MoFo Fantasy Football 2022 - The Season

Tools    

The trick is not minding
I'm in a nightmare scenario where I have two Cardinal receivers, one of which is finally coming back from injury, and it's impossible to say which cuts into whose workload, and the option I'd prefer to both of them is a game time decision tonight. Bleh.
Apparently the correct answer is….neither.

Yeah, Cards just can't get anything going.

Scores down across the league, actually, so some of it seems worse than it is. 105-110 might be good for above-average this week.

The trick is not minding
Yeah, Cards just can't get anything going.

Scores down across the league, actually, so some of it seems worse than it is. 105-110 might be good for above-average this week.
And then Brown snags a TD for me. 😎

25 % of the season done and the only thing consistent is Yahoo! grading my team an F every week.

This makes 3 weeks in a row my bench outscored my starters. "If every instinct you have is wrong, then doing the opposite would have to be right." James Robinson 19 pts, 14 pts, 19 pts, I start him - 2.9. Matt Ryan, free agent flier because I don't trust Tua against Balt. (he goes off for 50) gets me 1.9 pts. Matt Ryan when I don't start him: 17, 19, 21.

I so wish you could take negative points and cut guys while they're playing like Ryan was for me. Give me the -10, -15 whatever, I want him gone now!

All that said, it's hard to hate a team that would be pretty consistently scoring around 115-120 if the right moves were made. Dameon Pierce seems to be coming around (39 pts last 2 weeks), Olave might be a solid rookie (33 pts last 2), Dobbins coming back is not a bad thing and getting Rodgers may at least provide some consistency from what was my weakest position. I'll take 20 per week but his numbers should get better as the season goes on. Just have to start doing the opposite with the rest of the roster which is easier said than done.

The trick is not minding
My team started slow the first two weeks. Brady, Brown, and Ekeler in particular weren’t performing up to expectations. A lot of that had to do with various issues, such as Brady facing 3 really good D’s while having most of his receivers either injured or suspended. I knew I had to be patient, while also selecting who I could from the waiver wire.

I’m a little concerned over my RB depth, again, but I think I have a team that should compete for a spot in the playoffs this year. Probably looking at a 8-6 record.

The trick is not minding
Injuries also played a role in my match against Spaulding. No Thomas, Renfrow Or Montgomery and I’m sure he’d rather have them on his roster playing against me.

The trick is not minding
Javonte apparently out for the year. Man is that a rough one.
Normally I’d say Gordon would be a nice boost for Tongo, but the dude has seriously ball security issues. He’s literally good for a fumble in ever other game.

Patterson just went on the IR today, and with Taylor owners holding their breath for this Thursday, along with the recent RB injuries (Swift, Montgomery, Kamara were all out this past weekend) everyone is scrambling for the backups.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Javonte apparently out for the year. Man is that a rough one.
I'm sure you'll find a trade partner. If I had any RBs myself I would but can't help you there.

The odds were against it, but I managed to unseat Yoda's previously unbeaten squad, led by my rumbling Running Backs.

It started with TNF. Pre-snap projections had me at an only 35% chance of winning. I had to rely on Miami's Chase Edmonds, who finally had a good game in Week 3 scoring his first two TDs of the year. Against Cincy he ran for another and dropped a second in the back of the end zone. I could have really used that, Butterfingers. He finished almost right on his projection with 9.00. Not great...but Jaylen Waddle for Yoda's side had two catches and finished eight points shy of his projection. Meaning I had gained a little ground, projection-wise.

Derek Henry looks really good again, and though he "only" had one TD again he also had 147 combined yards for back-to-back weeks of reaching twenty-two Fantasy points. Looking even better than King Henry this Sunday was Seattle's Rashaad Penny who exploded for 157 combined yards and a pair of TDs in the shootout with The Lions. He hadn't scored as many as eight points in a week thus far before he gave me a glorious 28.20!

A week after I benched Justin Herbert in fear of his health he looked like his regular self in Houston, besting his projection by a hair at 25.10 points. Darren Waller continues to baffle me, again barely involved in Las Vegas' plans even in a week when they scored 32 points (Waller got only 3.90 on three short passes). For the first time this year Christian Kirk was not spectacular, with only two catches. Luckily one of them was a bomb and at least got him to 7.30.

Going into MNF I had amassed a 38.74 point lead and spotted at 88% of winning. BUT...we each had two slots left. And one of his was Cooper Kupp! Yoda had Kupp and Cam Akers, I had Deebo Samuel and The Rams' DEF.

Kupp had a dizzying NINETEEN targets! And he caught fourteen of them! But for 122 scoreless yards (19.20), which for Cooper Kupp constitutes a quiet-ish night. My Deebo had six receptions for 115, one of them a highlight reel 57-yard TD, which was good for 20.70. My Rams DEF only got 1.00 in the drubbing by Frisco, but Akers was not much better with only 1.30 on thirteen little yards rushing and zero catches.

I won by forty points. Holy crudsucker! From 0-2 to 2-2. Break up The LOVE Brokers!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The word for the day is "deflation". I honestly could have swore Adams last player had played sunday and I had won. Then this morning see he etched me out by a couple points. I almost messaged Yoda thinking it was a Yahoo glitch. So im 0-4. Whats the opposite of undefeated? Unwinnable? Sunday with TONGO is an occasion worth looking forward to, for you lol!

The word for the day is "deflation". I honestly could have swore Adam's last player had played Sunday and I had won. Then this morning see he etched me out by a couple points. I almost messaged Yoda thinking it was a Yahoo glitch.
Yeah, losing to an opponent's DEF scoring 21 Fantasy Points on MNF is a tough way to go.

Ive actually had more points scored upon me more than any team in the league. This is just Karma, best not to fight it or else get twisted I learned this the hard way, and it took a long time.

Yeah, when someone starts 0-4 they either have an absolutely horrendous team or a fairly bad one with bad timing. You actually have two more points than Wylde, who's 2-2. The schedule-based variance of fantasy football is easily the dumbest thing about it.

I am 100% on board for formats where the top six scoring teams get a win each week, but I doubt I could convince even a majority of people.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Yeah, when someone starts 0-4 they either have an absolutely horrendous team or a fairly bad one with bad timing. You actually have two more points than Wylde, who's 2-2. The schedule-based variance of fantasy football is easily the dumbest thing about it.

I am 100% on board for formats where the top six scoring teams get a win each week, but I doubt I could convince even a majority of people.
I've always wanted to do a Top x amount of teams win the week. I've never partaken in that.

First place for me, damn. Still gonna have to eventually figure out this RB situation though. Maybe Allgeier will be the ticket.

Not a fan of that idea. Bad beats are a part of sports and the best team doesn't always win. Why should this be any different?

Not a fan of that idea. Bad beats are a part of sports and the best team doesn't always win. Why should this be any different?
For three reasons, I think:

1) Fantasy football matchups have no interplay between teams at all, unlike real games. Your performance does not affect your opponent's in any way, so it's completely random.

2) "Best team doesn't always win" is not the same as "team that plays better that week doesn't win."

3) Teams playing worse and winning anyway is a part of sports because we can't stop it from being a part of sports, not because it's good.

For three reasons, I think:

1) Fantasy football matchups have no interplay between teams at all, unlike real games. Your performance does not affect your opponent's in any way, so it's completely random.

2) "Best team doesn't always win" is not the same as "team that plays better that week doesn't win."

3) Teams playing worse and winning anyway is a part of sports because we can't stop it from being a part of sports, not because it's good.
For Fantasy Baseball I believe the non-random way of doing things, Roto, is the proper way. Especially when the head to head format in baseball is broken. I was able to stream players streaking to beat a much more deserving squad in the 2011 Championship. For Football though, its really not a good fit. The term "Any Given Sunday" is romantic and appealing and Id hate to lose that aspect in Fantasy Football. Same reasoning goes to having Kickers and Defense in FFB, there is a place for them. Its illogical and seems broken, but Scott Norwoods missed kick lost the Bills their first Super Bowl vs the Giants, and the Ravens won a Super Bowl with only a defense (Trent Dilfer was their QB). The randomness is part of the appeal in the sport, its more exciting, unlike baseball. Did that make sense?