The American Horror Story: Coven Thread

Tools    

Who is watching it this year?

About to watch episode 4.

SPOILERS HEIRIN

I have been watching it. After both Murder House and Asylum being amazing imo, Coven has been so-so so far. It started off pretty well but i thought episode 2 and 3 were terrible, it picked up again in episode 4 which i really enjoyed. I won't start discussing the season yet, because you haven't seen episode 4 and i'll have to mention spoilers.

Just finished Ep 4. DEFINITELY the best one so far. Which gives me hope.

I'm really digging Bate's character, especially in this episode.

I was sad there was no Lily Rabe though

But Frances Conroy

I hope it stays on track after this episode, as I agree the first three weren't the greatest, though still enjoyable.

Just finished Ep 4. DEFINITELY the best one so far. Which gives me hope.

I'm really digging Bate's character, especially in this episode.

I was sad there was no Lily Rabe though

But Frances Conroy

I hope it stays on track after this episode, as I agree the first three weren't the greatest, though still enjoyable.
Yeah Conroy was great in the last episode , so was Lange as usual even though her character is kind of generic. That's my biggest problem with the series so far, i don't really like any of the characters. Even Bates character is kind of weak imo, but it does seem to slowly be improving.

I'm already bored with this creepy, Zoe - revived Kyle creepy incest story, hopefully that picks up. From the end of the last episode and the preview of the next, i think there's going to be some sort of Witch-Voodoo war. I think it's odd that Queenie is with the witches even though she's essentially a voodoo, also she's the only black witch as far i can tell while all of the Voodoo are black.

So who do you think is supposed to be the next supreme? Zoe? Or do you think Cordelia was lying and it really was meant to be Madison?

Yeah Conroy was great in the last episode , so was Lange as usual even though her character is kind of generic. That's my biggest problem with the series so far, i don't really like any of the characters. Even Bates character is kind of weak imo, but it does seem to slowly be improving.

I'm already bored with this creepy, Zoe - revived Kyle creepy incest story, hopefully that picks up. From the end of the last episode and the preview of the next, i think there's going to be some sort of Witch-Voodoo war. I think it's odd that Queenie is with the witches even though she's essentially a voodoo, also she's the only black witch as far i can tell while all of the Voodoo are black.

So who do you think is supposed to be the next supreme? Zoe? Or do you think Cordelia was lying and it really was meant to be Madison?
I think Queenie will end up on the other side.

I was thinking Zoe could become the next supreme with Kyle taking on the tongueless butler role. Then I thought... it could be Misty Day. Which would be awesome.

I kind of like the arc of Kathy Bates so far, she's really starting to wake up to the real world. And no matter what age Lange will always be sexy as hell, and I'm gay, but damn. Still I hope Misty is in the next one.

It would be awesome if the girl with down syndrome was the next supreme. I forgot her name atm.

and I think the incest is over, considering Kyle killed his mom. But they really need to start moving that subplot along. I need more Evan Peters.

Finished here. It's been fun.
I love AHS. Such an entertaining show. I'm about to watch last night's episode soon.

I think Queenie will end up on the other side.

I was thinking Zoe could become the next supreme with Kyle taking on the tongueless butler role. Then I thought... it could be Misty Day. Which would be awesome.

I kind of like the arc of Kathy Bates so far, she's really starting to wake up to the real world. And no matter what age Lange will always be sexy as hell, and I'm gay, but damn. Still I hope Misty is in the next one.

It would be awesome if the girl with down syndrome was the next supreme. I forgot her name atm.

and I think the incest is over, considering Kyle killed his mom. But they really need to start moving that subplot along. I need more Evan Peters.
Good call on Misty Day i'd say that's possible, she is a bit of a lunatic though. I was wondering if Cordelia had a chance, but who knows now considering what happened to her at the end of the episode. I'd prefer anyone to be it than Zoe, i don't like her character at all.

My problem with Bates character so far, is that they changed her character from the evil racist to soon. She's just wondering about as a scared maid now and it really bores me.

Good call on Misty Day i'd say that's possible, she is a bit of a lunatic though. I was wondering if Cordelia had a chance, but who knows now considering what happened to her at the end of the episode. I'd prefer anyone to be it than Zoe, i don't like her character at all.

My problem with Bates character so far, is that they changed her character from the evil racist to soon. She's just wondering about as a scared maid now and it really bores me.
I think Bates will be great in the next episode, as it seems some of the zombies were people she tortured/murdered. But it was a rather quick transition from angry/evil to compliant/understanding. Maybe it's all an act though so she wont go back into the box.

You never know with this show.

I hope Misty is back in the next episode. Lily Rabe has really owned every scene she's been in, plus I love the Fleetwood Mac. I can't stop listening to Sara now.

Just saw an intersting comment on an IGN episode about Coven, maybe it's nothing but it's an interesting theory anyway.

"I think the Supreme is Nan the hint was last episode when Fiona was talking about how she could get any man she desired when her power was in full throttle. Later on we saw Nan and Madison both try to attract the new neighbor and to Madison's surprise he fell for Nan. Anyone else wondering why Fiona can't read minds like Nan? I thought the Supreme had all the powers."

After i read the comments, i was wondering if it was actually Nan who lit the curtains on fire. I know Madison lit Fiona's cigarette on fire, but that seems pretty minor compared to lighting the curtains on fire. It's a theory with some wholes in it, but it is weird that he went for Nan rather than Madison.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
really loved the first two seasons, VERY intense storylines and a little suprised how lightly they're treading in Coven. Or perhaps they're simply warming up the kettles for some thing more disturbing as we move along.

Intriguing idea that it may be Nan. She is very much a still, dark water.

And yes, Jessica Lange just seems to get more sexier as she grows older!

Finished here. It's been fun.
I gotta say this season has been extremely dark so far. That's a good thing. It's off to a strong start in my eyes. Season 2 started off a little shaky I admit, but with this one it seems like it's already coming into it's own.This is one of those shows that can last forever. Next season I would like to see a dark,unflinching look at supernatural creatures like vampires and goblins or something along those lines.

I gotta say this season has been extremely dark so far. That's a good thing. It's off to a strong start in my eyes. Season 2 started off a little shaky I admit, but with this one it seems like it's already coming into it's own.This is one of those shows that can last forever. Next season I would like to see a dark,unflinching look at supernatural creatures like vampires and goblins or something along those lines.
I have the opposite view from you, i thought Asylum started off well then waned a bit in the middle before finishing strongly. I haven't really enjoyed Coven that much so far, the only episode so far i think has been solid was the last one and i thought the pilot was ok, episode 2 and 3 were terrible imo though.

I agree about next season, it will probably be about Vampires or Werewolves or both. If not i was thinking it may be a full blown Alien series, i know Asylum featured an Alien storyline but it was clearly minor.

I just found out yesterday that last month James Cromwell won an Emmy for playing the Nazi doctor on asylum, well deserved imo but i would've been fine with it going to Zachary Quinto as Bloodyface sr. That's the second acting emmy the shows won after Lange for Murder House, she could've won for Asylum as well because she's clearly been the highlight of the series so far.

Epic is a fad. Out of this world can be just being yourself.
I've watched all 3 seasons thus far. I like this season the most because the obvious is in the far. Even though you have an idea where it's going, they have done a great job so far with just laying out episode by episode and letting them be what they are.