Avatars & Profile Banners: The Making of . . .

Tools    

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
haha woops i forgot i posted in here and yeah i couldn't find it on youtube so i'll find a new one lol

A PHD in Whiskey and Stonerology
So, I'm away for a couple months and come back to find Martian still cluttering up the thread and wasting Des's time with requests for avatars he/she/it never uses...

So sorry, Des

Besides which, Martian, it can't hurt to learn how to do it yourself if you want such a ridiculous quantity.

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
So, I'm away for a couple months and come back to find Martian still cluttering up the thread and wasting Des's time with requests for avatars he/she/it never uses...

So sorry, Des

Besides which, Martian, it can't hurt to learn how to do it yourself if you want such a ridiculous quantity.

Hey if you can tell me some good sites to download. Ones I can trust and not as spam or anything. I'll do so. Say are they free? Do they take up much space on my computer? Thats two things that worry me.

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

A PHD in Whiskey and Stonerology
Well, what are you doing with the ones Des makes for you? Those take up the same amount of space (I assume you're saving them) as ones you make yourself.

What you need is some software. And Des tells you all the right software to use in the first page of this thread

Well, what are you doing with the ones Des makes for you? Those take up the same amount of space (I assume you're saving them) as ones you make yourself.

What you need is some software. And Des tells you all the right software to use in the first page of this thread
I like to make ones from youtube video. Just dont know if I should load paint.net or some other site. I have a windows movie maker. Think I just need some photo shop then?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Des needs to make the book Avatars for Dummies.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Don't answer those questions. I've answered them a hundred times, already. They are also answered on the first page of this thread, in the first 4-6 posts.

I truly believe that you just don't want to take the time to read through all of them, and/or take the time to make them/figure them out for yourself.

You know Spuds, you may have missed my other comment in the shout-box, a couple or so weeks ago. I was talking about how I've made so many avatars, that it's hard for me to miss certain things about them. Say for instance . . . their size!

Stop that!

it's hard for me to miss certain things about them. Say for instance . . . their size!
What, you don't like the fact that my Bogey is bigger than your Bogey?

Back to the Avatars for Dummies book. It's probably a safe bet that said person would not purchase this book, but if they did, they would only flip through to look at the pictures, then be upset because there's no CD included with pre-made avatars.

What, you don't like the fact that my Bogey is bigger than your Bogey?

Back to the Avatars for Dummies book. It's probably a safe bet that said person would not purchase this book, but if they did, they would only flip through to look at the pictures, then be upset because there's no CD included with pre-made avatars.

Is there such a thing? I would like one!!

SOMEONE MAKE ONE!!!!!!!!

No, no, noooooooooo! Back to the avatar size. If you can have a larger avatar, then so can we. You remind me of those parents that load their carts down with all sorts of crap, and then when their kids ask for one thing . . . "You don't need that!"

Be fair, young man!

tehe That must be an admin thing. I don't believe you guys have a setting like we do for our avatars, that makes it stop at 110 x 90. That is the allowed size, and why it was so obvious to me. You were at 110 x 120, now you're bigger. Don't let Sexy see it. He's always wanted his to be taller.

I lost my cd that had all my editing progs on it and have to use alt things right now. I think my daughter took it with her when she moved out, because she has all these great looking pics and avatars now. I knew I should have made a copy of it.

You were at 110 x 120, now you're bigger.
That's odd, because I changed it to 120 X 120, uploaded it, then saved the uploaded picture and checked the dimensions. I don't get it.

Yeah, that's what I said. You were 110 x 120. Once you said you fixed it, it was 120 x 120. It was larger. The allowed size is the 110 x 90 that I was talking about.

Like this . . .

I don't know, because when I go to upload an avatar my restrictions are 120 x 120. Either way, I reduced it in size by about 15%.