I HATE it when I can't remember a movie title! HELP!!!

Tools    

Ok first of all Hi I am new here and the only reason I decided to join is because for the love of anything awesome I cannot remember this one movie title. I have been trying to remember it for the past week or so, looking up key words or things I can remember and I cannot find it. To be honest it is pissing me off and I want to rip my eyeballs out.

So here is the information that I know:

The movie was either horror, thriller or psychological....maybe a psychological horror?
It was set in modern times, and I think scientists/researchers dug a hole into the earth and dug into a chamber. The hole/chamber was emitting (what they thought) was sounds, and they thought that they released hell (or something like that) but in reality it released a some sort of gas that made people hallucinate. So this one guy goes to check it out and he gets stuck there with some girl. He starts having hallucinations, seeing the devil/demon and he starts not being able to trust this woman (basically losing his mind). At the end of the movie when they get back to the city and society, he is in a hospital and he still is seeing hallucinations (or he went insane?) and he (I think) ends up killing the woman, and in the end he was...well..insane....yeah.

That is all I can remember, the reason I want to remember is because I want to watch it again and show it to some friends because they say it sounds cool. So I appreciate all your help. Thanks in advance. Till next time!

The hole/chamber was emitting (what they thought) was sounds, and they thought that they released hell (or something like that) but in reality it released a some sort of gas that made people hallucinate...
Sound like the Oracle at Delphi to me.....

Thanks for the speedy replies, but unfortunately its not any of those movies T^T

Well I did watch it in english if that's what you mean xD I don't usually dig into the movies I watch beside watching them...so I don't research the cast or stuff like that so other from what I described, I know nothing...Sorry

This doesn't fit the entire description, but seems to have a couple elements from another John Carpenter flick, Prince of Darkness (1987).

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra