What is the best movie you've seen in 2016 ?

→ in
Tools    

1. The legend of Tarzan
2. X-men Apocalypse
3. Warcraft
4. Captain America: Civil War
5. Central Intelligence

My five favorite 2016 films so far:

1) Everybody Wants Some!! ~ Perhaps the only 2016 film that was able to completely satisfy me. According to my feelings this is the "most genuine" film I've seen so far from this year.

2) Love & Friendship ~ Whit Stillman is awesome. This is a perfectly written sexually political comedy.

3) Hail, Caesar! ~ What's there is great and sometimes even brilliant, but these characters deserved a longer and more penetrating film, in my opinion.

4) The Nice Guys ~ Great action comedy. Pure fun!

5) Zootopia ~ Everything good you can expect from a concept like this. Amazingly well done!

We've gone on holiday by mistake
The Big Short easily.

I am the Watcher in the Night
10 Cloverfield Lane was quality! I had no idea a sequel to Cloverfield could be this good.

Also, Cap 3 and Hail, Caesar!

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Certainly not the best movie I've seen this year, but as far as movies with serious subject matter, Indignation has got to be considered. The acting is all quite excellent by everyone, but there are three great scenes between student Logan Lerman and college dean Tracy Letts that are Oscar-worthy. The middle and longest scene is the best scene I've seen in a movie this year and is nothing short of a battle between two different ways of life and covers everything that was repressive about the atmosphere of the 1950s. For those who don't know, Tracy Letts wrote the plays and screenplays for Killer Joe, Bug and August: Osage County.

1. Green Room (2015)
  2. Everybody Wants Some!!
  3. The Nice Guys
  4. The Neon Demon
  5. Triple 9
  6. Captain America: Civil War
  7. Zootopia
  8. 10 Cloverfield Lane
  9. The Witch (2015)
  10. Eye in the Sky (2015)
  11. Bad Neighbours 2
  12. The Shallows
  13. Friend Request
  14. The Conjuring 2
  15. Keanu
  16. Bridget Jones's Baby
  17. Jason Bourne
  18. Hell or High Water
  19. Our Kind of Traitor
  20. The Infiltrator
  21. Blood Father
  22. Lights Out
  23. Allegiant
  24. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
  25. Ghostbusters

it has to be hands down, the revenant and the witch and on a lower note The Shallows and "the neon demon" nothing sadly comes close in 2016. such classic 2 films.

Thought i'd bump this since i've finally seen 10 films from 2016 and to see what others lists are looking like with just over a month left.

01.Everybody Wants Some - Richard Linklater
02.Krisha - Trey Edward Shults
03.The Witch - Robert Eggers
04.Sing Street - John Carney
05.Zero Days - Alex Gibney
06.Loving - Jeff Nichols
07.Hunt For The Wilderpeople - Taika Waititi
08.Julieta - Pedro Almodovar
09.The Nice Guys - Shane Black
10.Zootopia - Disney
11.Midnight Special - Jeff Nichols
12.Green Room - Jeremy Saulnier
13.Finding Dory - Pixar
14.10 Cloverfield Lane - Dan Trachtenberg
15.Captain Fantastic - Matt Ross

Ten i'm looking forward to watching:

Silence - Martin Scorsese
The Handmaiden - Park Chan-Wook
American Honey - Andrea Arnold
Toni Erdmann - Maren Ade
I, Daniel Blake - Ken Loach
Hell or High Water - David Mackenzie
Certain Women - Kelly Reichardt

1. The Witch (far and away above the rest)
2. The Neon Demon
3. Arrival
4. Everybody Wants Some!!
5. Midnight Special

Still plenty left to see, though I'm pretty confident nothing will top The Witch as my #1.

1. The Neon Demon
2. The Witch
3. Spotlight
4. Knight of Cups
5. The Handmaiden
6. Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping
7. Free State of Jones

I want to see The Edge of Seventeen, and Moonlight. I am not sure when Mean Dreams is coming to regular theaters, but it's film festival run was back in May. Mean Dreams is my most anticipated movie right now.

Definitely Deadpool for me too Looking forward to watching Fantastic Beasts and Inferno which I'm sure will both make the top 10 list for this year!

hell of high water and arrival which i haven't seen yet could be the two best movies i would be seeing in 2016.

i really enjoyed probably every film that came out this yr that ive watched(except suicide squad and sausage party). the top three in no particular order is cap 3, zootopia, and 10 cloverfield lane

it's tough. It would be a close first and second between Mad Max fury Road and The Man from Uncle. Both were terrific movies in their particular style. Mad Max Fury Road was so unique in so many ways. The Man from Uncle was comedy, drama and action with great scenes and dialogue.