Blue Ruin

→ in
Tools    

Writer-director-cinematographer Jeremy Saulnier has cooked up a terrific noir with 'Blue Ruin'. Reminiscent of early Coens (think Blood Simple) with a dark sense of humour and some nifty camera work, this is a very accomplished piece of suspense. Macon Blair as Dwight is superb as the dorkish assassin bent on revenge; a strangely sympathetic anti-hero attempting to carry out a 'full Tarantino' on those responsible for previous misdemeanours. A simple story, told with great flair. 8/10

Great review. The suspense in the movie had me riveted right down to the very last moment.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010

I enjoyed this movie a lot. A great story that slowly introduces the character and his world of hillbillies, guns, a crappy car, and revenge. A lot of the acting and filmmaking appeared understated and some nice surprises and realistic violence. Macon Blair was excellent as Dwight, a young man coming back on the radar to settle some old business. Quite a different tone from most revenge stories like this, which I appreciate a lot. It's also worthy to note how well done a movie can be on a shoestring budget. I believe it's on Netflix or Hulu now.

I'd rate in a B+

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Blue Ruin...................This is agreat movie.