Tomb Raider Reboot

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
I'm digging it...the action looks like the video game...I'm in!

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Uncharted movie goes back to the drawing board again.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Not too big a fan of the new Tomb Raider, where they try to make Lara "realistic" and more sympathetic. What happened to the dishy brunette with mercenary goals? Not to mention the much lower emphasis on exploration/puzzles and more focus on action. It's hardly even Tomb Raider any more.

This film is based on these newer games, which automatically poisons my enthusiasm. I'm skeptical of video game movies as a rule, even moreso if they are based on video games I don't even like.
I didn't really like the initial installments for the PlayStation. But Tomb Raider: Legends and Underworld, I liked, and I think Rise of the Tomb Raider is much closer to them than the first in the reboot series was.

As for the film, I think it looks much more promising than the first set of movies with Angelina Jolie.

im still in the mindset that she s too skinny for the role, she has the acting chops but where are the **** and curves? all i see is people making jokes about her forehead...lol

The Bib-iest of Nickels
im still in the mindset that she s too skinny for the role, she has the acting chops but where are the **** and curves? all i see is people making jokes about her forehead...lol
Forehead? I counted five.

*jazz hands*

Forehead? I counted five.

*jazz hands*
i don t get the joke, btw she has a mile of forehead xd

The Bib-iest of Nickels
i don t get the joke, btw she has a mile of forehead xd
Five-head. Instead of forehead. Heh.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Yeah well I think we've all seen the comments from kids with raging hormones that she needs to go under the surgeon's knife for the role. Even one today from a drip was that 'feminazis have wrecked the franchise'.

I think Alicia will be great and fancy that, she can actually act.

Alicia Vikander I love the trailer of the movie and her fighting sequences.

Hi there. I’m looking forward for the released of Tomb Raider. I’m a big fan of Lara Croft, she is very fierce and resilient. I hope that Alicia Vikander will fit this role. Walton Goggins seems to be a good villain in terms of his acting skills. Have a nice day!

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I'm supporting this movie and its lead! Always! FU Fassboto!

saw this last night on netflix, it was better than I thought it was gonna be, enjoyed it more then the Jolie ones

Yeah the new film was a massive improvement on the Jolie movies... but still nothing to write home about.
It had some nice throwbacks to the games though which were missing from the JolieVerse... jumping across chasms and stuff, and the puzzle aspects in grimy surroundings without the dappy "hero pose" that Jolie would give after she did anything stunt-ish.

Story was a bit short though, reminded me that it was a bit of a remake of the 2nd Jolie movie with the dad-complex thing going on.
I'd say it's probably in the top 20 when it comes to game-movie adaptions though.

Yeah the new film was a massive improvement on the Jolie movies... but still nothing to write home about.
It had some nice throwbacks to the games though which were missing from the JolieVerse... jumping across chasms and stuff, and the puzzle aspects in grimy surroundings without the dappy "hero pose" that Jolie would give after she did anything stunt-ish.

Story was a bit short though, reminded me that it was a bit of a remake of the 2nd Jolie movie with the dad-complex thing going on.
I'd say it's probably in the top 20 when it comes to game-movie adaptions though.
I think Voight was in the 1st one?

Yeah this felt more like the games, the side moving monkey bars on the collapsing plane was the association for me