Best
73.33%
11 votes
One flew over the the cuckoo's nest
26.67%
4 votes
The Shawshank Redemption
15 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Two great classic films that are often regarded by some as being very similar. But which one of the two do you consider better?

Who says that they are similar except for being excellent movies? Both are taken from novels, but have different authors, different content, and different styles.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I don't think they are similar, but it's "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" easily...

I like "Shawshank" but I don't even think its a Top 10 Prison/Isolation movie

When I mention similar, they're both set in institutions where they main character wants to get out of there and both shouldn't even be in those places. . In both films both main characters are eventually admired by their fellow patients/inmates. In both films the people in charge are nasty and evil. Nurse Ratchet and the Prison governor (I forget his name right now)

So similar in some ways. It wasn't a crazy opinion.

I'd have liked to see Ratchet's face when she found that she was pretty cheated out in the end. Also, not enough Christopher Lloyd. I'm going with Shawshank.

Poor old Nurse 'Wretched', not only despised by most but seemingly doomed to forever be misspelt too

The Shawshank Redemption has diminished from all-time favorite to gateway film over the years. I still like it quite a bit, but not as much as I used to.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, on the other hand, has held up as a masterpiece throughout the several times I've watched it. If anything, it's sort of like Sansho the Bailiff in the sense that I often forget how great it is only to be wowed all over again when I revisit it.

I won't say that Nurse (*looks it up*) Ratched deserves what she got, but her slow psychological torture of Billy (and I'm sure others under her care) is indefensible enough not to pity her outcome.

Shawshank is my #1 film of all-time, so that. But I loved One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

Other than that, I think the similarities are only surface deep. At the end of the day, they're very different films.

Two great classic films that are often regarded by some as being very similar. But which one of the two do you consider better?
No clue which is “better” (whatever that means in this context), but I’ve seen Cuckoo multiple times & Shawshank only once & no desire to see it again.