MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2022 - Signups

Tools    

I'd set up a google meet if people wanted to video chat during the draft. I know Dan won't be able to join though; he's traveling

Actually, looks like the draft platform has an integrated video chat now. I'll just use that if people wan to join.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
So I'm not saying it will be a bad thing I missed the first 4 picks, but I found it strange. I would have definitely took Burnes with that pick but I was baffled why it gave me Kyle Tucker next especially since he was 25th in the predraft rankings. I think I would have took Albies. As for round 3/4 think I would have went Bryant/Riley. We will see what ends up better.

Not taking any chances on Trout this year I see….
I would've taken him around where he went, I think. Might have thought about it a little if Betts had gone right in front of me at five, but I might've gone Harper just to play it a little safer. Minimizing downside is the first priority in the first round.

One thing I forgot to ask earlier is: should we move the IL slots back to down to 3? We bumped it to 4 because of COVID and I think that made sense, but historically we had as few as 2.

It's well-nigh impossible to get a formal vote on anything, even preseason or in the run up to the draft, so we'll do the usual "everybody gets about a week to object, and if nobody does the change will be made" thing. But if even one person objects we'll leave it as-is, since I didn't remember to ask until after the draft.

I feel less is better. It will help keep player hording to a min. Better quality players will be available via free agency. This just my opinion and I am only one man.

There are so many on IL throughout the season that even 4 isnt enough sometimes, but to make it larger seems silly. Mikey makes a great point too, and even the tradition of just 2 IL slots may make our league history more legitimate.
We can take a vote and everyone send their # to Yoda, just a suggestion.

We can't really do votes, to be blunt, because some people just never respond, and even the ones that do often don't do so reliably. Which is why we have to do the "we'll do this if nobody objects" thing.

Obviously sometimes people have 4 or more injured players but that's not necessarily a reason to have that many (or more), since having to make tough choices sometimes is part of the game. The IL slot number, whatever it is, should allow people to weather a "normal" amount of injury luck, though, without a huge problem.

One thing I forgot to ask earlier is: should we move the IL slots back to down to 3? We bumped it to 4 because of COVID and I think that made sense, but historically we had as few as 2.

It's well-nigh impossible to get a formal vote on anything, even preseason or in the run up to the draft, so we'll do the usual "everybody gets about a week to object, and if nobody does the change will be made" thing. But if even one person objects we'll leave it as-is, since I didn't remember to ask until after the draft.
I'm good with 3 unless Covid is still a big persistent problem. I don't think it will be, but if it is, I would like to revisit this around the All-Star Break.

A system of cells interlinked
Fine with 3, also!

I guess 3 is fine. As long as they aren't going to be putting people on a covid list left and right.