What scenes give you the "Chillbumps"?

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by X Randeath X
There's a scene in Mullholland Drive in which an old couple on an airplane turns to the camera and smiles. I almost **** my pants.
That scene is crazy, and very chilling. That knowing look on their faces and the way the shot is lit. Yeah, I love me some MD. In fact, I may as well watch it when i get home, it's been over a week!

I also love the Camilla/Diane walk through the secret path to the dinner party. Amazing music, crazy tension, beautiful camerawork... Chillbumbs!

(I always thought they were called goosebumps)

Oh man! I saw American History X twice in the theatre and during each showing, the audience was SO quiet. Even when the movie was over and people were leaving...it was like they were leaving a funeral or something. It was too weird.

I hate in The Sixth Sense when the woman walks down the hall behind the kid. That just creeps me out

Libby

Hey, I'm new and there are alot of scenes that give me these "chillbumps," but one that gave me them recently was a scene from the Village. I know people seem to dislike that movie, but the scene where Bryce Dallas Howard(the blind girl) is waiting on her porch with her hands out, and the "creatures" are getting closer, and Joaquin Phoniex comes and takes her hand, and leads her inside. The violin music in that scene along with the way it is laid out, for some reason, just get me every time and i get the chillbumps. I liked the movie in general also.

I agree with that scene in Crash. Also that Return of the King one. I always get chills when I hear Reagens voice in The Exorcist its so creepy I love it!

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Jellyrolls
Everytime I see the scene from Crash where
WARNING: "Crash" spoilers below
the little girl runs to her dad right before the iraq man shoots, and noone gets injured or killed.

That was one of the best scenes of any movie I have ever seen, and I don't really know why.
I just watched this and I certainly agree. That's an incredibly powerful scene.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Angels in America - the appearance of the angel

Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
the "bite the curb" scene in American History X. thats all i could think of for now
That's the one I thought of too, it gives me chills everytime I think of it.

Profondo Rosso:
WARNING: spoilers below

Daria Nicolodi is in the mirror!

definately, several scenes during Crash...that movie had some extremely intense situations

We're no longer called Sonic Death Monkey. We're on the verge of becoming Kathleen Turner Overdrive, but just for tonight, we are Barry Jive and his Uptown Five. -Jack Black (High Fidelity)

stranger then a drunken mime
i'd have to say when the guy in Amityville horror is washing his face and he looks in the mirror and see's the dead dude.. that was kinda whacko

Finished here. It's been fun.
Blade Runner-Roy Batty's speech
American Beauty-the ending
Jurassic Park-the first time you see a Dinosaur
The Godfather-Baptism scene
2001:space odyssey-the birth of the starchild

The creepy girl comes out the t.v. in the ring, and the cavalry scenes in lord of the rings the two towers. That movie is stocked full chill scenes.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
The scene in Spike Lee's Summer of Sam where the dog is barking, and the suddenly, he starts talking "I want you to kill..." I was so freaked out by that one part out of the entire movie. Scary stuff.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

"Do you know what 'Nemesis' means?"
In Polanski's 'The Pianist', the scene with the chap in the wheelchair; shocking - didn't see that one coming
Similarly, in 'Schindlers List', the girl in the red coat - simple idea bringing down the broad strokes of the film to a single individual.

I had them more as child

Pennywise the clown standing behing a clothes line, one moment hes smiling, then a towell or something obscures his face for a moment and he has the most hideous look on his face, that used to give me the willies.