R.I.P Ryan Dunn

Tools    

source

Reality TV daredevil and Jackass star Ryan Dunn was killed in a car accident in the early hours of this morning.
The 34-year-old died in a one car collision near his home in West Goshen, Pennsylvania at around 2.30am following a night out with friends.
Upon arrival to the scene, police found a 2007 Porsche 911 GT3 'off the road and in the woods that was fully engulfed in flames.'
Dunn was the registered owner of the vehicle and its driver, according to police.

His body was so badly burnt that he had to be identified by his tattoos, according to NBC Philadelphia.
A male passenger was also pronounced dead at the scene 'a result of injuries sustained in the accident.'

Police are awaiting positive identification before releasing the passenger's identity.
An official report states that 'preliminary investigation revealed that speed may have been a contributing factor to the accident.'

Just hours before the accident, Dunn tweeted a picture of himself with two male friends, all of whom were holding what appeared to be alcoholic beverages

WARNING: "Ryan Dunn, upsetting" spoilers below
I feel awful. I'm horrified thinking about how charred that accident must have made him.

R.I.P.

As sad as this is, I'm not really surprised that someone from Jackass would die young.
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

I know this is a low bar to clear, but he seemed like one of the more mature guys in the Jackass cartel.
He really did. You wouldn't have expected him of all the Jackass guys (well, maybe, Johnny Knoxville, 'cause when does he ever really do the more dangerous stunts?) to die -- and because of a car crash, too. Not one of those insane stunts.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Uhhh.....Knoxville does some of the most dangerous stunts in the movies.

Back on topic. I was shocked. Not that one of the Jackass guys died, but that it was Dunn. He was my favourite of the group and will be missed.

The video of Bam at the crash site is hard to watch, they were best friends since they were kids.

Suspect's Reviews

Not another car, it was his passenger, riding with Dunn. His name was Zachary Hartwell.

This guy:

I see Westboro Baptist Church is now declaring that Ryan Dunn is in hell for some reason. God damn those people, now they're going to protest his funeral? What the hell for? I hope the Jackass boys do something to f**k them all up. They're also saying that Pennsylvania is one of the most evil states to ever exist, too.

I hope there's a Jackass 4 now. I thought the series seemed over with Jackass 3, but I hope I wasn't being prophetic. I want to see these guys continue now and honor Ryan Dunn and maybe even include some Westboro Baptist Church fighting in their next movie.

They don't even have to do it during Ryan Dunn's funeral, 'cause the stars deserve to pay their respect and grieve, but I sure would like to see the Jackass crew get some of their friends to go over and take out the Westboro Baptist Church people. Hell, there might even be fans doing it.

But they should definitely get revenge on them later -- at one of Westboro's other pickets.

Starting with "Gloria". They need to sick Gloria on them! At least as an appetizer.

Jackass 4: The Revenge!

Reminds me of this movie.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
This really sucks, in my opinion Ryan Dunn was the most mature out of all the jackass guys, and seem to be the one usually making the more sensible decisions. I use to be so addicted to CKY, I think that was before Jackass but i'm not positive.

Some of the phrases from early reports of the incident: "daredevil," "tweeted pictures of him and friend drinking," "partyed all night," "three beers and three shots," "Porsche," "one-car accident," "130 mph in 55 mph zone," "crashed through guardrail," "shot 40 feet through trees," "vehicle hit tree and burst into flames," "speed may have been contributing factor."

Sounds like he was a fatal accident looking for a place to happen.

Drinking, driving 130 mph and killing his passenger? What an idiot. Doesn't get more irresponsible or immature than that.

Thoughts and prayers to the families involved.

definitely sad. but at least he died doing something he loved. drinkin.

gotta love him though

definitely sad. but at least he died doing something he loved. drinkin.
I'm sure he had fun and died on a non-depressing day for him, but really, nobody should die from drinking. He was only 34. He could have lived to experience a whole lot more good times in life. He did not -- and it's because of alcohol.

Im sorry but i cant feel sad for someone who dies Drinking and driving.

Just glad the only deaths were in that car and no bystanders got hurt.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Drinking, driving 130 mph and killing his passenger? What an idiot. Doesn't get more irresponsible or immature than that.

Thoughts and prayers to the families involved.
+1

Zachary Hartwell RIP.

I heard the Ryan Dunn already had several drink drive convictions. I'm astonished that he kept his license.