Frank Kelly - R.I.P.

Tools    

Lost to the world today, aged 77, the actor was probably best known for his portrayal of foul-mouthed Father Jack on Craggy Island in comedy series Father Ted. His sad demise comes exactly 18 years to the day after that of the the late Dermot Morgan who played that same show's titular character.

He had a long career in all mediums, ranging from children's television through social satire, and was not only a writer as well as an actor but also had some success with releasing comedy on audio.

You will be sadly missed: Rest In Peace Frank!

Sad news, and what a strange thing to have happened on the day of Dermot Morgan's death. Father Ted's evergreen I think – I'll enjoy watching it forever.

What a great character Father Jack is, I love that programme
RIP Frank, thanks for Jack
I resisted Father Ted for years because I judged it by the visuals – I think it put me off because it seemed to be like the comedy Absolutely. Ridiculous when I was a massive fan of Paris and Big Train, by the same writers! Then one year I saw the Christmas special and was hooked.

HE COULD'VE BEEN POPE!

I am absolutely devastated by this news. I didn't know any of Kelly's work outside of playing Father Jack, but what a wonderfully disgusting, hilarious, over the top priest charatever & tv character to have left us with. Father Ted week in our house I think

HE COULD'VE BEEN POPE!
But the fecking Jesuits have it all tied up.

I am absolutely devastated by this news. I didn't know any of Kelly's work outside of playing Father Jack, but what a wonderfully disgusting, hilarious, over the top priest charatever & tv character to have left us with. Father Ted week in our house I think
It's probably too soon, he'll be up and about once the toilet duck wears off.