Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I have to return some videotapes...
Speed (1994) -

Ridiculous fun.

Gattaca (1997)

What movie? Your picture went out?
Sorry, not sure what happened to that picture. Just put a new one in.

The Bridge On The River Kwai (1957) -
+

Loved this. David Lean is starting to become one of my favourite directors, he has an incredible knack of making these mammoth films interesting throughout. At no time during this, Lawrence or Arabia or Doctor Zhivago (which i like quite a bit less than these two) was i looking at the time or hoping this would end. This is a great achievment for one film to be like this, but three to be like this despite their massive length for me anyway is amazing. I loved Guinness' character. His steadfast refusal to work because the Japanese weren't following international law and all the punishment he went through reminded me of Cool Hand Luke except he was doing it for a reason, something important. The scene when he finally wins and the soldiers run to congratulate him was great. When Saito tells him this and he just lets out a sigh of relief as if "thank god" before composing himself and buttoning up his shirt before proudly walking out in front of them was a nice touch. I wasn't as crazy about Holden's character but i did like his storyline. Colonel Saito was a good villain. He started off as a typical tyrant but you ended up seeing that he was just a member of a harsh regime under extreme pressure to complete this difficult task. Loved the ending and Nicholson's realization of what he has done and what this place has done to him. Anyway fantastic film which will make my 50's list. Kind of want to watch all of David Lean's films i haven't seen right now haha.

Films and films
Zootopia - 8.5 , one great movie

I have to return some videotapes...
Spiderman 3 really isn't that bad, it's just got such obvious flaws that people like to poke holes in it. It's just corny at times and if you were to take out a couple scenes it would be a fine movie.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
The Hunt (2012, Thomas Vinterberg) - A
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (2014, Robert Rodriguez, Frank Miller) - B

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Unregistered User
Little Dieter Needs to Fly (1997) -
- would have made my doc list, pretty high up too.
Radio Days (1987) -
+
Bear Story (2014) -
wonderful short
Catch me Daddy (2014) -
+

Dark City (1998)

The director of I, Robot brings about something big and extraordinary: After Hours, if Tim Burton had made it.

Is Mirage the only good film where the protagonist has amnesia?

We Need To Talk About Kevin -

Very good film. I really like Lynne Ramsay. Not seen Morvern Callar but i watched Ratcatcher a few months back which i liked a lot. Along with Andrea Arnold who i also like a lot i think she is one of the bet Female Directors and just directors in general i know about working right now. I felt terrible for Eva throughout she looked like a nervous breakdown on legs throughout. Her early struggles trying to bond with and understand Kevin as well as her meeting with him in jail were well done. You could really see her pain and frustration watching him get along with his dad so well. Tilda was fantastic, one of my favourite performances from this decade so far. It was scary who well cast the young Kevin was that kid could grow up to be Ezra Miller. Both were solid, they gave out a very cold and vindictive manner especially when you consider how well he acted around his father. That was the most terrifying thing about the film how she was the only one who sees any of this happen, it was almost funny at times like when he slams his yoghurt down on the table then 2 seconds later when his dad comes in he runs towards him "daddy how was work did you take any cool pictures?"

I'm glad it ended the way it did i was half expecting a loving mother and son moment which would've felt mushy and out of place. I liked how it basically Eva showing she still loves him while it was the closest Kevin would ever come to this which was still incredibly cold and emotionless. Really good film.

Spiderman 3 really isn't that bad, it's just got such obvious flaws that people like to poke holes in it. It's just corny at times and if you were to take out a couple scenes it would be a fine movie.
There are definitely holes big enough to poke.

Is Mirage the only good film where the protagonist has amnesia?
Nope.

Memento (2000)

WARNING: "Memento" spoilers below
His wife never really died or something, I forget

Nope.

Memento (2000)

WARNING: "Memento" spoilers below
His wife never really died or something, I forget

You might want to check out Mr.Buddwing with James Garner...older film, but the title character does have amnesia.