Movies YOU wished were being made

Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I want to see a big screen version of the cheesy 'save the planet' cartoon, Captain Planet, that I used to watch when I was a kid (before I graduated to X-Men). Yes, it was crap. But someone's got to jump on the superhero/comic book bandwagon and make this, right?

Chappie doesn't like the real world
American Tabloid by James Ellroy would also been good, because its a very good book and you would have the option of a trilogy if the first was successful.
In total agreement.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Yes, it was crap. But someone's got to jump on the superhero/comic book bandwagon and make this, right?
You know, I don't think they would make this even if they were desperate for new projects.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I'd love to see novels by Paolo Coehlo translated into film as well as other novels by Nicholas Sparks. I heard Veronika Decides to Die already has a film version.. I want to see that and The Alchemist. Oh, The Alchemist....

Welcome to the human race...
After reading the first volume of Preacher, I'd be very interested to see anyone try and adapt it to the big screen...

For me, The Sight, I love that book so much and would love to see it as a film.
Also the anime, Wolf's Rain, that would be awesome too...The Eragon movie wasn't nearly as good as the book, so no Eldest...

The Lord of the Rings

Bryan Singer for Superman.
Superman: Man Of Steel
Captain Planet
Vampire Academy
House of Night
City of _

I'd love to see a movie adaptation of Charles Bukowski's Ham on Rye.

Also the Ware cyberpunk series (Software, Wetware, Freeware and Realware) by Rudy Rucker.

Plus I second Iro's Escape From Earth suggestion. I'd love to see Snake in action one more time, and think the title would work well considering how Escape from LA ended.

A decent remake of the 80's robot slasher Chopping Mall would be cool too.

I'd love to see a movie adaptation of Charles Bukowski's Ham on Rye.
Yes! Or a Post Office adaptation.

I'd also like to see someone attempt to adapt Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow. I'm sure if they ever attempted to do it they'd completely mess it up, but who knows......

Happy New Year from Philly!
Jame's Joyces Ulysses- It has been made into a film before (1967), but should be remade with today's standards.The greatest english language novel of the 20th century is still totally relevant in today's world.

A few Kafka novels or short stories (The Metamorphosis, The Castle, Amerika, The Trial) would make great movies as well.
There is a Ulysses adaptation that was made relatively recently called Bloom.

http://www.ulysses.ie/home/default.asp

There are a couple of adaptations of The Trial: one with Anthony Perkins by Orson Welles filmed in the Sixties and another with Kyle Maclachlan by Harold Pinter filmed in the Nineties.

There is a German language film of The Castle by Michael Haneke circa 1997. You will find it under Das Schloss in the imdb.

An adaptation of Amerika is in development and if you are up for the experimental there are all kinds of Kafka related short films on Youtube.

All that being said.....

I always thought Toni Morrison's Song of Solomon would make a good tv mini-series. It has a lot of visual and filmic elements. The death of the mother as the red felt rose petals she makes to eke out a living rain down and the hunt the young city slicker goes on with the local yokels when he goes into the country to escape the cops are two of the episodes that made me want to see this as a film.

The belgariad-David Eddings

I want to see a Hubert Selby Jr. adaptation with Michael Pitt in it.

I also want to see a European arthouse film with Leonardo DiCaprio in it.

See the trailer here:

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I would love an American Dad movie and a Spaced Movie with the original cast would be awesome.