Rate that Movie: the Matrix

Tools    

THE MATRIX
(the Wachowski Brothers, 1999)

MoFo Rating: 7.4
(39 votes)

not a valid rating. 1-10
OK

anybody with me ? could not understand what was going on ? Come out of the closet

Finished here. It's been fun.
+

Need to rewatch it, but its definitely a great piece of sci-fi.

0/10 is valid at MoFo.
(not voting) :)
haha, i read ya. seems to me a 1 out of 10 rating is harsh enough

guess i don't like the possibility for skewing the rating that much more

although for these Rate that Movie threads, i suppose i can allow 0 out of 10 ratings. but whoever's giving the 0 has to make an interesting case for why the movie deserves ZERO. can't just say 'i didn't get it' or 'i had no clue what was going on.' that's lazy. i'll allow it if the explanation is entertaining.
judge's ruling :)

ashdoc, you can vote again.
1 out of 10 is valid, or if you want to go 0 sell me on why your opinion is legit !

haha, i read ya. seems to me a 1 out of 10 rating is harsh enough

guess i don't like the possibility for skewing the rating that much more

although for these Rate that Movie threads, i suppose i could allow 0 out of 10 ratings. but whoever's giving the 0 rating needs to make a strong and interesting case for why the movie deserves ZERO. can't just say 'i didn't get it' or 'i had no clue what was going on.' that's lazy. got to earn the Zero rating. i'll allow it if the explanation is entertaining.
judge's ruling

ashdoc, you can vote again. 1 out of 10 is valid, or if you want to go Zero let's hear a strong case for it !
0 out of 10 for me . the movie makers should have made a movie understandable for dimwits like me

One of my favorite sci-fi movies and on my 100 list. Feels like one of those movies that gets dinged now because of the sequels which really are not very good at all.

0 out of 10 for me . the movie makers should have made a movie understandable for dimwits like me

Judge James says try again

Can't say for sure, been a while since I've seen it, but my guess is a
. Never seen the sequels, so the mythology hasn't been spoiled for me.

You ready? You look ready.
My spoon is nonexistent.

"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza