If a movie or season of a tv show isn't on dvd....

Tools    

If a movie or season of a tv show isn't on dvd...

...is there anything that you(we) as fans of the movie/show can do?

If a movie or season of a tv show isn't on dvd...

...is there anything that you(we) as fans of the movie/show can do?
Stream it, legally. I'm currently watching The Love Boat and only the first 4 seasons are on DVD after that I have to sign up with Paramount to stream all 10 seasons.

Stream it, legally. I'm currently watching The Love Boat and only the first 4 seasons are on DVD after that I have to sign up with Paramount to stream all 10 seasons.
Err, I think I was misunderstood LOL. Is there anything we can do to that'll help get that movie/show on dvd?

I think I might delete this post and make it again so people can understand...XD

I think you're fine now that you've clarified.

It seems really unclear how to make this kind of thing happen. Sometimes fans write letters or mail things (usually some small object emblematic of the show) to studios, but increasingly it seems like it's just market research (including things like social media buzz/chatter) that causes some other network or streaming service to get it a go.

...Is there anything we can do to that'll help get that movie/show on dvd?
I don't think so.

With the popularity of streaming services there's not much incentive for the companies that own the rights to the TV shows to go to all that expensive to put them on DVDs. Using myself as an example, I don't normally stream but I want to see seasons 5-10 of the old The Love Boat TV show and the only way I can do that is to pay for a subscription to Paramount streaming, so that's what I'm doing. Paramount owns the rights and originally had been releasing each season on DVD but the last DVD Season 4 set 2 was released was back in 2018.

The truth is in here
What's bizarre about The Love Boat (and My Three Sons as well) is that they pick up the pace again momentarily and release seasons fans have waited for in ages, but then they suddenly just stop once again.

And on this subject in general, I don't think I need to clarify my sadness over season 7-11 of Happy Days being unavailable on DVD any further

... I don't think I need to clarify my sadness over season 7-11 of Happy Days being unavailable on DVD any further
I found that out when I was watching Happy Days, I finally found seasons 7-11 on the internet and not too good of quality either. It's a pity because Happy Days was a very popular show in it's day. I just now checked and Happy Days season 1-11 are streaming at Paramount.

You get the VHS, Laserdisc, or download it
Do people still do VHS?

I have an old VCR but I haven't used it and have been thinking about selling it.
Would people actually buy it?

Would people actually buy it?
I don't know for sure but it seems there is a small core of people who want VCRs to watch out of print VHS tapes and it's hard to find nice working vintage VCRS, so I might give it a shot someday. Right now it's just gathering dust.

I don't think so.

With the popularity of streaming services there's not much incentive for the companies that own the rights to the TV shows to go to all that expensive to put them on DVDs. Using myself as an example, I don't normally stream but I want to see seasons 5-10 of the old The Love Boat TV show and the only way I can do that is to pay for a subscription to Paramount streaming, so that's what I'm doing. Paramount owns the rights and originally had been releasing each season on DVD but the last DVD Season 4 set 2 was released was back in 2018.
Its especially sad when its a TV show and earlier seasons are on dvd but later seasons arent