Voices of the Dead Song Tournament

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
@Velvet, here's a Wikipedia List of rock and roll deaths from the 50s to Present.
That might work for you. Should you prefer a list for other genres you can probably type it in"List of Deaths in (genre)"

im struggling, please give me a list of dead muscians
Are you close to having a completed list?

im struggling, please give me a list of dead muscians
Sexy keeps a hand-written list of dead musicians in his desk drawer.

Sexy keeps a hand-written list of dead musicians in his desk drawer.
If I did, I wouldn't have forgotten people like Tom Petty and Prince for the banner. You'd be surprised at how easy it can be to draw a blank when you're trying to think of dead musicians. Even if dead musicians seem to always be falling from the sky.

I might have to drop out
Can you think of any songs - off the top of your head - 8 of them - that I can add to this as yours? By dead singers. I'll find them and make links for ya. Just tell me the songs.

I could use one more person. I have 7 currently.

If there's somebody else who wants in before Velvet tries to think of 8 songs, let me know.

Falco - Rock Me Amadeus
Gary Moore ft Phil Lynott - Out In The Fields
George Michael - Faith
Nina Simone - Feeling Good
Aaliyah - Try Again
Amy Winehouse - Rehab
Jim Crove - Time In A Bottle
Glenn Frey - You Belong To The City

Falco - Rock Me Amadeus
Gary Moore ft Phil Lynott - Out In The Fields
George Michael - Faith
Nina Simone - Feeling Good
Aaliyah - Try Again
Amy Winehouse - Rehab
Jim Crove - Time In A Bottle
Glenn Frey - You Belong To The City
Good choices. I’ll link them and start this thing. Thank you.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
ROUND 1, PART 1

1. Johnny Cash - Cocaine Blues vs. Queen - The Show Must Go On
Little bit of a tough call but gotta go with the Man in Black rockin out Cocaine Blues

2. Snot - Stoopid vs. Audioslave - Be Yourself
Chris Cornell did some solid songs with Audioslave and this is one of them

3. Hank Williams - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry vs. David Bowie-Starman
Hank REALLY brings out the emotion and I love that steel guitar

4. Klaus Nomi - Simple Man vs. Aaliyah - Try Again
Not quite sure what the first song was -- kinda like a German Expressionist Opera. My God what I high voice! Gonna go muh gurl, Aalyayh. Second favorite of hers next to Are You That Somebody

5. Janis Joplin-Kozmic Blues vs. Broadcast - Come On Let's Go
Janis is a Queen of Bluesy Women and this an unknown gem of hers.

6. Michael Jackson - Who Is It vs. Nell Carter - Gimme a Break! Season 3 Opening Credits
Not a fan of Jackson, gonna hafta go with Nell Carter.

7. Elvis Presley - A Little Less Conversation vs. Gary Moore ft Phil Lynott - Out In The Fields
Phil Lynott; the frontman to Thin Lizzy is frickin awesome, but I had trouble with the pairing with Moore, take it away, Elvis

8. Mike + The Mechanics - All I Need is a Miracle vs. Motorhead - Line In The Sand
First song is okay, but the second song. . . It's F@CKIN Motorhead

ROUND 1, PART 1

1. Johnny Cash - Cocaine Blues vs. Queen - The Show Must Go On-Never heard that Cash song before and I loved it. Never heard the Queen song before either and it wasn't bad.

2. Snot - Stoopid vs. Audioslave - Be Yourself-Never heard of Snot; they were good and I thought I could go that way. The second was too good.

3. Hank Williams - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry vs. David Bowie-Starman-I've become a fan of HW but he doesn't have anything I'd vote for in this matchup.

4. Klaus Nomi - Simple Man vs. Aaliyah - Try Again-I really didn't care for either.

5. Janis Joplin-Kozmic Blues vs. Broadcast - Come On Let's Go-Very rare I'd go against Janis.

6. Michael Jackson - Who Is It vs. Nell Carter - Gimme a Break! Season 3 Opening Credits-There's only a couple wacko songs I like and that's not one of them. Lol at the other nom I love it!

7. Elvis Presley - A Little Less Conversation vs. Gary Moore ft Phil Lynott - Out In The Fields-He's not The King for nothing.

8. Mike + The Mechanics - All I Need is a Miracle vs. Motorhead - Line In The Sand-The first has never been better than alright for me.

1. Johnny Cash - Cocaine Blues vs. Queen - The Show Must Go On (damn that was good)

2. Snot - Stoopid vs. Audioslave - Be Yourself (Amazing song)

3. Hank Williams - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry vs. David Bowie-Starman (one of the few Bowie song I really appreciate)

4. Klaus Nomi - Simple Man vs. Aaliyah - Try Again (not the best set for me)

5. Janis Joplin-Kozmic Blues vs. Broadcast - Come On Let's Go (One of the few great female voice in Rock N Roll)

6. Michael Jackson - Who Is It vs. Nell Carter - Gimme a Break! Season 3 Opening Credits (Never been a fan of MJ unfortunalety)

7. Elvis Presley - A Little Less Conversation vs. Gary Moore ft Phil Lynott - Out In The Fields (I like both tho)

8. Mike + The Mechanics - All I Need is a Miracle vs. Motorhead - Line In The Sand (LEMMYYY)

ROUND 1, PART 1

Queen for me on this round.

I love Cornell, and Audioslave had some good songs, but I'm not really that big on them, and this wasn't a favourite. I'll be Snot's sole vote. I brought them here, so might as well. I wouldn't always vote for my own song in a contest, only if I genuinely preferred it over its opponent.

Awww, bye Trish!

6. Michael Jackson - Who Is It vs. Nell Carter - Gimme a Break! Season 3 Opening Credits

7. Elvis Presley - A Little Less Conversation vs. Gary Moore ft Phil Lynott - Out In The Fields
Not much of an Elvis fan. He's ok every now and then, but not a fav.

8. Mike + The Mechanics - All I Need is a Miracle vs. Motorhead - Line In The Sand
Attachments

It's just unfortunate it went up against Motörhead.

ROUND 1, PART 1

Pleasantly surprised to see Sexy nominated Hank Williams.
I don't know what came over me.

Also @Joel -- PLEASE don't post your votes in a video or anything like that.

That's clever, but I don't wanna deal with video votes this time.