Which Actor Do You Identify "The Godfather" With?

Tools    

Which Actor Do You Identify "The Godfather" With?
75.00%
18 votes
Marlon Brando
20.83%
5 votes
Al Pacino
4.17%
1 votes
Robert De Niro
24 votes. You may not vote on this poll

One of my favorite characters and performances in The Godfather, Al Lettieri, who played Sollozzo-- the guy who helped kill Luca Brasi, and later was shot by Michael Corleone in the famous restaurant scene with Sterling Hayden, Pacino, and Al Lettieri. What a great character actor (The Getaway) who died at 47 of a heart attack.

Talia Shire
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Al Pacino. This is Michael's story from beginning to end, and his performance is the best from the bunch.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I definitely don't identify The Godfather (1972) with Robert De Niro... because he wasn't in in it (he was only in the sequel)!

Maybe James Caan!

I wasn't only referring to the first one, and used quotations to be general, but to also hint at it being a movie.

Gotta go with Tony Soprano.

...I'll see myself out.

I wasn't only referring to the first one, and used quotations to be general, but to also hint at it being a movie.
I know. I's just teasing.

Now if you'd said Godfather Saga (that's the one that puts I & II in chronological order all in one super-long movie, so De Niro shows up at the beginning)... I think I'm the only fan of that version.

Despite the fact that Brando won a lead actor Oscar for what was basically a supporting role, his name is still the first one that pops into my head when I think of this movie, though when I watch the movie, it really belongs to Pacino.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I know. I's just teasing.

Now if you'd said Godfather Saga (that's the one that puts I & II in chronological order all in one super-long movie, so De Niro shows up at the beginning)... I think I'm the only fan of that version.

Oh ok, cool...

I haven't seen the saga in a long time. Why do you prefer it, besides the chronological view?

Oh ok, cool...

I haven't seen the saga in a long time. Why do you prefer it, besides the chronological view?
I only prefer it for the chronological view, plus it's an excuse to watch I & II together as one movie. Sometimes I like watching II without the flashbacks, so the saga puts it all in one steady timeline without interruptions.

I only watched the saga once (I rented it on VHS at the advice of a video store worker - so that shows how long ago that was). I enjoyed seeing both movies together as, at that point, I had never really saw both in their entirety, so it was an opportunity to see the whole thing with just one movie.