THE REVENANT
1.72%
1 votes
ROOM
13.79%
8 votes
SPOTLIGHT
58 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Here are the eight nominees for the Academy's top prize. Which would be your choice?

• The Big Short
  • Bridge of Spies
  • Brooklyn
  • Mad Max: Fury Road
  • The Martian
  • The Revenant
  • Room
  • Spotlight

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	picture.jpg
Views:	1199
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	23695  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I suspect The Revenant will take home the prize, but I'd love to see it go to Mad Max: Fury Road.

Also think it's BS that Inside Out didn't get a best picture nom. The Academy needs to get their heads out of their collective ass and nominate animated films for Best Picture.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Thus far I have only seen The Martian, which was an excellent film. I couldn't say how it compares to the others, so it looks like I have a lot of watching to do.

but I'd love to see it go to Mad Max: Fury Road.
I won't be surprised if it does. People are absolutely INSANE about that thing.

Master of My Domain
Also think it's BS that Inside Out didn't get a best picture nom. The Academy needs to get their heads out of their collective ass and nominate animated films for Best Picture.
Thumbs up for this. inside Out is clearly the best film of the year (from what I've seen).

So far, I've only seen Bridge of Spies and The Martian. As of right now, I'd give it to The Martian, but I'll probably watch most of the other Best Picture noms before the end of next month.

Over 50 2015 releases seen this year and still 2 of these I missed. Can't imagine anything topping The Revenant so I voted. Going to try and see Brooklyn and Room before the show as they are represented in alot of categories.

Anyone else surprised at the love for Bridge Of Spies? I found it very ho-hum. I guess that is how a ton of people thought of Lincoln though, and I loved that.

I've seen em all except for Brooklyn. My personal vote would go to The Big Short, I think it doesn't get nearly as much love as it deserves.

No Hateful 8? How does that make sense? Agree with the snub to Inside Out. Great flick. Maybe the best that Pixar has done in several years. Wow.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
My heart says Spotlight or Martian, because they were really fluid and easy to watch....

but its the Revenant. When Inarritu and DiCaprio lose, this makes boo-boo all better.

No Hateful 8? How does that make sense? Agree with the snub to Inside Out. Great flick. Maybe the best that Pixar has done in several years. Wow.
Personally I'm glad TH8 was left out of all the biggies. QT needs to calm his ego and arrogance and go make a great movie again. He is too lost in his own self by now tbh. The noms it got is well deserved though.

Personally I'm glad TH8 was left out of all the biggies. QT needs to calm his ego and arrogance and go make a great movie again. He is too lost in his own self by now tbh. The noms it got is well deserved though.
I seem to hear this a little more every QT movie that comes out. What is he doing that is so different? From my vantage point it just looks like people are used to his style now so not as enamored with it.