Submit Your
2000s
List
The deadline for the Top Films of the 2000s list is days away! Submit your ballot now, or read about it here

Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

What did you think of it, G82?
Great movie.
WARNING: spoilers below
Great movie. As i have reflected on the film, the character of Connery is an interesting one, both well acted and well written. Probably a narcissist. Marnie has obvious issues, but she is aware of this her self. I would be tempted to watch it again. I decided to mention Connery, because Tippi Hedren obviously did a great job. To avoid making a fool of my self, i will keep this short."]

On the big screen. Looks suitably exotic, with that cast.

This was great, surprisingly good on all fronts.

[Marnie] Great movie.
WARNING: spoilers below
Great movie. As i have reflected on the film, the character of Connery is an interesting one, both well acted and well written. Probably a narcissist. Marnie has obvious issues, but she is aware of this her self. I would be tempted to watch it again. I decided to mention Connery, because Tippi Hedren obviously did a great job. To avoid making a fool of my self, i will keep this short."]
Yeah, I agree. It got pretty tepid reviews after its initial run, but over the years has gained considerably in stature. I'll have to sit down and do some commentary on it. It was really a pretty damn good film!

Well. Squid Game done. Very so-so, though the old man plot strand is good.
Now, this is fun.

Jesus, this references COVID. Feels a bit, not meta, but a misstep.

A Promising Young Woman

2/10

So many plot holes and a wildly unrealistic portrayal of sexual predation. Magic!

wanabe movie critique
No Time to Die!!!!!

Golden Swallow tonight. The Kingdom i will start on as soon as i get it. My first purchase online in a long time. But i was not aware of this series directed by Lars Von Trier. It feels like a good investment.

Not excited, and it doesn’t compare to my recent big screen experiences, but at least it’s British.

Well, this is so unspeakably awful that I’ll put an end to it here.

Not excited, and it doesn’t compare to my recent big screen experiences, but at least it’s British.
LOL. Definitely not my criteria for finding a good movie to watch.

LOL. Definitely not my criteria for finding a good movie to watch.
Nor mine, but somehow I felt like it at the time. Bad decision. Lol indeed. The humour is just truly idiotic.

Alright, then.

Shows how skilfully this is made that as someone who detests all things steampunk at al, I still loved it. Villeneuve definitely my person, as ever. Even the ending great and abrupt.