Which social media do you use? Why?

Tools    

Duplicate Account (locked)
I use here and the eBay discussion boards.

Reason: I've been a member of eBay for 20 years and got used to the community there.
And then people from those eBay boards turned me onto this site!

Why I like both is I'm anonymous either way. While there is some danger using my Buyer / Seller ID on eBay instead of a posting I.D., I haven't had much trouble lately. I like the anonymity as opposed to sites like Facebook. I don't need anger from people I went to high school with over my current opinions (no less invites to reunions, being unfriended by former friends, having my activities stalked by distant relatives, or getting requests for drives to the airport or other favors from people who knew me when).

I do look at a local site, but have yet to post there.
Some of the stuff is pretty informative for local current events (lost pets) & such.

that's interesting that you use ebay discussion boards, i'll send you a link to my store and questions about the discussion boards if you don't mind.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I use here and the eBay discussion boards.

Reason: I've been a member of eBay for 20 years and got used to the community there.
And then people from those eBay boards turned me onto this site!

Why I like both is I'm anonymous either way. While there is some danger using my Buyer / Seller ID on eBay instead of a posting I.D., I haven't had much trouble lately. I like the anonymity as opposed to sites like Facebook. I don't need anger from people I went to high school with over my current opinions (no less invites to reunions, being unfriended by former friends, having my activities stalked by distant relatives, or getting requests for drives to the airport or other favors from people who knew me when).

I do look at a local site, but have yet to post there.
Some of the stuff is pretty informative for local current events (lost pets) & such.

Aside from a few necessary posts on the seller boards, I stopped posting on the eBay boards when I started posting here. I never used my selling ID on the eBay boards because the trolls there are dangerous to sellers' accounts. They like to mess with the sellers' sales and/or reputation.

I am very disappointed in the social media nowadays. There is really nothing meaningful in them! I used to use Instagram, Facebook and Tiktok and now I want to delete them all.

I am very disappointed in the social media nowadays. There is really nothing meaningful in them! I used to use Instagram, Facebook and Tiktok and now I want to delete them all.
social media is full of drama now and they should banned tiktok also cause to many people get injured and dies from using tiktok

social media is full of drama now and they should banned tiktok also cause to many people get injured and dies from using tiktok

i think social media is full of drama now because the pandemic, with its myriad fears and unreasonably human expectations, has pressured more and more people to use the internet. The pandemic may be dying down...slowly...but i don't see the internet drama ever going away.

i think social media is full of drama now because the pandemic, with its myriad fears and unreasonably human expectations, has pressured more and more people to use the internet. The pandemic may be dying down...slowly...but i don't see the internet drama ever going away.
yes that aswell but uselly more cyber bullying and tabloids and everything

yes that aswell but uselly more cyber bullying and tabloids and everything

much of the internet can be thought of as a tabloid...but people tend to confuse tabloids less with reality because the fakeness is inherent in the word "tabloid"

much of the internet can be thought of as a tabloid...but people tend to confuse tabloids less with reality because the fakeness is inherent in the word "tabloid"
internet is full of lies the news and people trolling and cyberbullying and bullying etc thats why its full of drama. that y elizabeth olsen deleted her social media cause everyone were bullying her especially other celebrity's deleted their social medias cause of drama on social medias

internet is full of lies the news and people trolling and cyberbullying and bullying etc thats why its full of drama. that y elizabeth olsen deleted her social media cause everyone were bullying her especially other celebrity's deleted their social medias cause of drama on social medias

i used to sort of have a less compassionate approach to celebrities, "fu*k em', if this is so bad they should avoid the limelight" however, you can't really have that perspective anymore when you realize that platforms like Twitter make it easy for a bunch cowards to gang up on anyone. I used to try to play the role of defending people against cyber-bullies on political sites but it doesn't work and if you spend enough time around cyber bullies you definitely will become one.

i used to sort of have a less compassionate approach to celebrities, "fu*k em', if this is so bad they should avoid the limelight" however, you can't really have that perspective anymore when you realize that platforms like Twitter make it easy for a bunch cowards to gang up on anyone. I used to try to play the role of defending people against cyber-bullies on political sites but it doesn't work and if you spend enough time around cyber bullies you definitely will become one.

no way i would never bullied anyone at all i would never cyberbully i use to get bullied alot when i was young i know how it feels getting bullied. i would never hangout with bullies

no way i would never bullied anyone at all i would never cyberbully i use to get bullied alot when i was young i know how it feels getting bullied. i would never hangout with bullies

so did I but sometimes I unfortunately took out my sadness by bullying other people, yet that doesn't really describe my whole personality very well, I would also try to stick up for people at times even though i don't think that makes me special or anything, i'm just a human and people bully when they are frustrated, bored, and/or miserable. Frequently it's also a thing of "cut someone down to prop yourself up" A very self-defeating and humiliating logic...but sadly the folks who do it online regularly come from all different age groups and are less likely to see the problem with it.

so did I but sometimes I unfortunately took out my sadness by bullying other people, yet that doesn't really describe my whole personality very well, I would also try to stick up for people at times even though i don't think that makes me special or anything, i'm just a human and people bully when they are frustrated, bored, and/or miserable. Frequently it's also a thing of "cut someone down to prop yourself up" A very self-defeating and humiliating logic...but sadly the folks who do it online regularly come from all different age groups and are less likely to see the problem with it.
yea true but uselly young people the most always get bullied alot and to bully people also just for fun cause they think its funny to bully someone when its not funny. i uselly block them and delete them. in person i walk away and not to go near them.

i'm just a human and people bully when they are frustrated, bored, and/or miserable. Frequently it's also a thing of "cut someone down to prop yourself up"
Speak for yourself, but, if I happen to feel miserable I don’t go online looking for some poor unfortunate to bully. What I do is I leave my house for a 2 hour walk. Works for me.

Speak for yourself, but, if I happen to feel miserable I don’t go online looking for some poor unfortunate to bully. What I do is I leave my house for a 2 hour walk. Works for me.

Wow, really? So I'm not allowed to try understand what other people do? Maybe I just have a broader definition of what bullying is..."poor unfortunate", things aren't quite that simple.

...people bully when they are frustrated, bored, and/or miserable. Frequently it's also a thing of "cut someone down to prop yourself up"...
That's basically true of internet bullying.

I've found from my 25 years on the internet that people who bully are insecure and generally hate themselves. I've never bullied anyone because I'm not insecure and I like myself and I like to make friends...but not everyone wants to be friendly on the internet.

Luckily MoFo is a safe haven and has good moderation, which is why this is the only place I post at these days.

That's basically true of internet bullying.

I've found from my 25 years on the internet that people who bully are insecure and generally hate themselves. I've never bullied anyone because I'm not insecure and I like myself and I like to make friends...but not everyone wants to be friendly on the internet.

Luckily MoFo is a safe haven and has good moderation, which is why this is the only place I post at these days.

Yeah, it's the bullies who are the poor unfortunates basically, but then again people are complicated, so some folks might be nice in real life but bully people on the internet because they can.

Yeah i was thinking about that, even though i've seen a lot of things here that indicated people being upset, this forum does seem to balance the different modes of communication really well. This is not something you see on FB or twitter if you're exposed to enough of the content, because it's all based on a creepy reporting system that has impersonal guidelines for behavior...

Yeah, it's the bullies who are the poor unfortunates basically, but then again people are complicated, so some folks might be nice in real life but bully people on the internet because they can.
I can see truth there. I knew of someone on another board who was close to being a psycho stalker. Mostly this person could be funny and interact with others, but if they took a dislike to someone they would try to get their personal information (home address) and then send them little things in the postal mail. Creepy!...and this was a married woman with kids. I bet anything in her home life she had no power and was bullied herself, so that the only place she could be 'in charge of the situation' was by harassing her so called friends on the internet.

I can see truth there. I knew of someone on another board who was close to being a psycho stalker. Mostly this person could be funny and interact with others, but if they took a dislike to someone they would try to get their personal information (home address) and then send them little things in the postal mail. Creepy!...and this was a married woman with kids. I bet anything in her home life she had no power and was bullied herself, so that the only place she could be 'in charge of the situation' was by harassing her so called friends on the internet.

Yeah well, I didn't mean that we should feel sorry for them, but I do think its important not to judge too much and have compassion for people who treat others like dirt.

Yeah well, I didn't mean that we should feel sorry for them, but I do think its important not to judge too much and have compassion for people who treat others like dirt.
Oh, I think you might have misunderstood the intention of my post. I was mostly agreeing with you... and also using the opportunity to tell of a horror story from the past that I know of But I wasn't trying to take you to task or counter your thoughts or anything like that. I was just making conversation, we've talked before and I like talking to you as you're interesting.