MoFo Fantasy Football 2022 - Sign-Ups

Tools    

Handful of you should have received PMs about your draft slot choice. If you haven't yet you will soonish, but feel free to PM me your choices in advance, since that makes things quicker. But only if you're gonna put down at least five or six, otherwise I'll just bug you when you're up.

My first mock

1. Jonathan Taylor (Ind - RB)
2. Javonte Williams (Den - RB)
3. Mark Andrews (Bal - TE)
4. Brandin Cooks (Hou - WR)
5. JuJu Smith-Schuster (KC - WR)
6. Russell Wilson (Den - QB)
7. Rhamondre Stevenson (NE - RB)
8. Evan McPherson (Cin - K)
9. Los Angeles (LAC - DEF)
10. Chase Claypool (Pit - WR)
11. Nyheim Hines (Ind - RB)
12. Kenny Golladay (NYG - WR)
13. Tyler Higbee (LAR - TE)
14. Deshaun Watson (Cle - QB) definitely will be deleting this player from draft choices
15. Philadelphia (Phi - DEF)

As you can tell by my mock I'm #1. The last time I drew #1 the draft order got screwed up by Yahoo right before the draft. I so hope that does not happen again. Please.

Half the league has chosen their slots.

Everyone else who's received a PM without giving me your choice(s), please do so quickly! I wanna give everyone a day or two, tops, to keep things moving, and I've been asking people with some notice to make sure we don't get bottlenecked.

@Yoda, can you explain the rule change notification? Something about postponed games and injuries?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

@Yoda, can you explain the rule change notification? Something about postponed games and injuries?
I believe it has to do with COVID postponements. You guys probably remember how, over the last couple of years, games would be suddenly postponed and the people who had players in those games would just get kinda randomly screwed. If I'm reading this rule option right, that should allow for those players to be temporarily put on the IL so people can still at least field some kinda team should that happen.

I'm certainly open to discussion on this, FWIW. I'm surprised it wasn't the default setting, though.

But does it create extra IL spots? If say you already have two players on IL, the fact that three more have been designated IL for a few days because a game is postponed doesn't really help you if you have to drop players anyway to pick up replacements and field a team that week.

I don't think it creates extra IL spots, no, so if you're both maxed on IL slots and not willing to drop anyone in that event, then it would make no difference.

To that point, I'm open to increasing IL spots from two to three. Anyone object?

A system of cells interlinked
I'd like to have 12 IL slots so I can put all the bums on my team where they belong.

I'll take as many IL slots as I can get. I really think we need more in the 4 to 6 range.

Everyone's chosen! If by some chance I've messed up someone's choice (it's tricky, lots of contingencies and rankings and stuff), let me know ASAP, so everyone just assume this is 95% likely to be right but don't freak out if it's slightly off. Having caveated that...

1st: @TONGO
2nd: @jiraffejustin
3rd: @Wyldesyde19
4th: @Yoda
5th: @Captain Spaulding
6th: @Holden Pike
7th: @Fabulous
8th: @rauldc14
9th: @Adamantium18
10th: @Hey Fredrick
11th: @Sedai
12th: @Powdered Water

I think this worked shockingly well. Everyone chose quick, the strategy involved is fun and interesting, and a LOT of people got their first or second choice, from what they indicated. Interesting.

I don't wanna hear whining about draft position after I go undefeated this season drafting 12th. No whinging either. Or pissing and moaning for that matter. Its gonna happen. That's what's gonna happen!

A system of cells interlinked
Sad to report that both Holden and Spaulding have been banned from the league for taking my favorite slots. This of course exposes them as dastardly, election-rigging, colluding cheaters, which we should all keep in mind as the season progresses. Lastly, we appreciate everyone's cooperation in continuing to hide the fact that the first pick sucks from Tongo.

That said, good luck to everyone except Spaulding and Holden.

The trick is not minding
Everyone's chosen! If by some chance I've messed up someone's choice (it's tricky, lots of contingencies and rankings and stuff), let me know ASAP, so everyone just assume this is 95% likely to be right but don't freak out if it's slightly off. Having caveated that...

1st: @TONGO
2nd: @jiraffejustin
3rd: @Wyldesyde19
4th: @Yoda
5th: @Captain Spaulding
6th: @Holden Pike
7th: @Fabulous
8th: @rauldc14
9th: @Adamantium18
10th: @Hey Fredrick
11th: @Sedai
12th: @Powdered Water

I think this work kinda shockingly well. Everyone chose quick, the strategy involved is fun and interesting, and a LOT of people got their first or second choice, from what they indicated. Interesting.
Yeah it worked out pretty well, so I don’t think I have any real objections in the future either.