The Mofo Top 100 Television Shows

Tools    

Chappie doesn't like the real world

A big thank you to everyone who participated! 60 lists for tv shows on a movie forum isn't bad at all.

Here are all you lovely people:

Miss Vicky
Cricket
Guaporense
christine
Camo
hellz7
Godoggo
teeter_g
Sir Toose
Brodinski
rauldc14
TheUsualSuspect
Lucas
The Gunslinger45
Holden Pike
The Sci-Fi Slob
seanc
Hitchcockian
Mr.Sparkle
Swan
Voigan
MovieGal
R.P. McMurphy
OMEGA5
neiba
Thursday Next
Skepsis93
Citizen Rules
Sexy Celebrity
Derek Vinyard
Pussy Galore
Harry Lime
Mark F
Tacitus
Tylerdurden99
Wintertriangles
Hit girl
Gideon58
Justin
Karibou
s1n1st3r
HoneyKid
Nebbit
Sedai
Gbgoodies
Sleezy
Yoda
Captain Spaulding
Arcanis
donniedarko
Gandalf
Thekgproject
Sinny Mcguffins
Frightened Inmate
Movie meditation
Jiraffejustin
s1n1st3r
Sarah F.
JayDee
Iroquois

Special thanks to Slob for the banner and extra special thanks to Jiraffejustin for coming up with this and doing a lot of the work. I hope everything resolved itself in the best possible way.

Now on with the show:

Listen!

The IMDB list in its entirety

On the Air 1992
Room 101 1994
Pokémon 1998
Max Headroom 1987
The Donna Reed Show 1958
Never Mind the Buzzcocks 1996
CSI: Crime Scene Investigations 2000
Doctor Who 1963
Metalocalypse 2006
The Wild Wild West 1965
Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads? 1973
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D 2013
Have Gun - Will Travel 1957
The Bachelor 2003
Eric & Jessie: Game On 2013
Tour of Duty 1987

THIS THREAD CONTAINS LOTS OF SPOILERS FOR THE LISTED SHOWS. PLEASE CHECK THE LIST BEFORE READING TO MAKE SURE ANY SHOWS YOU ARE CURRENTLY WATCHING DON'T GET SPOILED.

List

100. The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson
99. The Larry Sanders Show
98.Dragon Ball Z
97.Supernatural
96. NFL Monday Night Football
95. One Piece
94. Pride and Prejudice
93. 3rd Rock From the Sun
92. Will & Grace
91. Cowboy Bebop
90.The Planet Earth
89. The Mighty Boosh
88. The Young Ones
87. Only Fools and Horses
86.Columbo
85. Scrubs
84. That '70s Show
83. Family Guy
81. King of the Hill -tie
81. The Colbert Report -tie
80. The Golden Girls
79. Avatar: The Last Airbender
78. Archer
77. Prison Break
76. The Andy Griffith Show
75. Boy Meets World
74. Berlin Alexanderplatz
73. Spaced
72. The Prisoner
71. The Dick Van Dyke Show
70. Curb Your Enthusiasm
69. Northern Exposure
68. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
67. Sons of Anarchy
66. Angel
65. House MD
64. The Rockford Files
63. Quantum Leap
62. I Love Lucy
61. The West Wing

60. Lonesome Dove
59. Louie
58. Parks and Recreation
57. M*A*S*H
56. Roseanne
55. Six Feet Under
54. The Walking Dead
53. Peep Show

52. Puella Magi Madoka Magica
51. I'm Alan Partridge
50. Survivor
49. Everybody Loves Raymond
48. Saturday Night Live
47. Criminal Minds
46. Blackadder Goes Forth
45. The Office (UK)
44. Married With Children
43. Freaks and Geeks
42. Frasier
41. Law & Order

40. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
39. Hannibal
38. House of Cards
37. Star Trek
36. Battlestar Galactica
35. Cheers

34. Batman: The Animated Series
33. Dr. Who
32. Fanny & Alexander
31. The Big BangTheory

30. The Shield
29. Black-Adder II
28. Futurama
27. Deadwood
26. Community
25. Star Trek: The Next Generation
24. All In The Family
23. Monty Python's Flying Circus

22. The Office
21. Sherlock
20. Dexter
19. Friends

18. The Twilight Zone
17. Band of Brothers
16. Mad Men
15. True Detective
14. Lost
13. Fawlty Towers
12. South Park
11. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
10. The X-Files

9. Arrested Development
8. Firefly
7. The Sopranos
6. The Wire
5. Twin Peaks
4. Game of Thrones
3. Seinfeld

2. The Simpsons
1. Breaking Bad

100. The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson

Theme song

Quote: What we DO have is nothin' but time. Welcome to the "Shawshank Redemption" of late night!

Scottish American Craig Ferguson is the third host of the Late Late Show. His sidekicks include a robot skeleton and a horse. (A costume containing two men.)

Quirky and zany are two common words used to describe Ferguson's humor. Viewers turning in could except to find singing puppets, a foul-mouthed rabbit and numerous cat jokes.

This year Ferguson announced he will be leaving the show.

Memorable funny moment: A remark from Geoff causes Ferguson to lose it.
Watching him try and fail to regain his composure made for a, albeit unintentional, hilarious moment.

Memorable episode Ferguson let his serious side show when he interviewed Desmond Tutu gaining the show a Peabody Award.

44 Points placed 17th, 8th and 9th

Theme Song

Quote:Larry: Sonny Bono did not get elected to a Senate seat here in California. That's when you know you live in California, when you look on the ballot and Sonny Bono is running for a senate seat. I was really towards running for the Captain of Captain & Tennille, because evidently, he at least has some military experience.

Fictional behind-the-scenes look at a talk show host interacting with guests and producers.

The Larry Sanders Show ran on HBO accumulating a slew of nominations and awards.

Legacy It has proven to have had a huge influence that can be seen in shows such as The Office, 30 Rock and Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Memorable episode "The Party" What was supposed to be a simple dinner get together becomes an unwanted party when office politics become involved.

44 Points placed 7th, 8th and 19th

I don't think I've ever actually seen any of The Larry Sanders Show.

I've seen a few episodes of Craig Ferguson. I'm not much of a fan of talk shows so I only watch when there's a guest I'm interested in.

In preparation for this I watched a bunch of clips from both shows. I'm disappointed now that I haven't been watching Ferguson and TLSS is something I plan on buying.

Max Headroom 1987
This was mine. At last one of my one pointers shows up again. Made it a one pointer specifically so I could recognize it.

Max Headroom was a great TV show that aired between 1987-1988. It had two seasons, though there was only 14 episodes total for the whole series. It starred that '80s icon, Max Headroom, but it wasn't just about him -- it was about a futuristic television network in a cyberpunk sci-fi world where it was illegal to turn off your TV. Max Headroom was created by the network and used as a figurehead for it on their channel.

The whole series is available on DVD.

Doctor Who 1963
????????

I thought everyone in the world except me was obsessed with this show? How did this only get 1 point?! Is it considered a different version?
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	max-headroom-the-complete-series-20100814022320578.jpg
Views:	3724
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	17982  

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Wow we've only just started and already there's one I'm kicking myself for not including. Over the last few years I have become obsessed with Craig Ferguson. Thanks to youtube I've not missed an episode in the last 3 or so years. Such a terrifically funny show even if it is rather offbeat (he's got a robot skeleton and a panto horse as a sidekicks!). And he has got to be my favourite interviewer. His interviews are just so different but so damn entertaining, particularly with the female guests which frequently become very flirty. I especially love when he interviews some of his regulars (Kirsten Bell, Kat Dennings, Sarah Chalke, Daniella Ruah, Lauren Graham etc.)

And as G-Dog pointed out he can also do very serious, grown-up interviews. Stephen Fry in particular produced some great episodes. In fact there was a great episode where the two just talked for the whole show without an audience. Here's a video with that episode followed by another more conventional episode (it has an audience) but still a great interview with some serious issues and points

Yeah, it started. I love all the tidbits Goddoggo. As usual you do good work and it is appreciated. Both of these are shows I have only watched a couple of times. Shandling has never done much for me in anything I have seen him in. I really haven't given Ferguson much of a chance to. He is on too damn late, and I am old.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I had Craig Ferguson at 17th, and I'm pretty sure Sarah had it too. Ferguson is a wizard at spontaneous interviews, riffing with Geoff, or remembering/eulogizing his lost family and friends (for example, Michael Clarke Duncan).

????????

I thought everyone in the world except me was obsessed with this show? How did this only get 1 point?! Is it considered a different version?
Yes, it's a different version. The one that everybody (except you and me) is obsessed with started in 2005. I've never seen a single episode of either and have no intention of changing that.

Sweet.

Not to be picky but you should do it like 100 then 99, not 99 then 100. Just sayin. Thanks for doing this!
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

i've never seen the larry sanders show, but it's something i plan on watching in the future. looks great.

don't watch craig ferguson but he seems pretty funny from the few clips i've seen. i prefer stewart & colbert for my late night shows though.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
100. The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson

I've seen a few episodes of each of these shows, but I don't really care for either of them. I pretty much only watch talk shows when there's a guest that I like on the show, and even then, I usually only watch their segment.

I'm glad to see that "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." (2013) was on the one point list. I didn't vote for it because it's too new, and it hasn't really proven it's legacy yet, but I love the show, and I haven't missed an episode since it premiered.

I am surprised we have two late night talk shows already.

By the way, I think that bald guy is Jeffrey Tambor, who's also in Max Headroom and was pictured in the picture I showed from that show.

It's either Jeffrey Tambor or Dr. Phil.

I think it's Jeffrey Tambor, who now plays a transsexual on the Amazon.com show, Transparent.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	dr_phil_mcgraw.jpg
Views:	5088
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	17983