Palin Found Guilty In Abuse Of Power

Tools    





Well for now: I just want you all to know that I am passionate about what I think is good for America, and of course all of you guys are also. Fair debate means I can disagree and others can slam me for it. I do not have a problem with that, hell it is one reason I love the U.S. I really have much to say and in detail, I just cannot do justice to my beliefs right now because I get like 5 mins to post then I am off again (due to work). Anyway, please give me a day or two and I will defend myself and my conservative thoughts. Not that it will make any diff', I just hate coming in and posting short quips, but its all I got at the moment.
__________________
The gladdest moment in human life, methinks, is a departure into unknown lands. Sir Richard Burton



I am burdened with glorious purpose
This is one of those times where I wish I had kept my mouth shut.

First, maybe I exaggerated a bit. What I meant to say is that I've been on film forums before and this is the first one that had some outspoken conservatives on it. That is not a negative; I actually like it because it then becomes more of a discussion and less an echo chamber.

So, Destiny, if you wanted to criticize my statement, you did it. You also said something in the Shoutbox to me that made me feel uncomfortable there. So, yea, you are the one. You're doing it again here. I get the feeling anything I say will be criticized by you. I think you've made your point. I feel like there is now someone here at MovieForums that wants to pick a fight with me.

Second, about that thread, yea, I did say what I said because I was more concerned about the Time magazine article regarding the idea that Palin had asked a librarian to ban books. And somehow when I read the thread, I didn't get where all the hostility was coming from. I thought it was a valid topic and I thought it got lost in all the arguing.

To be honest, I do think Videodrome came in here to pick a fight instead of talk about the issue. At the same time, however, I guess I felt he had some valid points. But now I just feel uncomfortable being in the middle of this... and will bow out.



Originally Posted by tramp
This is one of those times where I wish I had kept my mouth shut.
Or been direct, and asked. Like now, I could care less if he is the owner of this board. That doesn't earn respect. Who he is as a person is what does.

I won't go over that situation anymore. I defended the guy. I did it because I didn't like some of the things said to him. Check the boards. I've defended others, as well. More times than some of them know. I can make a list, if need be.

It's hardly this thread, the topic being discussed, who owns what, some supposed hate for you that you now seem to be implying I have, or anything else . . .

Originally Posted by tramp
So, yea, you are the one. You're doing it again here. I get the feeling anything I say will be criticized by you. I think you've made your point. I feel like there is now someone here at MovieForums that wants to pick a fight with me.
This is a perfect example of you assuming, and making comments about people that you shouldn't make. Ask first . . . even though this should be more obvious. Anything you say? Are you aware that I am behind on a good 90 plus percent of your posts, if that's my goal. No thanks! I'm not that bored.

This is who I am. I have always been there, stood up for people when I could. I'm way too old to change that now. I wouldn't, anyway. I'm also not the only one to take up for Yoda in this thread, but you seem to only be upset when I do it. I don't appreciate you making me out to be some sort of bully. Everyone speaks their mind in here, and you shouldn't be setting this up to where I can't, as well. You made the comment. You didn't say who you meant. I called you on it. Suddenly I'm the bad person. I don't think so! Especially when what you said about me wasn't true. You couldn't have been more wrong.

Originally Posted by tramp
I get the feeling anything I say will be criticized by you.
Originally Posted by tramp
I feel like there is now someone here at MovieForums that wants to pick a fight with me.
Remarks like those. A mountain, maybe? Think about it. I have defended him one time. I have only done that one thing in these debate threads. ONE reply to you. You today, make that "someone" post about me, and now that I ask you about it, want to know if it is me, you think I am after you. Are you aware of how many pages long those threads are?

I had a few posts with The Chef. I must really hate him.

Originally Posted by tramp
To be honest, I do think Videodrome came in here to pick a fight instead of talk about the issue. At the same time, however, I guess I felt he had some valid points. But now I just feel uncomfortable being in the middle of this... and will bow out.
That is what he is doing here, and if anyone should bow out, it should be him. Last time I heard, he had some amazing message board waiting for him.

If you want to keep trying to make me sound like some bad/mean person, you go right ahead. Anyone here who truly knows me, knows better. I'm fine with that.



i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
And I do think a particular member here has reacted to me negatively because I have disagreed with Yoda who runs this site. That bothers me.
actually, i think it was because every time Yoda tries to open his mouth about anything political you jump down his throat like a damn piranha.
__________________
letterboxd