Holden's 2011 Oscar analysis in one place

Tools    

After literally hours of editing on both ends and a whole mess of formatting work, I'm quite proud to present Holden Pike's 2011 Oscar analysis:

This sucker is over 10,000 words long, and is made up almost entirely of the bits and pieces Holden's posted on the forums, stitched together into one big, seamless feature. This was quite an undertaking as each category had its own thread, and Holden posted follow-ups in most categories after various guilds offered their versions of each award, almost all of which were integrated into the earlier analysis. It was also put through the wringer multiple times for typos, tense, and all the images were resized to match one another.

A huge, huge thanks to Holden for letting us use his work in a more formal way, and for giving it a good going over after the initial edit. This is some thorough stuff, people, loaded with historical context and peppered with insightful personal opinions along the way, so let's give the guy a heaping helping of appreciation.

Thanks, happy to do it. I am an Oscar junkie.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

So neat how it's pieced together like that, and it flows like a straight-up essay. I learned a lot about the recent history and the process. Much thanks.

Also, I'm pretty glad Winter's Bone has no shot at anything. AHAHAHA...

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Great read. Thanks Holden!
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I've already read most of Holden's breakdowns already as I look forward to this time of year even more than most folks. But I just wanted to formally thank the Hold-man once again. I wish I could retain the kind of facts and knowledge that he does and then be able to write about them as well as he does. You're a good egg Holds.

That being said, I just watched that thing called Unstoppable. Sweet jesus, that fact that mess got nominated for anything is a travesty. Ugh...