MovieMan8877445's Movie Reviews

→ in
Tools    

Tropic Thunder (Ben Stiller, 2008)

Synopsis
Tropic Thunder was the hit comedy/action movie of the summer. The story starts off with a bunch of fake trailers, which really work well in the movie, to really get the feel of the movie in. Because the overall premise of the movie is a bunch of actors trying to make a movie. But when they just can’t seem to get the movie right, the director decides to take them into the jungle and make the movie right. But as it turns out, the movie that the actors think they’re making isn’t even a movie anymore. It takes them a little while to finally figure that out, but finally when they find that they aren’t making a movie anymore, they deicide to intervene and get out of this jungle. It won’t be as easy as they think it will be though. They have to find a way though, or they are all as good as dead, so they must get their heads into the real world and work together, and doing that might help them get out of the jungle. Ben Stiller, Robert Downey Jr., Jack Black, Jay Brauchel, Brandon T. Jackson, and Tom Cruise all star in this epic comedy.

Actors/Characters
All of the actors did a great job playing the roles of their character right. Still was meant to be a self conceded person, and he plays that part very well. I’m not really surprised though, because Stiller can seem to play any role possible from all the roles that we’ve seen him in. Downey Jr. really had me impressed in Tropic Thunder, even more than Zodiac or Iron Man, because his character was really supposed to be a self conceded person like Stiller’s character. I didn’t really know if he could do it or not at first, but he really did a great job at it, probably even better than Stiller did with it. He also showed me he can be a great action star in this one, mainly because of the beginning and ending scenes of Tropic Thunder, I already knew he was great at action though with Iron Man. I was really surprised with Black in this role though, because I usually tend not to like him that much. He’s usually just annoying in roles to me, but he was actually genuinely funny as his character in Tropic Thunder. I didn’t really know what to expect with Brauchel though, because the only other thing I’ve really seen him was Knocked Up. And he really didn’t really have a big of role in Knocked Up as I thought he was going to have though. This was the first movie that I’ve seen with Jackson in it, and I was quite pleased. I look forward to seeing him in some more upcoming movies. But the best actor in this, besides Downey Jr., was Tom Cruise by far. I never knew Tom Cruise could be so hilarious, but he really showed me he could in Tropic Thunder. He should definitely do some more outrageous roles in the future like his role in Tropic Thunder.

Plot
The story was a lot like Tom Cruise’s role in this, it was very outrageous. It was just so far over the top, that it was just epic. Tropic Thunder’s story felt very much like a Judd Apatow movie, which may have been why I liked it so much. Because Judd Apatow is my favorite person involved with comedy. But Apatow had nothing to do with Tropic Thunder, it was all just Stiller. I’m actually surprised though that Stiller has only directed only 3 other theatrical release movies. And from the ones that I’ve seen that he’s directed, I seem to like. Hopefully with how well Tropic Thunder was, he’ll direct some more. Especially because this is the first theatrical release movie that’s he directed since 2001. The beginning and ending are by far the two best scenes of the movie, which is actually sort of ironic, because those are two action sequences and not comedy scenes. But then again, it isn’t that ironic because it is supposed to be an action/comedy and not just a comedy.

My Final Thoughts On It
My thoughts overall on it, was that I loved it. It’s probably my favorite comedy, but all that really depends on what you would consider a comedy. Because I do like quite a few movies more, that may be considered a comedy. If you’re a fan of anyone in the movie though, it’d definitely be one that I would recommend you see because all the cast does a great job in Tropic Thunder. It is the best spoof that I’ve ever seen, but then again that really isn’t saying much because of all the recent insert genre here movies. I’m not sure I’d say go out and blind buy it though, because I know not everyone’s going to suddenly love it as much as I do. Because I’ve heard some people say that they didn’t like it that much, so I’d recommend that you go rent it first just to make sure it’s worth a buy for you. I personally thought it was a little better in theaters though, then when I recently watched it on DVD. If you’re in the mood for an epic comedy though, this is main one that I would recommend you get because this is the best epic comedy that I’ve yet to see.

The Incredibles (Brad Bird, 2004)

Synopsis
The Incredibles is the hit animated movie about retired superheroes. The Incredibles starts off back some time, when heroes are still acceptable to save people, but through a series of unfortunate events, the world decides to ban heroes. But Bob, even after years, can’t seem to let his superhero go. He tries to do save people whenever he can, but after one day of getting pissed off at work, he suddenly gets called back into action. But he doesn’t tell anyone, so his family doesn’t even know. But is then betrayed and it turns out to just be a trap. Bob’s wife then tries to go in there and save him, but their kids seemed to have snuck on to tag along. But once they get there it turns out there’s a much bigger plan then they think, from someone from the days of back when they were allowed to be superheroes. So now they have to stop him before it’s too late, but will they be able to stop Syndrome. The Incredibles features voicing from Craig T. Nelson, Holly Hunter, Samuel L. Jackson, and Jason Lee.

Acting/Characters
I’m surprised at how well of a job that some of actors in The Incredibles did, because even though they were only just voicing their characters, they really seemed to get into their characters really well. Craig T. Nelson was like the perfect choice for Mr. Incredible/Bob; his voice seemed to fit well with how the character looked. I knew it was Nelson right from the start though, because I could just tell it was voice, but that was fine. This is probably the only thing I’ve ever even seen Hunter in though, well technically heard her in. She does seem to have a great voice for animated movies though, so that’s a great thing to have, to bad this is the only animated movie she’s ever done though. Now I know Samuel L. Jackson can do a great job in basically anything, mainly because he’s my favorite actor. Even in mediocre movies, he seems to still do a great job in them. His voice definitely fit his character great; I could just imagine him as Frozone. Jackson’s character was definitely my favorite character in the whole movie though, because I love the sense of humor his character had, and just of how awesome his character was. I never really imagined Jason Lee doing just a voice, because I was so used to seeing him face along with his voice, so it was sort of weird seeing him in this. I still think he did a very good job; it was just unusual for me seeing him in an animated movie.

Plot
The story was definitely the best thing about The Incredibles. I loved how it got a Watchmen kind of feel a couple of times throughout the movie, especially the beginning of it and the ending kind of. I think I loved it so much, because I tend to love a lot of superhero movies, because superhero movies are my favorite kind of movies. I can tell they really put a lot of though in putting this story together, because I’m sire it really isn’t easy creating a superhero story. I don’t really get why I’ve heard some people call this a Watchmen rip-off though, I mean sure it’s had some similarities to Watchmen, but I definitely don’t think this is a rip-off of Watchmen, mainly because Watchmen had a much better story and characters. The story didn’t really get dull at all throughout the whole movie, thought the beginning was going to be a little boring though, it wasn’t though. Pixar really did a great job at making an animated superhero movie though.

My Thoughts Of It
My thoughts on it overall, I thought it was an amazing animated movie, easily my favorite out of all animated movies. I’ve heard a lot of things about it being overrated though, which I really don’t get, because to me it definitely isn’t overrated. I do want to point out though at how great the animation was, The Incredibles animation is probably tied with Wall-E for the movie with the best animation. And I do think The Incredibles is just a little better though, because they have like the same animation, but The Incredibles had it 4 years before Wall-E had it. This should be a definite watch for anyone who’s a fan of animated movie, and if you’re looking for a great movie to watch with your family or something, this is one that would definitely be the main one I think you should watch. If you haven’t yet, I think you should go out and blind buy the DVD, if you haven’t seen it before. But if you’re still now sure if it’s worth a blind buy at least give it a rent, because it’s worth it, and you’ll be doing yourself a favor by watching it.

10/10

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The Incredibles Rules!

In fact, let's dump the Constitution and literally allow the Incredibles to rule! HA!

On the other hand, The Incredibles is much better than Tropic Thunder, even if I like Tropic Thunder.

The Incredibles Rule!

In fact, let's dump the Constitution and literally allow the Incredibles to rule! HA!
Yeah I watched it for the first time tonight in like a year, and now I remember why I loved it so much before. And The Incredibles does rule.

Bolt

Synopsis
Bolt is the animated comedy adventure of the fall. It starts off with Bolt as just a playful puppy, then you see his person, Penny, adopt him and they seem to love each other right after that. Then it immediately burst in to an adventurous chase with Penny trying to find her kidnapped dad. She just couldn’t do it without Bolt there to help her, so after fighting armed guards on motorcycles and some helicopters they finally get on their way to save Penny’s dad. Too bad it’s all just a TV show though; the thing is though Bolt thinks it’s all in real life and not fake. But when the ratings for the show are going down because of the happy endings, they decide to make an ending which wasn’t happy, which ended up with Penny getting kidnapped. But since Bolt thinks it’s real, he escapes from the TV studio to go out and find and save Penny. But when he gets lost and can’t find where to go, he gets a cat to help him, which he thinks knows where Penny is. Now they must travel across the country to go and fins Penny. Along the road they also meet Bolt’s number 1 fan, who’s a hamster, who decides to help. But along the journey, Bolt finds out he really doesn’t have super powers, but still tries to go and save Penny. Now the three of them must go and save Penny, but along their journey it seems they have made quite a few friends along the journey. John Travolta, Miley Cyrus, Susie Essman, Mark Walton, and Malcolm McDowell all have a main voice in this comedy adventure.

Acting/Characters
The voicing overall was actually pretty good. Of course I could tell it was John Travolta right from the start, it’s pretty easy to tell his voice. But as the movie went on I actually sort of forgot it was him playing Bolt, made it’s just because I got into Travolta’s character too much. He really did an amazing job for an animated movie, I could tell the emotion from his character just from his voice, and a little help for how his character was animated. Miley Cyrus did surprisingly well, I wouldn’t say great or anything, but seeing with how’s she’s acted before, she did a good job. I didn’t really get as much emotion from her character though, but then again, she didn’t really have as much screen time as Travolta had to give emotion to his character. Susie Essman did a pretty good job as well; I could tell her emotion through her voice at times, I couldn’t throughout the whole movie. Her character was pretty typical though, starts off bad, but then by the end the truth about her comes out and she becomes good by the end of the movie. I really haven’t seen her in anything before, but she was pretty funny in Bolt. Mark Walton was hilarious in Bolt, which may have been because of his character though. The cuteness of his character mixed with his lines, just made him my favorite character in the whole movie. I really had no idea that Malcolm McDowell was in this until I got home and found it out online. I really couldn’t tell that was him by his voice.

Plot
I actually really liked the story of Bolt, even though I think it would’ve worked out better if they had just gave Bolt his superpowers and made the movie like that. I can see why they wouldn’t do that though; it’d be like a dog version of The Incredibles. I really loved the beginning sequence of the movie, definitely my favorite part of the whole movie, the one scene alone was a full 10/10 for me, too bad it didn’t quite stay like that the rest of the movie. The story turned out to be really funny, the funniest animated movie of the year so far, it’s still not the best though. The one thing I didn’t like about it was that it had another typical ending, it had a great chance not to have a typical ending like that, but they decided to give it a happy ending because of it being animated. The story really never slows down at all throughout the movie, because it was either an action scene or a comedy scene. There was actually quite a few drama scenes mixed in there with the rest of the movie.

My Thoughts On It
Overall, I think it’s a great family movie to watch and if you’re looking for a family movie to watch with your family on Thanksgiving, this would be a great choice. It’s my second favorite animated movie of the year so far, right after Wall-E and right before Kung Fu Panda. I was actually quite surprised with it, because I never really thought Disney had good animated movies, like how Bolt was made, that weren’t made from Pixar. The animation for Bolt really is great; I would say it has just as great of animation as Wall-E had. It didn’t really have all kiddy jokes in it and had some good jokes that more than just kids would laugh at, so I’m actually surprised that we’ve had so many animated movies like that lately. I definitely think it’s worth a viewing in theaters, but if you really don’t like animated movies that much, it’s probably better if you just wait for the DVD for. But if you are a fan of animated movies, it’d definitely be one I recommend seeing before it leaves theaters.

12 Angry Men

Synopsis
12 Angry Men is the great courtroom drama. It starts off with in a courtroom with a boy on trial for murder; there are 12 members in the jury who must decide his fate. All the signs point to the boy being guilty and most of everyone are convinced he’s guilty, except one. One juror, Juror #8, thinks it’s possible that he’s not guilty, and since he thinks it’s possible that he’s not guilty that he won’t vote for him being guilty. For the choice to be decided though, all the members have to agree on one choice, so since they all don’t agree, they have stay there and convince each other. But as Juror #8 starts to talk about his case with the boy not being guilty, it seems he’s starting to convince other members of the jury that he’s not guilty. One member, Juror #3, just can’t seem to agree though; he’s by far the most stubborn of the entire jury. But can one man actually convince eleven people that he’s not guilty when all the signs point to him being guilty? Henry Fonda, Lee J. Cobb, Joseph Sweeney, E.G. Marshall, Jack Klugman, and Ed Begley star in this courtroom drama.

Acting/Characters
All of the actors did an amazing job in this movie; I actually don’t even think there was a weak performance in the entire movie. Henry Fonda did such an amazing job; he kept his cool throughout the whole movie even when everyone seemed to be getting loud. It was like that though because his character was supposed to be that, even though he was the only one disagreeing, he was the only one who kept his cool throughout the whole movie. Lee J. Cobb had the best performance in the whole movie though; I think he just did a little better than Fonda mainly because Cobb’s character needed him to show more emotion than Fonda’s character. Cobb really had me amazed throughout the whole movie, especially his last few minutes in the movie when he completely brakes down. Sweeney did a great job as well; I actually think his character kept his cool as much as Fonda’s character did. E.G. Marshall, like the rest of the cast, did a great job, his character seemed the smartest out of all the characters. Marshall seemed to have the most sense throughout the whole movie, but most of the characters seemed to be getting a little antsy throughout the movie, which may have been why the other characters didn’t seem to have as much sense. Klugman didn’t seem to be in the movie as much as the other four actors in it, but still the scenes he was in of it he was great, or at least good, in. Begley I think had about the same amount of screen time that Klugman had in it, and like Klugman, the scenes with Begley in it were great.

Plot
The story for 12 Angry Men was definitely nothing short of amazing. I was surprised that so much could happen in just one room, which was a great thing about 12 Angry Men, was that it was so amazing and it only took place in one room. The first 10 minutes or so of it were a little slow, but right after Juror #8 stated that he thought the boy was not guilty, it got really intense. I couldn’t even walk away to go use the rest room, because I was so into it and I wanted to see what happened next. It was amazing at how one man could change eleven people’s votes from guilty to not guilty. He did by redoing the situation and convincing them it wasn’t possible. I especially loved the ending when they’re all walking out of the room, just the music that plays in that scene with them walking out are just great. 12 Angry Men definitely has one of the best stories I’ve ever seen, in a movie or book.

My Thoughts On It
Overall, 12 Angry Men is one of my all-time favorite movies. This is definitely a classic and I don’t think it should be considered anything less than that. It’s one of the most intriguing movies that I’ve ever seen, you may not think of it much before you watch it, but when you actually start to watch it, it’s just impossible to stop it. I really haven’t seen any other courtroom drama besides 12 Angry Men, but I definitely want to look into some more of them after how much I love 12 Angry Men. If anyone’s got any good suggestion for some, please let me know because I want to check them out. 12 Angry Men is definitely a movie worth buying on DVD, I wouldn’t even recommend renting it because I’m sure you’ll love it. If you’re still not entirely convinced though, I guess you should rent it just to find out. I think more than likely you’ll probably end up loving it though.

You already have, Tropic Thunder, you gave it 10/10.
Tropic Thunder wasn't a bad movie to me, I found it hilarious. One of the few good spoof movies there is.

Excellent reviews, sir. I like your format and can't wait to see more from you.

I agree with just about every point brought up in your review of 12 Angry Men, especially this bit:

Lee J. Cobb had the best performance in the whole movie though; I think he just did a little better than Fonda mainly because Cobb’s character needed him to show more emotion than Fonda’s character. Cobb really had me amazed throughout the whole movie, especially his last few minutes in the movie when he completely brakes down.
I couldn't agree more. Despite how extraordinary Henry Fonda was in the film, Lee J. Cobb, in my opinion, out-shined him. Every piece of powerful dialogue he delivered in the movie blew me away, and although I liked Henry Fonda's character (and Henry Fonda himself) more overall, Lee J. Cobb really did deliver the better performance, however slightly more that may have been.

The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button (David Fincher, 2008)

Synopsis
The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button is new different time travel movie. It starts off with a woman in a hospital dying, with her daughter there with her to keep her company. But then her mom decides to give her a journal to read while there, so then she begins to read the journal of Benjamin Button. The journal starts off with a women dying and a young boy being born, but this boy is different, he looks like an old man in his 80’s. But soon they find out that he really is different, and instead of aging, he’s only getting younger as time goes on. Benjamin Button has a complicated life, living with his adoptive parents in a retirement home, but there he fits right in. Most people there think he really is as old as he looks, but a few know that he is aging backwards. But he must leave as he gets younger, and he takes a journey through life. He always tries to be with his one true love, Daisy, who he first met when she was only a young child. Daisy doesn’t seem to want to be with him in the first part of his life though, she eventually comes around though, but at that point he’s getting much younger, and sooner or later he’s just become as young as he can get. Brad Pitt stars in the lead of this, along with Cate Blanchett, Taraji P. Henson, and Jason Flemyng all star along with him in Benjamin Button.

Characters/Acting
The acting in The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button was great, I’m not sure if it could’ve been really any better. Brad Pitt really got into the role of Benjamin Button, his character was the most interesting out of the characters, but that’s already sort of expected seeing as the whole movie is focused around him. You could tell Pitt really prepared for this role, and I’d be surprised at if he at least didn’t get nominated for ‘Best Actor’ at this years academy awards. Cate Blanchett was also pretty good in this, I didn’t really seem to like her character as much though, I mean she did a good job at acting in the movie; her character wasn’t the best though. Taraji P. Henson seemed to get into her character as well, like Pitt did for his role as Benjamin Button. Her character seemed to have some really sad moments, which she seemed to have done a good job in. Jason Flemyng really wasn’t in that much of the movie, but I didn’t like his character at first, I’m pretty sure he really wasn’t meant to be that likeable at the beginning though. His character got more likeable towards the end of the movie though, he just seemed to get nicer towards the ending. Jared Harris did a great job IMO; he did the second best performance in the movie after Pitt. His character was the most interesting out of all of them besides Pitt, but he was my favorite character in the whole movie, I was actually surprised at how much screen time he got, I’m glad he got all the screen time he got, he definitely deserved it.

Plot
The story for Benjamin Button was the best part in the entire movie; it’s the main thing that made this movie so great. This movie had such amazing story telling, that was the main thing this movie had going for it. I think that even if you didn’t like the movie, you can’t deny that this movie had amazing story telling. The main reason that this didn’t quite get a perfect score from me was the length; I think most of everything in there, for the most part, was needed, but there were some scenes that could’ve been cut and released once on DVD or something. The length really isn’t that bad though, because I’ve seen some long movies that are hard to sit through, and this really isn’t as bad as them. Now I’ve never read the short story, but I’m actually amazed that Fincher could turn a short story into a 3 hour long movie, I’m sure I’ve got to read the short story, but I guess there was a way. I didn’t really like the ending as much though; I thought the beginning of Benjamin Button was much better than the ending.

My Thoughts On It
Overall, I thought it was great, but it didn’t quite meet my expectations that the hype was suggesting. Now I don’t quite agree with people saying that this was David Fincher’s best film, I don’t think it was. It was a little better than Zodiac, but no quite as good as Fight Club or Se7en. Some of the stuff in this movie really reminded me of Forrest Gump, not the whole movie, but there were some scenes that really reminded me of Forrest Gump. This was the second best movie of 2008 for me, as long as I don’t see something in the next week or two that changes that, I don’t think something will, maybe Gran Torino. And when I eventually get around to finishing my top 100, which is actually becoming really soon, that this will make it pretty high on my favorites list. Maybe in my top 30 or maybe somewhere in my top 20. I think it’s going to end up somewhere between 20 and 30 though. But if you’re trying to pick a movie to see in theaters this weekend, or sometime soon, I’d definitely suggest seeing this one, because I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

Revolutionary Road (Sam Mendes, 2008)

Snyopsis
Revolutionary Road is the new powerful drama from Sam Mendes. It starts off with April and Frank first meeting, they meet at a party and they start to have a conversation. She wants to be actress, but it turns out that she isn’t that great, and Frank finds that out while watching one of her plays. Many years pass and it shows Frank at work, he’s not too happy with his job, and apparently he’s not too happy with his marriage because he starts to have an affair with one of the girls at his work. But then he goes home to find his wife and kids were throwing him a little 30th birthday party. But Frank and April are both sick of their current life, so after talking with each other they decide they need a new life and plan to move to Paris. Frank then starts to fade away from the idea once he gets offered a better job at his current work place, and then they find out something else that ultimately makes them stay in their current life. April isn’t happy with this life though and she really can’t stand this life anymore. Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet, Kathy Bates, David Harbour, Kathryn Hahn, and Michael Shannon all star in this incredible drama.

Acting/Characters
The acting from the entire cast is incredible; I don’t think there was even one bad acting moment from anyone in the cast. Leonardo DiCaprio shines out of this cast the best by far, I wouldn’t be surprised if he wins ‘Best Actor’ at this year’s academy awards, and I’m going to be upset if he doesn’t at least get nominated because he definitely deserves it. He really stood out in once scene alone when he’s fighting and arguing with Kate Winslet’s character. Kate Winslet was also amazing, not quite as amazing as DiCaprio though, I can definitely see her getting nominated for ‘Best Actress’ though, I’m not sure I see her winning though, I could be surprised though. Kathy Bates was great for the parts she was in, she constantly appears throughout the whole movie, and the scenes she was in were great though. David Harbour was also really good; I really liked his character in this though, just the stuff that happened with his character was great. Kathryn Hahn was good, her character seemed to really freak me out though, just the smile that she had on her face throughout the movie. Michael Shannon was the best out of the cast after DiCaprio and Winslet though, I’ve seen him in some small roles before but I never really noticed that he had great acting though. I mean his role in this was pretty small too, but the parts he was in were just amazing, I was completely blown away by his acting. His character was supposed to be messed up in the head though, and he did a great job showing it.

Plot
The story for this was great; it started off a little slow though IMO. Some of this really reminded me of American Beauty, I think if you liked American Beauty you should check this one out, because it wasn’t like exactly the same thing or anything, but the concept was sort of like American Beauty. I was glued to the movie right up until the last 25 minutes or so, I mean I think this has one of the best and most emotional scenes that I’ve ever seen in the movie, and it was towards the end. But I feel after that scene, the ending just gets dry right up until the last 5 minutes or so, and then it really got me interested in it again. I didn’t mind that the ending was dry much though, because the rest of the movie before that really made up for the dry ending. The acting sort of stole the show from the story though, but that doesn’t mean the story was bad or anything, just that the acting was amazing.

My Thoughts On It
Overall I absolutely loved it, I think this is probably tied with The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button as my second favorite movie of the year, but I still have quite a few movies to see from this year first though, so that may be flip flopping around some. Also like Benjamin Button, I think this is probably going to make it somewhere between the 20 and 30 spot in my favorites list. I think in the end I may end up liking this more than Benjamin Button though because I’m pretty sure that this will have a better rewatchabilty standard than Benjamin Button. This has to be like my favorite movie from Sam Mendes, I’d have to rewatch American Beauty and Road To Perdition just make sure though, but I’m still pretty sure. This for me actually lived up to the hype, because I was hyping myself up to watch this a little because I thought the trailer looked amazing and it definitely deserved it. I can also definitely see this snagging ‘Best Picture’ at the academy awards this year though, but if you’re one of the ones lucky enough to have this playing at a theater near you, I suggest you go and see it before it leaves because it’s definitely worth the price of an admission price. I'm trying to force myself from going ahead and giving this a prefect score.

You've certainly proven, more or less, your abilities to write (positive) film reviews, Movieman. Now that you've posted a pretty solid number of them, my advice would be this: let's see the converse of what you're used to writing; I'd like to see a primarily negative-based review. I think others have suggested the same. Let your skills be shown, but in contrast to every other review thusfar in your thread.

Of course, that's only a suggestion, but I'd like to see one from you.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

You've certainly proven, more or less, your abilities to write (positive) film reviews, Movieman. Now that you've posted a pretty solid number of them, my advice would be this: let's see the converse of what you're used to writing; I'd like to see a primarily negative-based review. I think others have suggested the same. Let your skills be shown, but in contrast to every other review thusfar in your thread.

Of course, that's only a suggestion, but I'd like to see one from you.
I'll try, I'm about to watch Milk and I'm gonna do a review for that after, I think Milk looks really good though, so my next review will probably be positive as long as it's good like I hope. I heard Dreamcatcher was supposed to be pretty bad though and I bought that one today, so I may do a review for that one after I watch that one whenever I actually do watch that one.

Understandable, Movieman. It's just that a 3.5/5 being the lowest review in your thread (after you've posted over a half-dozen) makes it seem as though you're specifically focusing on reviewing films you really like. To be well-rounded, you've got to break away from this habit.

Do a review for Step-Up 2.

Oh wait, you liked that...

Do one for Epic Movie.

Understandable, Movieman. It's just that a 3.5/5 being the lowest review in your (thread after you've posted over a half-dozen) makes it seem as though you're specifically focusing on reviewing films you really like. To be well-rounded, you've got to break away from this habit.
I like to postive reviews though, me trying to do a negative review really just ends up being turned into a rant. I'll do one sooner or later though, and I've decided not to watch Milk tonight, so who knows my next review my be negative.

Do a review for Step-Up 2.

Oh wait, you liked that...

Do one for Epic Movie.
If I did one for Epic Movie, it woulld really just turn into a rant.