Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

A FALL FROM GRACE
(2020)

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

The Searchers (1956)

I cannot believe this because I watched this movie about 5 years ago and I gave it
. I remember saying that I didn't even like it that much but I wanted to give it credit for what it did well. I've been saying ever since that I didn't care for it, but I didn't even remember it that correctly. I would say that the comedy and musical interludes took me out of the movie, but these are actually brief, sporadic, and in fact they add to the greatness of the movie. The very first thing that's noticeable is how the movie looks, and I wouldn't hesitate to say that this is one of the best looking movies I've ever seen. The score is brilliant. There are several excellent characters and performances led by John Wayne as Ethan. For the most part Ethan is an ahole, but it's a great character and Wayne is fantastic. The Searchers is dramatic, thrilling, and even horrific, and when he picks her up and says that thing to her, I just died right there, tears instantly streaming down my face. This is top 10 material for me I loved it that much. I may not have ever even tried it again if it weren't for the upcoming westerns countdown. Even with that, I wasn't planning on trying it again until CR talked about it in his thread.
Definitely a film that gets richer upon each viewing. I think I thought it was great when I first saw it, but remember enjoying it much much more on subsequent viewings. I think when I was younger I was eager to watch as much as I could and didn't always appreciate everything fully, which is understandable. It's a beautiful film, my favourite colour Ford and your comments make me want to watch it again as soon as possible

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Louis C.K. Sincerely - 7/10
This was better on TV than seeing him live a few months ago, when the entire place was filled with loud drunks. My last public event for sure after having the same experience when I saw the great band America.

Last few films watched:

Snooze factor = Zzz

Snooze factor = Z

Snooze factor = Zzzz

Snooze factor = Zz

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

'Never Rarely Sometimes Always' (2020)

Director: Eliza Hittman

Sidney Flanigan is absolutely brilliant in this playing a troubled teen with a secret to keep. It's hyper-real at times. We can feel her pain. Some utterly heartbreaking scenes including one single take piece of quality cinema.

It's downbeat, sombre, melancholic and moody. And those are it's best qualities. The viewer is reminded of British cinema in the vein of Andrea Arnold and perhaps Cristian Mungiu's '4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days'. It's not over scripted, and it has a lovely washed out colour palette to ram home the "realness".

Anybody who likes troubled teens movies or ultra real stuff may want to take a look. It's one of the finest movies I've seen this year so far. Hittman has created a gem.

8.2/10

Necropolis (1986) - 1.5/10. Of all the garbage I have seen during the lockdown, this has to be the worst. Can't even call it a B grade movie. C grade is more like it. Bad acting. Mindless plot. Probably heavily edited, the one I saw. And the crappy dancing in front of the devil. Yikes.

You can't fight in here.This is the War room!
Burn 6/10

Happy Death Day 6/10

I Am Durán 8/10

Meeting Gorbachev 7/10

They Shall Not Grow Old 8/10

The Hunt 7/10

Ready or Not 6/10

Case 39 6/10

⬆️ I should revisit this movie. Huge fan of Nicholson.

Snooze factor = Z

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

Account terminated on request
(Picture of "Five Easy Pieces")
Such an iconic scene!!!!!!!!
They'll say "I don't care if he's a poet or cowboy, so long as he's a nice guy. But oh, I'm so attracted to that bad guy over there."
Understand this last part, and you'll get them all.

Self Made (2020)

Considering this a movie since it's only a 4-part series on Netflix. A respectable story telling of Madame CJ Walker, though it did focus more on things outside of her business dealings than I would have liked. Octavia Spencer nails it, but Tiffany Haddish might be the miscast of the decade as Madame Walker's daughter.

if you like epic war hardcore movie I heard about come and see or in french requiem pour un massacre and apparently it is something unique
You haven't seen it though? You should watch it right away! In my opinion the three greatest war movies I've seen are Come and See, Stalingrad, and The Cranes Are Flying.