8.57%
3 votes
England
8.57%
3 votes
Any other team (please specify)
35 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Only 1 months left for world cup 2014, so lets vote and discuss

I am guessing it will be Brazil because of their massive home advantage and good enough squad.
Even though Germany have probably the best squad in world football right now, but with Joakeam Low as coach, i think Germany's chances are slim.

2014 FIFA World Cup Group stage teams:

To view the complete World Cup 2014 match schedule, click here.
____

The provisional Brazil squad has been announced.

Goalkeepers: Julio Cesar (Toronto FC, on loan from QPR), Jefferson (Botafogo), Victor (Atletico Mineiro).

Defenders: Marcelo (Real Madrid), Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Maicon (AS Roma), Maxwell and Thiago Silva (both Paris St-Germain), David Luiz (Chelsea), Dante (Bayern Munich), Henrique (Napoli).

Midfielders: Paulinho (Tottenham Hotspur), Ramires (Chelsea), Willian (Chelsea), Oscar (Chelsea), Hernanes (Inter Milan), Luiz Gustavo (Wolfsburg), Fernandinho (Manchester City).

Forwards: Bernard (Shakhtar Donetsk), Neymar (Barcelona), Fred (Fluminense), Jo (Atletico Mineiro), Hulk (Zenit St Petersburg).

Surprised not to see Filipe Luis, Miranda and Lucas. Maxwell at least not on the same level with Filipe Luis.

Provisional German squad:

Lasogga and Gomez left out for Germany.

I'll stick my neck out and plump for Colombia.

Can't see England doing anything special - we'll struggle with the heat and humidity, no doubt, and probably get knocked out in the group stages.

The South American nations should do well, though I can also see Belgium performing well.

Well, I'm Belgian, and if you look at the players in our selection, it's not hard to see we can go a long way. I would streak across my neighbourhood if we win it.

It's in the Southern Hemisphere, so I'm going with Brazil. It could just as easily be Spain, especially as I can see the immense presurre getting to the team when they reach the final. It's happened before, as I'm sure any Brazilian football fan could tell you. However, I don't think this Spain team is as good as the previous tournament and, let's face it, they've pretty much been playing non-stop since 2008, so I've plumped for Brazil. Though the Spannish teams style of play should work perfectly in the conditions. However, can you imagine if Diego Costa scores the winning goal for Spain against Brazil in the final? Could he ever set foot in Brazil again?

Ribery, Reus, Grenier, Montolivo, Shirokov, Falcao are all out with injury. Oxlade-Chamberlain and Ronaldo are both struggling with injuries and Suarez? Anyone else we're going to miss at the World Cup? Not including the obvious from teams that didn't qualify.

Also:

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
I watched Brazil 1-0 Serbia last night ,Brazil was horrible,they scored from mistake Ivanovic made,if they play like this on WC they will get out very fast.I'm still sad Serbia is not in Brazil...So yea,I think Brazil won't do anything special,I also think Columbia wont get to next phase if Falcao dosent play.I always liked Italy and Greece so I hope they do good,Italy has a chance to go all the way because if someone knows how to play after groups its them,hard group but they can handle it,England will probably get that second place but you can't be sure.So yea,I voted for Italy.

I'd love it if a team like Australia manage somehow to get all the way into the final and win it. Any team that would shock everyone if they kicked out all the big teams and won - that would be amusing to see.

That's if England, or France can't win... my two teams.

Stopped giving a sh*t about football a while ago after getting burned by club and international teams one too many times. But there's £60 up for grabs in the family World Cup pool this year, so I'm somewhat interested again.

By getting my hopes up too high and being disappointed every time.
That's part of supporting a club. You stick with them no matter what the results are. There's no point to it if you leave them if they don't win.

Anyway, I'm a Belgian, so I'll support my national team of course, but I've always had a soft spot for Portugal and England, so I hope they get far as well.

Spain are the most logical winners (based on their qualities) yet again, I think, so I vote for them in this poll, but it would be really something if they ACTUALLY pull it off and win their fourth big tournament in a row. Germany and Brasil are always contenders too of course.

That's part of supporting a club. You stick with them no matter what the results are. There's no point to it if you leave them if they don't win.
I realise that. I supported Birmingham and England for about 18 years, or at least from my first conciousness of "fandom" until about 4 years ago. It wasn't really the losing that finally did it now that I think about it, though, even though it did get to a point where I was taking it way too seriously - perhaps unhealthily so. I came to hate the culture that surrounds football, especially here in England. I hate the general atmosphere of bad sportsmanship and the arrogant, vapid players.

Or maybe it's as simple as growing out of it. I just watched the first half of England-Honduras and was bored out of my skull.

But now there's a decent wad of cash on the line, I have a reason to care again.

I realise that. I supported Birmingham and England for about 18 years, or at least from my first conciousness of "fandom" until about 4 years ago. It wasn't really the losing that finally did it now that I think about it, though, even though it did get to a point where I was taking it way too seriously - perhaps unhealthily so. I came to hate the culture that surrounds football, especially here in England. I hate the general atmosphere of bad sportsmanship and the arrogant, vapid players. But now there's a decent wad of cash on the line, I have a reason to care again.
I see what you mean. I'm not a too serious supporter myself, but I can get pretty vivacious once in a while during certain games. I'm not part of the true "football culture" or anything like that, though. I go to the home games of my favorite Belgian team (FC Bruges) and I support a couple of foreign teams (especially Liverpool FC), but I'm not the kind of guy who always talks about football or who can get negatively wrought-up because of it.

I also have a nice little World Cup bet going on with a couple of friends (we joined a certain internet WC poule), by the way. I can win 150 bucks if I end up first!

Being a Birmingham and England supporter I can completely understand your pessimistic attitude here Skepsis

England are so bad now, Roy Hodgson is a dreadful negative manager with no (well, a limited) footballing philosophy that will get them no where. Honduras game was dire.

I think Brazil or Spain will probably win, the first because of location and quality, and the latter because of quality, everyone wants to doubt them and expects perhaps a change, but they have kept proving themselves to be the best so far.

Ribery out is a big blow to France (I like them, mighty Mamadou Sakho), same with Reus for Germany although they have good depth. Argentina got a good squad and I want Messi to win a WC whilst he's around. Columbia and Belgium got really strong squads too so no surprise if they go far.

Yeh I would too, being a South American country. They've got some great players obviously too, arguably the best attack with the likes of Messi, Aguero, Lavezzi, Palacio, Higuain and Di Mario, and whilst their defence is normally criticised the likes of Zabaleta, Garay, Campagnaro and Mascherano are all quality too.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
I don't understand why you think Brazil is going to win it,maybe I end up wrong but...Where did they prove,they played 4 years of friendly's...They don't have fantastic team,its very easy to stop them,personally,Brazil was never this weak,look at first eleven...Everybody talks about Neymar but what is special about him?He can dribble?Is that becoming a thing?Because as soon as Brazil gets to play against team with smart defenders Neymar will get eaten.One more thing,how can someone support players like Messi,Ronaldo,Neymar,Suarez etc They just fall down,they have skills that is ok,but they are all pricks at least in my eyes.Its good they are not in acting because they would take all Oscars.

I don't understand why you think Brazil is going to win it,maybe I end up wrong but...Where did they prove,they played 4 years of friendly's...
Now this is a problem, no doubt, but it also works the other way. Playing all those friendlies means you're not seeing the 'real' Brazil. Plus, they're the home team. It does help.

They don't have fantastic team,its very easy to stop them,personally,Brazil was never this weak,look at first eleven...Everybody talks about Neymar but what is special about him?
It's not about individuals, it's a team game and the way Brazil play makes they a tough proposition. This isn't to say that they're going to walk it or anything, but it's odd to think that others wouldn't think they could win. Especially as the host nation. Look at Germany. Even when they don't have a good/great team, you still back them to do well in a tournament. It's what they do. Klose is a goal or two away from becoming the highest scoring player at the World Cup. Have you seen his numbers at club level? They're decent, but compared to his international numbers you'd expect them to be a lot better and compared to the numbers by the guys he's beaten ,Muller and Ronaldo, they're pathetic. OK, that might be a little harsh, but look at them. They're truly amazing and, with the exception of Ronaldo at AC Milan, they did it wherever and whenever they played.

International football and club football is different and it suits players differently. This is one of the reasons I wouldn't necessarily pick national teams on club form. Some players just can't do it in International football as it doesn't suit their game. That, or they don't have the right mentality for it.

He can dribble?Is that becoming a thing?
It's always been a thing. Now, with the changes to the laws of the game and the way it's refereed, it could be argued it's more important than ever. It's not the long dribbles from the half way line, it's the ones in and around the box. Plus, I think you'd admit that he's a player that can do something that can win a game on his own with one piece of magic. Those players are always important, especially against smart, well disciplined teams.

One more thing,how can someone support players like Messi,Ronaldo,Neymar,Suarez etc They just fall down,they have skills that is ok,but they are all pricks at least in my eyes.Its good they are not in acting because they would take all Oscars.
Because they're among the best in the world? Because they have amazing ability? They might go down easily sometimes, but they all get kicked more than most, too. I'm not telling you they're the most pleasant people on the planet, but that's not why they're admired, either. There again, I'm not telling you that Neymar is quite in their class yet, either. But he might be.

Personally, I think this guys is the worst of them all. Can't stand the man. But as a footballer? I'm going to miss him at the World Cup this year.