Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

"Apology accepted, Captain Needa."

Enemy At The Gates

Just watched Shame (2011). What an emotionally wrenching movie, considering what it's about. The ending left me hanging!! I hate those endings where I must imagine how it might end (but I love them). Great actors, great movie overall.

Onibaba

Gotta hold up my end of the deal with Cricket. If I'm feeling up to another movie afterwards, I'm going to watch either Howl's Moving Castle or Castle in the Sky to get closer to completing the animation list.

P.S. - In case anybody is wondering, Mad Max: Fury Road is still awesome the third time around.

Onibaba

Gotta hold up my end of the deal with Cricket. If I'm feeling up to another movie afterwards, I'm going to watch either Howl's Moving Castle or Castle in the Sky to get closer to completing the animation list.

P.S. - In case anybody is wondering, Mad Max: Fury Road is still awesome the third time around.
Watch Castle in the Sky - has some really beautiful theme music. Not that it matters but I have had two very moving experiences related to that film:

When I was in Xi'An in China I was in their Bell Tower in the middle of town and there was some amazing music echoing through the whole building - it Had a very haunting quality to it. My wife said she thought it was from a Miyazaki movie so we walked around looking for where it was coming from and found a guy wandering around playing it on this little traditional pottery musical instrument.

Secondly we were in North Queensland here in Australia and went to a place called Paronella Park where about 80 years ago a Soanish migrant built a castle for his wife - a stunningly beautiful place. Parts of the castle looked familiar and it turned out that Miyazaki had been partly inspired by this place - not sure if he had been there or just seen pictures. As the sun goes down they light up the castle and play that theme music. Japanese tourists absolutely love it and it was such an amazing experience it brought tears to my eyes.

So yeah, watch that

Mad Max

I have to return some videotapes.
Because some sites block hotlinking. In the future, don't use images from IMDb. They never work.
Thank you, didn't know that.