Black Panther

Tools    

hosted by an Average Moviegoer and a Movie Guru
I will definitely watch this Film because I am Black otherwise the trailer does not look enticing but over the top with no engaging story line.
I'm glad that a movie with a mostly black cast and black director is getting the budget, hype, and ratings that Black Panther is. That said, I really wish it lived up. I don't know if you saw the movie yet, but your impression is right; the story is not engaging. This is not because there isn't a good concept behind the movie, but because the movie is too diluted by unnecessary action sequences, visuals, and distracting plot devices.

Unfortunately, I gave Black Panther 2/5 bottles of beer on the wall

I haven't seen it. I might even skip it because i have been disappointed a lot of times with these big budget highly anticipated movies. I am not surprised you gave it a 2/5 probably that is what i am going to give it too. Its sad that a movie gets good reviews only because it breaks ground in casting choices. Wonder Woman comes to mind.

"Watch'you Talkin Bout Skywalker."
Where do you begin with this Virtue Signaling - SJW abortion of a film.

Is it watchable....Yes. Is it entertaining if you turn off all brain functions except for basic motor skills.....Yes.

Will people who don't know a dam thing about Black Panther other than the Malcolm X group in the 60's enjoy it.....Yes.

Is it a needed movement......yes a bowel movement.

Will the masses love it....clearly they do.

For one reason or another that is. Because it's another Marvel movie or because of some 2018 American Black SJW politics where 40 yrs worth of black characters on the big and small screen haven't existed.

I mean....Just.....The fantastic setup in Civil War, all the almost 50 yrs worth of stories . . .

I love panther. Still have his action figure and a few comics. But Lord of All, if this movie doesn't make me want to use my Marvel collection as toilet cleaner. So disappointed.

I realize that finding moderately clever ways of just saying something is bad is, like, 98% of movie reviews on the Internet, but on this site people tend not to be very impressed by it.

We do respond well to people who elaborate on and explain those opinions, though, if you wanna give that a try.

I realize that finding moderately clever ways of just saying something is bad is, like, 98% of movie reviews on the Internet, but on this site people tend not to be very impressed by it.

We do respond well to people who elaborate on and explain those opinions, though, if you wanna give that a try.
You talkin too me Mr. Yoda?

Oh I will be happy too....Hang on to your butt this where Baldie takes off....

SPOILERS!

WARNING: "SPOILERS" spoilers below
Effects - Some of the effects work was just shoody, I mean take me out of the movie shotty. Now I don't usually nitpic about that much but since i'm talkin about it....why not. The film looked fantastic except for a few parts. But they were important parts like the waterfall stuff or Panther vs Kilmonger.

t'challa was boring as ****! I almost fell asleep for God's Sake. After the blast in the face that was Civil War.....It's like someone balls fell off. So disappointing. Would of loved if this could have been his movie and less of all the extra tripe. So many classic comics they could have adapted together. But no.

Suri - or whatever the **** her name was. That's how memorable she was. Such an annoying and unnecessary character. Panther is suppose too be one of the most brilliant men in the Marvel Universe next to Stark. Just added filler and noise so they could add another Rose type character ( Star Wars reference ) for God knows what reason. You need it, she's got it.

ulysses klaw - ****ing Klaw! WTF!! They killed him like a bitch on a Sunday walk in the middle of the movie after this over the top, idiotic ( Joker Like ) performance by Andy Serkis for no reason. It made nooooooo sense. The story could just as well carried on without his death or even presence in the film.

vibranium - Vibranium is getting to be like Disney Star Wars, I'm God dam sick of it. Hope Thanos wipes the Earth of vibranium in the newest film so I never have to hear of the word. Never was there a more annoying, over used, ridiculous plot device. Once again it makes the comics look tame in this area. Granted I don't read a lot of the new junk. Mabie it's stupid too don't know.

The Rhino's - the God dam rhino's! What do you say about this. I do not ever remember this in the comics. Just so ridiculous. Such a plot device. The CGI looked dumb at parts. Just silly.

The third world poverty - This is suppose to be the greatest civilization in history and the most technical advance society ever. And yet there are native's living in huts made of straw. and rampant third world like poverty. Once again I don't recall this in the comics.

SJW Politics - Now don't tell me I'm dreaming here or it's just twitter. This films whole premise is based on it. And it rubs it in your face. It actually even makes it a joke at one point. You know the scene. Could have been a great movie that we all could enjoyed together as Americans. Once again, so many cool stories in the almost 50 yrs of comics to pull from that aren't racial. But no.

Black Panther's Powers - In the comics they have nothing to do with the V word. They are just special herbs and formula's from Wakonda that give one special powers. Here once again in the film they are the overused V word. Doing everything you need in the plot when you need it. Instead of Wakonda offering other special things than just the V word.

Well I hope that's enough for right now Mr. Yoda.

I'm sorry, I'm a big fan, I get worked up, I was very looking forward to seeing this character on the big screen and done right. I didn't get my wish. Wasn't terrible as far as films one could enjoy go, but not a great Black Panther film in my opinion. If you loved it, more power to ya my little green friend.

If you're a fan of Black Panther who nevertheless goes on rants about "SJW politics", then sure.
What? So why can't we just have a good or even great Black panther movie free of racial sterotypes, racial subplots, racial jokes, wastes of villians and so on. Black Panther is a great comic full of really fun stories that could be put into a nice movie.

Yah it does have some tribalism in some of the comics, but its done very lighthearted-fantasy way as too just celebrate the heritage and color of Africa. Where it doesn't have to be dividing and so heavy handed.

What? Be a Dick. Have something intelligible to say? Get outa bed? Pull up your pants.

Welcome to the human race...
Because I find it absurd that Black Panther needs to dilute its racial subject matter to coddle the feelings of non-black audiences any more than it already does (and I'll concede there is some solid criticism of the film and its treatment of racial themes that doesn't just deteriorate into unironic use of the term SJW) and that maybe the instances where it is "dividing and heavy-handed" are sufficiently justified by how the narrative is executed. Intelligible enough for you?