Super Mario 3 legend by getting even closer to the end. A legendary classic that I can't deny anybody of having at that number one spot.

Near Misses

Before we get to number one, this was an extremely hard list as really they all will be and it was hard to narrow it down to just 10 on perhaps the greatest video game console of all time. Here's a few others that were definitely given consideration, just missing or ultimately not having played enough of to really make an impact to make the list.

Battletoads- Because, admittedly, I've never beaten level 3 in my life. Which is a crying damn shame since it's extremely fun and yet frustrating to beat.

Legend of Zelda- never beaten it honestly but had some fun with it. One of these days it will be on my list to take down

Kid Icarus- a really fun one that again, I've never beaten but have always had the desire to.

Felix the Cat- honestly maybe one of the more casual fun NES Games ever created.

Captain Skyhawk- one of the greatest plane games ever

1943- right on Pace with Captain Skyhawk. A great fun game.

I don't even think I had or played 10 games on my NES, but Super Mario 3 was my favourite by far. It's an amazing game, but I've probably not played it since the year it came out. Maybe the year after?

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
for me, along with Zelda, Metroid was the one I played again and again and again

and, of course, Contra WITH the cheat code for extra lives or there was NO CHANCE in hell of getting anywhere on that game. And you HAD to have a second player for that one as well.

and I loved Spy Hunter but couldn't get past the first few stages.

1. Tecmo Super Bowl

No surprises here. Obviously it's a game I consider myself as a legitimate contender as one of the greater players of the game, at least maybe a top 200 player in the world which I know sounds silly. I took top 32 in one tournament last year that had about 100 players. In Tecmo Bowl Madison, which is harder, I was bounced in the first round because you have to win your bracket with only 3 people in it and I got beat by a legitimately decent contender. Hope to do better in that one in 2019. But yes, it's a great game that has been an obvious favorite for years.

for me, along with Zelda, Metroid was the one I played again and again and again

and, of course, Contra WITH the cheat code for extra lives or there was NO CHANCE in hell of getting anywhere on that game. And you HAD to have a second player for that one as well.

and I loved Spy Hunter but couldn't get past the first few stages.

I wish I had more experiences with Metroid and Contra. Both are considered some of the best games on the platform. I just never really played them all too much. Remember Contra being super crazy difficult though.

I wish I had more experiences with Metroid and Contra. Both are considered some of the best games on the platform. I just never really played them all too much. Remember Contra being super crazy difficult though.
Metroid was just plain addictive and Contra WAS hard. You really needed the extra lives and a second player to beat it.

NES was my first console, but I was so young and the games were, on average, fairly difficult, so I don't really have that much nostalgia for the era. (I don't think I even got past the first level on most of the games I owned as a child.) Everyone loves Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario 3, myself included. Besides those two, Double Dragon was probably my most-played NES game. I know I've played some Mega Man games, but no idea which ones.

I remember playing Tecmo Super Bowl, but I didn't understand how football worked at the time, so I'd always run in the opposite direction and get tackled in my own end-zone for a safety. My buddy owns an NES classic, so I played the game on there awhile back and had fun. Crazy to think of the differences between that game and the newest Maddens.

Fun thread so far, @rauldc14. Looking forward to whatever top ten lists you post going forward.

I'll be starting the next list this week, maybe even tonight.

It's going to be my top 10 High School songs. By that, I mean my favorite songs that I associate from my high school years. Stay tuned.

Top 10 Songs High School Style

It's that time to jam away. Well, I'm really not sure much of this will be considered jamming but I seemed to have an interesting ear for music back in the day that I can pretty much guarantee many won't either know or care about but hey, it is what it is. These days I really seem to like any kind of music under the sun and I have grown a fond interest for a lot of that classic rock, but back in the day I wasn't really too much into it yet. Here and there yes. Remember those NOW CDs, the ones they are still making? A lot of songs that I listened to back in the day were featured right on there! Basically high school was lived on those first 8 CDs. I have fond memories of hanging in my bedroom with the boom box on and burning CDs (probably illegally, go Napster and all those other devices). Would be cool someday to take a time machine to that period and travel back in time but every so often I get the itch to YouTube some of that stuff anyways. Nevertheless, lots of great stuff but the top 10 is incoming.

10. AFI- Silver and Cold

What kind of music is AFI exactly. I'm not really sure, in all honesty it's pretty dark but it always caught my ears. I'm not a dark guy but I always thought their music was pretty solid. Listened to this one a lot. Hell they even had an AFI song on the Madden soundtrack back in the day.

9. Dispatch- The General

Great catchy tune. Again, not sure on the kind of music it is but it's just a very relaxing tune with great music IMO.

8. Fuel- Shimmer

I've always been a pretty big fan of the band Fuel and they have a bunch of good songs, this one has always been my favorite though. Just something about it that feels so nostalgic, kind of hard to describe it.

7. Avril Lavigne- Complicated

Ready to catch my hate as an Avril Lavigne fan. But she's got a heck of a voice in my opinion.
I could easily see her doing some Old Time Blues. Would be a good fit.

6. Eminem- Lose Yourself

There was a time where I was an Eminem fan. That time has for the most part passed, but for whatever reason I really dug his tunes even if my parents didn't abide.

'Lose Yourself' is one of the few Eminem tracks that seems to hold up pretty well over time for me. It does kinda bring back memories of the movie that didn't really hold up for me though haha

5. Red Hot Chili Peppers- Dani California

Could have chose a bunch of Red Hot Chili Peppers songs and I'd be happy. Probably my favorite band of all time if I'm being honest. And Stadium Arcadium is there best album. Basically I could pick a different song everyday here and be happy with the outcome.