Movies YOU wished were being made

Tools    

I'd also like to see someone attempt to adapt Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow. I'm sure if they ever attempted to do it they'd completely mess it up, but who knows......
I would have to question whether it would even be possible to adapt such a work for the screen.

A guy named Zak Smith did a sort of illustrated piece on the novel titled Pictures Showing What Happens on Each Page of Thomas Pynchon's Novel Gravity's Rainbow which I felt was wildly ambitious!

As far as movies I wish were being made, there has been talk for at least a decade about someone doing Kerouac's On the Road. Van Sant as well as Coppola were said to be involved at one time or another. I seem to remember Brad Pitt even being mentioned years ago. While I cant say that I desire this to happen at all, I would still be the first in line to see it.

The comic of "the Runaways" I think would make an awesome movie, apparently it was in talks that it was going to be made into a movie, but I dont know if it will ever actually happen.

I also think the books by Karin Slaughter should be made into movies, but i dont think that ever will happen due to a lot of the content in them.

Employee of the Month
DEFENDING THE KINGDOM

When a gangster boss from L.A.

and a big drug dealer from south america

holding an important business meeting in Detroit

things suddenly get dicey and rough. A bunch of professional hitmen

is working together to make them history. Two sloppy bodyguards

are trying to get the situation in control, but when the psycho-brother of one of them

take over the game in a surprising way, all participants have to push themselfs to the limit.
And who`s behind this evil conspiracy?

I really would like to see this happen.

Well I am a huge fan of the Grimm Fairy Tales and I would love to see some very dark adaptations of their stories like The Robber Bridegroom, Cinderella or Rumpelstiltskin.

^ Carpe diem

I would love to see the classic novel, 'Atlas Shrugged' be brought to the Silver Screen. One of the 100 greatest novels ever. Would be great.

Would also love to see the greatest science fiction novel of all-time be brought to the big screen - Ender's Game. How has that not been made yet?!?!?!

Would also love to see the greatest science fiction novel of all-time be brought to the big screen - Ender's Game. How has that not been made yet?!?!?!
Because it's utterly impossible

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I'd like to see a few more Clive Cussler adaptations with The cast intact from Sahara.

could all work.

I'd love to see William Diehls follow up to Primal Fear that also featured Martin vail (Gere could reprise) and Aaron Stampler ( again, Ed Norton ).

First of all, who's the sick f*ck who wants to adapt Gravity's Rainbow?

It's been done already, but they need to remake a multi-part FULL adaptation of Ito's Uzumaki. The final act would be literally the most spectacular set of images ever rendered on screen. I also think that the material lends itself well to cinema if taken verbatim and is not, as the existing film does, butchered and hammered into a more traditional narrative.

I agree. But the source material is genius. Speaking of, I've also got to suggest Gyo. That could be made in 2-2.5 hours if they wanted to. I'd be easier on a dramatic/visual level. I think Ito's style really lends itself to film in general. It'd be cool if they were in black and white too.

Oh... daydreaming again.

Because it's utterly impossible
Apparantly not. I just read that there is talks to finally get this project green-lighted.

I hope so. It would be fantastic if they do it right. Orson Scott Card was a genius with that novel.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Also last week Destiny got me thinking about older TV shows from our youth.

Roland Emmerich could have a lot of fun with " The Pheonix".