Christoph Waltz

Tools    

I have heard about Waltz and i saw a few Trailers of his movies, but recently I watched Inglorious Basterds and I realize that Waltz did an amazing performance of a Nazi General. It was outstanding. He personified evil. It is that kind of acting that freezes your blood. Furthermore, his incredible management of four diferent languages was the icing on the cake. I want to know the opinions of the people in this website about the Waltz's performances, and a few movie recommendations, if i'm not asking too much. Thanks and excuse my English, if is wrong in any expresion of this post. I'm from Panama, but i'm trying to improve my English.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
I'd put my creme on his strudel.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
He is a great actor and he is superb in Django Unchained.

He's not bad but I feel that he is overrated.I liked him in IB,Django - not so much.

He's not bad but I feel that he is overrated.I liked him in IB,Django - not so much.
How is it possible to not like Dr. Schultz LOL?

I have literally never met a person who didn't like the character, or his performance there.

I haven't seen a lot of his work, but based on his performances in Basterds and Django Unchained, I'll be looking out for him in the future. He's in an upcoming Terry Gilliam film 'The Zero Theorem'. Can't wait to see that one.

I have literally never met a person who didn't like the character, or his performance there.
it's not that I disliked it but it was just a character.Nor good,nor bad.

How can you dislike King Schultz thats impossible. It's probably my favourite Tarantino character along with Shoshanna, Vic Vegas and Hans Landa !

I've only seen Inglourious Basterds and Django Unchained and he is already one of my favourite actor !

To put it plainly Waltz is simply one of the great actors to ever live.

Waltz just perfectly connects with Tarantino's writing and the characters he gets offered. He has an outstanding feeling for the subtle comedy in Tarantino's dialogue.

That connection is what created two of the most memorable characters/performances of this century so far. Hans Landa in Inglourious Basterds and Dr. King Schultz in Django Unchained.

There really has to go some credit to Tarantino, as his dialogue is only getting juicier and sharper with every film, which of course makes it a pleasure for an actor to play in his movies.

"My good man, did you simply get carried away with your dramatic gesture or are you pointing your weapon at me with lethal intention?"

I mean, Quentin really offers his actors the possibily to bring the best out of themselves with his great writing. He also brought the best out of DiCaprio in Django Unchained for instance, in my opinion.

Waltz just perfectly connects with Tarantino's writing and the characters he gets offered. He has an outstanding feeling for the subtle comedy in Tarantino's dialogue.

That connection is what created two of the most memorable characters/performances of this century so far. Hans Landa in Inglourious Basterds and Dr. King Schultz in Django Unchained.

There really has to go some credit to Tarantino, as his dialogue is only getting juicier and sharper with every film, which of course makes it a pleasure for an actor to play in his movies.

"My good man, did you simply get carried away with your dramatic gesture or are you pointing your weapon at me with lethal intention?"

I mean, Quentin really offers his actors the possibily to bring the best out of themselves with his great writing. He also brought the best out of DiCaprio in Django Unchained for instance, in my opinion.
Yeh, I haven't really seen him in anything non-Tarantino who deserves 50% of the credit for his two Oscar wins, at least for me. I'll be interested to see how he does in the new Terry Gilliam film he is doing

Finished here. It's been fun.
Only seen him in Basterds and Django . He is a great actor and I look forward to seeing more from him.

it's not that I disliked it but it was just a character.Nor good,nor bad.
I thought most people in films (excepts bio films) are characters? It still makes no sense to me.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Love him! His performance was one of my my favorite aspects of Django, and the best scene in the movie (IMO) was probably the hand shaking scene between him, and Dicaprio. I need to watch Basterds again, I haven't watched it since it came out on blu ray. We have it in the house, although I can't find it!

Oh, and he's working with Burton on his next film, too. And it's a biopic, so if history repeats itself, like with Ed Wood, it should be phenomenal. Well, hell, I've liked everything Burton has done, so it's kind of inevitable.