GOOD NEWS PEOPLE ...

Tools    

First crocuses. Spring arrives Saturday.

Winter is not leaving the Connecticut stage gracefully, but, rather, hanging on for dear life. BRUTAL winds today that - almost - blew me over.

Spring is in the wings so butt out winter & learn your lines for next year. We do not want to see you tomorrow.

Surprisingly to me, Dunkin Donuts in town are allowing indoor food & drink. I was very pleased on Saturday to discover this as I’ve been freezing my ass off outside for a year plus now.

But, when I got home, I realized this is not a good idea for me until I am fully vaccinated & maybe not until the fall. I doubt very much they are wiping down the counters & tables inbetween customers with Clorox wipes.

So, unless it’s raining or very cold, I will continue to have my coffee outside. There is a vacant office building close by that has a cute little bench area, which I have now made my own.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Surprisingly to me, Dunkin Donuts in town are allowing indoor food & drink. I was very pleased on Saturday to discover this as I’ve been freezing my ass off outside for a year plus now.

But, when I got home, I realized this is not a good idea for me until I am fully vaccinated & maybe not until the fall. I doubt very much they are wiping down the counters & tables inbetween customers with Clorox wipes.

So, unless it’s raining or very cold, I will continue to have my coffee outside. There is a vacant office building close by that has a cute little bench area, which I have now made my own.

Hubby and I keep a pack of antibacterial wipes with us when we go out. We bought a huge box of small packs of them, so we keep them everywhere. You bring your own wipes and then you could use them to clean the table and chairs yourself.

We use them to clean everything, like the handle on carts at the supermarket. (We also keep a Lysol spray bottle with us for the rest of the cart).

We clean everything that we buy before we put it in the car. (We wait until we get to the car because the cashier is going to touch everything, so it doesn't make sense to clean the items until we get to the car.)

We also use them to clean the car's steering wheel several times a day, and our keys, and everything else that we touch all day long.

Hubby and I keep a pack of antibacterial wipes with us when we go out. We bought a huge box of small packs of them, so we keep them everywhere. You bring your own wipes and then you could use them to clean the table and chairs yourself.
Yeah, I did think of doing this, but too lazy to organize one more thing for COVID.

Gonna stick to my plan of not staying inside these places until fall or winter compels me too.

CT is vaccinating everyone come April 5. How are you guys doing on Long Island?

Yeah, I did think of doing this, but too lazy to organize one more thing for COVID.

Gonna stick to my plan of not staying inside these places until fall or winter compels me too.

CT is vaccinating everyone come April 5. How are you guys doing on Long Island?

Hubby's parents got their first vaccine shot on Tuesday. It was the first time they were out of the house since last March.

NY just opened up the vaccine appointments for people age 50+, so Hubby and I are trying to get an appointment, but everything is already booked. Hopefully we'll be able to get it soon, but Hubby wants to wait for the J&J so we only have to get one shot. Until then, we're just being extremely careful, cleaning everything, staying at least 6 feet away from everyone, and trying to stay out of anyplace that looks too crowded. (We haven't eaten out in a restaurant, (not even fast food or take out), since last March.)

Totally moot now since this location “temporarily closed” yesterday. Beyond annoying as this is my fave location. Counter-people very very vague, but I saw something online that a DNKN somewhere in America had closed because a member of staff contracted COVID. Now I am wondering if this is what has caused the closure at this branch. It’s very mysterious.

I do see that DNKN locations without a drive-thru are more vulnerable to closure. Luckily, the one on my street has a drive-thru, but it’s not my favorite location.

Hubby and I are trying to get an appointment, but everything is already booked.
From helping others, I see that when the baby boomers became eligible was when there was a severe shortage of openings. The older folks didn’t clog up the system since they were unfamiliar with how to do it, but the boomers did. It’s so discouraging for people when they see no openings anywhere.

🎶 It’s been a long cold lonely winter ... 🎶

Magnolias in bloom here. The prettiest tree. Dogwood too is in blossom.

Took your advice today. Knew I wanted to have my DNKN coffee inside today as it’s so cold & windy. So I bought Chlorox wipes & took them with me. Wiped down my small table & my chair.

GBG - keeping the world safe.

Took your advice today. Knew I wanted to have my DNKN coffee inside today as it’s so cold & windy. So I bought Chlorox wipes & took them with me. Wiped down my small table & my chair.

GBG - keeping the world safe.

I'm glad I could help.

I hope everyone starts doing that too. If the stores and restaurants aren't going to do their job of cleaning everything between customers, we can at least keep ourselves safe by cleaning everything. Hubby and I even clean the conveyor belts at the supermarket before we put our items on the belt. (Unfortunately most stores that are taking the time to clean the shopping carts and conveyor belts are just using the same antibacterial wipes over and over again, so we always use our own. If you let them wipe stuff down, they're just transferring the last person's germs onto your cart and items.)

If you let them wipe stuff down, they're just transferring the last person's germs onto your cart and items.)
Totally. From what I can see DNKN Is just using the little pail & cloth it used before COVID. Probably just soapy water. I asked them once to wipe the tables, which they did. Never seen them do it since.

🎶 It’s been a long cold lonely winter ... 🎶

Magnolias in bloom here. The prettiest tree. Dogwood too is in blossom.

Magnolias are amazing! In my childhood, there were a lot of these trees while I lived with my parents. I really wanted to grow a magnolia in my yard, but unfortunately the tree died this winter due to frost. Maybe I prepared the tree incorrectly for winter, but the result is as it is.

Magnolias are amazing! In my childhood, there were a lot of these trees while I lived with my parents. I really wanted to grow a magnolia in my yard, but unfortunately the tree died this winter due to frost. Maybe I prepared the tree incorrectly for winter, but the result is as it is.
Yeah, it’s a beautiful tree. You can try again to plant one.

I thought maybe Connecticut has been too chilly so far for these wee critters. But yesterday there was a little family of 4 goslings & a family of 6 goslings. Even when the 10 goslings ran among each other they each knew which of the parents was theirs. Interesting & clever.

Like I said, it’s been chilly so the bigger family huddled under mom like the 2nd photo. Beyond cute.

(stock photos)

I thought maybe Connecticut has been too chilly so far for these wee critters. But yesterday there was a little family of 4 goslings & a family of 6 goslings. Even when the 10 goslings ran among each other they each knew which of the parents was theirs. Interesting & clever.

Like I said, it’s been chilly so the bigger family huddled under mom like the 2nd photo. Beyond cute.

(stock photos)

The weather here in NY has been crazy recently. One day it's too hot, and the next day it's too cold. Then, it's too hot again.

But your post reminded me of this adorable video that I saw recently about baby ducklings.

But your post reminded me of this adorable video that I saw recently about baby ducklings.

OMG, precious! Haven’t seen any ducklings yet.

So I thought I would swing by & check on the goslings this a.m. Their parents decided to birth in a private garden belonging to 2 rental buildings where there are 2 large ponds. Ideal, but, especially at the weekend, people walk the perimeter of the ponds. Obviously the goslings can’t fly so the little families are stuck there.

This morning I didn’t see them at all. Plenty of bulrushes, etc. in the ponds where they can hide. But what was very disturbing was a couple of guys had their small black dog OFF LEASH, which is very clearly signed and prohibited. Ugh, if this darn dog could spy the 10 tiny goslings they would be dead in a second. Yes, their parents would put up a major fight, but, still. Very alarming. I didn’t say anything to these guys since I don’t live in the buildings & maybe they do or they work there.

Worrying & I won’t return to check on them since my nerves can’t stand it.

An American Robin has a small nest that I see on my daily walk. I am totally fascinated by her tiny family, which now consists of 3 chicks. They look just like this stock photo. Momma is very attentive & sits on the nest keeping them warm.

What worries me very much is that the nest is at eye level and, therefore, vulnerable. Why the heck didn’t they build a nest much higher up in the tree?

The little flufflets are so adorable. I pray to the Dear Lord to keep them safe until they fledge, which, amazingly, will be when they are 14-16 days old.

Momma Robin has 4 chicks, not 3. My bad. Their eyes are opening now. Again, I pray to the Dear Lord to keep them safe.