It started so well...

Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
To continue (sort of) the theme of disappointing movie endings, how about films which are brilliant for about the first 3 minutes, then go rapidly downhill.

I'm thinking of things like Van Helsing (the brilliant monster movie pastiche of the opening giving way to a make-it-up-as-you-go-along plot with dodgy cgi), or Hellboy.

fbi
bruce willis "hostage".

this started off good in the first hour then turned out rubbish. will explain later. have to go out now.......

A system of cells interlinked
I liked Hellboy a whole lot.

DePalma's Dressed to Kill comes to mind when i think of films that fall apart in the last act...

I have to return some videotapes.
For some reason Dreamcatcher (2003) comes to mind...

Good thread, man

I have to disagree with DePalma's Dressed To Kill. I liked all of it and thought was a very good psychological thriller. The ending only added to the ambigious flavour of the film.

Um, the only film that comes to mind right now is 28 Weeks Later. If the film was only 8 mins of it's beginning, then it would be considered the best short film ever! Sort of reminded me of the first sequence of the Resident Evil 4 opening with the farm house and stuff. Intense and violent. That's one hell of an introduction...shame about the rest of the film, eh?

A system of cells interlinked
Resi 4 was mad fun. Loved it. Dressed to Kill just falls apart for me. I like DePalma's Blow Out a whole helluva lot more...

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I liked Hellboy a whole lot.
I didn't think Hellboy was a bad film, but it just never lived up to the promise of the opening. It seemed to me that it tried to do too much and lost its way.

I don't know about the first 3 mins It's a 3+ hour movie but for me the end of Return of the King was a big let down. I had hoped the Hobbits would return home and get to finish the movie the way the book ended. Oh well whatta ya gonna do?

I'd have to agree with DVDPlayerCRC, Dreamcatcher is one that started good, then turned to crap. To tell you the truth a lot of Stephen King movies do this, which is very disappointing when he has helped produce some awesome movies. But this is the risk he takes when turning books into movies.

All Souls Day and any other movie that comes on Sci-fi

The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Movie Forums Critic
Kangaroo Jack,

At first it was interesting, it is like a domino effect, when they came to Australia it started to get boring...

The 1st 1/3 part of the film was well done, but the story didn't build up well for the later part. The script/story was became a bit cheesy and looked too cliche.

War of the Worlds (2005) is a bad movie on its own, but the ending makes it even worse.

I can't think of good movies with crappy endings now, maybe the mummy shouting at the end of The Tenant was a bit bad tasty, but the movie remains a classic.

The movie "Killing Me Softly" by Nicole Kidman...I like the first minute of the movie I find it very interesting and it made me think what will happened but eventually it's getting boring at the last part that made me lost interest of it...

Doppleganger... nevermind it didn't even start out well...

The movie that immediately popped into my mind when I saw this thread was Boogeyman. I went to see it with very low expectations, and was pleasantly surprised when it turned out to be a pretty creepy little horror flick. Granted it was nothing great, but I thought there was some pretty good stuff there.

Then came the third act....
Never has the term "train wreck" seemed more apt.