Only Controversial Topics!!!

Tools    

The Las Vegas attack is turning into a controversial topic (but, there is already a thread on the site to discuss it).
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=51481

What is strange is that there is so much controversy surrounding it now: so many conspiracy theories, so many accusations from multiple sides of "politicizing" the attack, so many differing opinions, conflicting witness claims, and even "official" timelines that change every other day.

The weird thing; previous to this attack, the largest shooting in the U.S. was the Orlando Pulse Nightclub attack, but there was never this amount of controversy surrounding it - I guess that's because we had things like the killer calling the cops himself, more witnesses able to directly identify who was shooting, some kind of motive and / or claimed affiliation by the killer (although that part is still debatable as to what exactly his motive was), the killer's wife able to provide a bit more info than the Las Vegas shooter's girlfriend.

(But then there was the bizarre occurrence of the Orlando killer's father showing up just a few months later, smiling, and sitting front and center behind Hillary Clinton at one of her rallies!!!)

These "conspiracies" are not mainstream. Anytime you have a population of 7.5 billion you're bound to get a few who...well are not congruent with the rest.

I'm not sure what the Orlando shooters father showing up at Hillary's rally has to do with the las Vegas shooting or conspiracy theories.

While you're at it, let's also mention flatearthers.

These "conspiracies" are not mainstream. Anytime you have a population of 7.5 billion you're bound to get a few who...well are not congruent with the rest.

I'm not sure what the Orlando shooters father showing up at Hillary's rally has to do with the las Vegas shooting or conspiracy theories.

While you're at it, let's also mention flatearthers.
Agreed that conspiracies aren't necessarily mainstream. A lack of information or missing pieces of a gigantic puzzle doesn't equal a conspiracy, but the public's distrust of officials and questions about various aspects of the Las Vegas attack, and the fact that the timeline keeps changing is making people suspicious. The idea that so many things "don't add up" has become pretty mainstream.

The questions have become so overwhelming that the Sheriff in charge of the case felt compelled to deny that any conspiracies were taking place at the latest (yesterday's) press conference. So it's obvious that the questions of many are leading to conspiracies by some that authorities have become aware of to the point where they are now publicly denying them.

As far as the Orlando shooter's father - it's not a conspiracy theory, just an extremely bizarre occurrence that defies normal convention. First, most parents would be so overcome with grief, not just at the loss of their child, but over the 49 lives their child took and the 58 he maimed, that they might seclude themselves quite a while. The shame they might feel that the child they raised could be responsible for such an atrocity might make many people go into self-imposed exile. Second, if your child was responsible for the (then) largest shooting massacre in the history of the country, most people would at least keep a very low profile for a very long time. They might go out of their way not to be recognized, they might move or even change their name - they wouldn't appear in an extremely public place with a prime seat behind the Democrat Presidential candidate less than two months after the massacre. A normal person wouldn't sit there, on camera, grinning if their dead child had committed this massacre just a few weeks earlier. But then there was nothing normal about the father of Omar Mateen.

Among "Collusion," accusations of Sexual Misconduct throughout the celebrity & political world, Resignations, He Said / She Said Conspiracies, Dossiers, Gay Wedding Cakes, Designating Foreign Capitals, the Economy, the Environment, Climate, Weather, Fires, Foreign Affairs, Foreign Aid, Little Rocket Men Making Missiles, Police Shootings and Civil unrest.... One story stood out to me that I thought Yoda might find interesting.

Apparently, the Pope is thinking about changingThe Lord's Prayer.
Specifically the line about "lead us not into temptation."

I have to admit, I often had trouble thinking through this line as I never felt the Lord was leading me to the temptation, but maybe that I needed His help in resisting it once I was in its presence or if it found its way to me.

In the Bible, it's typically the Devil who leads people to temptation (or presents it to them, or offers the choice). But changing the alleged 2000 year old words of the most famous prayer in history that was provided as the only one needed by any Christian and quoted directly from the mouth of Jesus Christ? That's pretty bold (unless we accept that perhaps the true words, meaning or spirit of the passage got misconstrued through 2000 years of passdowns, translations, copies made by hand, potential printing mistakes, language colloquialization or misinterpretations).

http://www.latimes.com/world/europe/...208-story.html

What say you?
Update the prayer so it makes more sense (but possibly suffer the omnipotent wrath of He on most high for daring to blaspheme the words of the very Messiah Himself?) or leave it be?
And if updating, what would be some suggestions?