Movie that upset you the most?

Tools    

My pick would probably be Saw. When I tried to watch it, I had been enjoying a few funny cigarettes that made me so empathetic it made for quite a bad movie experience.

Gattaca made me pretty depressed, so much so that I couldn't get through it the first time.
I found Gattaca deeply moving

Requiem for a dream. uhhh. not offensive, just made me sick.
that movie made me very uncomfortable when I first saw it. Another film I never enjoyed watching was He Got Game, not a fun movie going experience at all.

The road with Viggo Mortensen made me upset during the process of watching it. A very moving movie but seeing what they go through in a situation like that is upsetting.

Birdman (2014) - the fact that it won Best #$%*& Picture upset me... and the fact that I couldn't get my 2 hours back.

Honorable mentions due to the fact that I viewed them when I was a child (and was forever traumatized):

The Fly (1958) - just the spider-web scene first viewed sometime in the early to mid 70's.
Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things (1972)
Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (1973)
The Exorcist (1973)
Jaws (1975)

Have you seen the doc The Brandon Teena Story, Cricket? I think that got to me more.

Speaking of The Fly; to my surprise Cronenbergs version really got to me. Left that pretty sad.

Documentary's are particularly upsetting sometimes, Werner Herzog's Into The Aybss is a good example of this.

OK, I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but the first movie that popped in my head when I saw the title of this thread was Compliance. This movie just pissed me off...I found it absolutely impossible to believe everything the central character in this movie went through. Becky (Dreama Walker) never asks for proof of what she is being accused of and her supervisor (Ann Dowd) just takes the word of this moron on the phone and accepts the fact that he is a police officer just because he says so. The supervisor just blindly obeys everything this guy tells her to do, including getting the supervisor's fiancee involved, which should have been a huge red flag to this dimwitted woman, but she just went with it. OK, I have to stop typing now because just thinking about this movie again is just getting me pissed off all over again...

Have you seen the doc The Brandon Teena Story, Cricket? I think that got to me more.

Speaking of The Fly; to my surprise Cronenbergs version really got to me. Left that pretty sad.
I saw it but many years ago.

OK, I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but the first movie that popped in my head when I saw the title of this thread was Compliance. This movie just pissed me off...I found it absolutely impossible to believe everything the central character in this movie went through. Becky (Dreama Walker) never asks for proof of what she is being accused of and her supervisor (Ann Dowd) just takes the word of this moron on the phone and accepts the fact that he is a police officer just because he says so. The supervisor just blindly obeys everything this guy tells her to do, including getting the supervisor's fiancee involved, which should have been a huge red flag to this dimwitted woman, but she just went with it. OK, I have to stop typing now because just thinking about this movie again is just getting me pissed off all over again...
Probably a dumb question but you know that's a true story and everything in the film actually happened right? If so i agree it's unbelievable.

i agree with compliance,i cant say i understand how far it went but i dont really have a problem believing people just took their word for it.i also agree with requiem for a dream
id also like to mention kids,irreversible,lilya 4ever and the whistleblower.

and actually the good girl with jennifer aniston
i was in my teens when i saw that movie and it just struck me really hard at the time.
im from a really small town,where everybody knows everyone and i didnt even like half the people there,
and it just caught me off guard with this fear of life not turning out the way you hope.i most likely would end up working at the local store,seeing the same people everyday and just settle,and be dead bored for the rest of my life.

Probably a dumb question but you know that's a true story and everything in the film actually happened right? If so i agree it's unbelievable.
Yeah, I know it;s a true story which makes it all the more disgusting.

The 1986 remake of The Fly was just heartbreaking.
Really?! I was a teenager when I saw it but thought it was great. Jeff Goldblum I dont think I ever finished the sequel though.