Movies with events that impact the whole world

Tools    

Can you guys recommend movies were the plot has a global impact, examples would be: Independence day, Armageddon, Contact, The day after tomorrow, the core, the sum of all fears, etc.

They don't have to be disaster movies just movies were you get a big perspective from the top, and post 1980 (unless its to good to pass up), and no post-apocalyptic (28 days later, i am legend).

thx guys!

Can you guys recommend movies were the plot has a global impact, examples would be: Independence day, Armageddon, Contact, The day after tomorrow, the core, the sum of all fears, etc.

They don't have to be disaster movies just movies were you get a big perspective from the top, and post 1980 (unless its to good to pass up), and no post-apocalyptic (28 days later, i am legend).

thx guys!

So no comedies?

Battle los angeles
Jaws (has a impact on people swimming haha)
Volcano
Dante's Peak
Contact
The Abyss
Twister
Sunshine
Cloverfield

The Terminator (1984)
The Birds (1963)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)

independence day
the happening
the day the earth stood still
knowing

In the Mouth of Madness.

World War III.

Enemy of the State.

Godzilla: Final Wars.

Quatermass Conclusion (aka Ringstone Round). In fact, any of the Quatermass films.

daynightdaynightday..

its not a comedy, is nothing like core or indepen day its not over the top. but it makes you think about the bigger picture, and how many different perspectives there are.

i hope this is along the lines of what you were thinking.

The day the Earth caught fire.

Colossus (aka The Forbin Project).

Minority Report.

Voyage to the bottom of the sea (film).

jaws.scarface.alien.the day the earth stood still..(1953)war of the worlds.the thing.the exorcist.