Rioting in the U.S.

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Thanks, that explains why my google search didn't yield any breaking news and I did look too...

While I'm here, I will say it's easy for me to see how a cop in the situation these cops were in, could aim their gun as the suspect was shooting at them with the taser and then the suspect turns as they fire on him, thus hitting him in the back.

In addition to that, I believe it's police procedure to shoot a fleeing suspect who has fired at the cops. So if the shot was in the back or the front it doesn't matter. From what I understand of the incident, the cops were justified in shooting under the circumstances. Though they still should not have shot in today's hyperbola charged environment.

IMO the suspect in Atlanta killed himself.
Yea that's what I've been saying elsewhere, the guy did this to himself through bad decisions. One of the officers called it a tragedy and that's quite correct.

I think if you start saying armed Cops should show restraint when under attack, you're into dangerous ground and this would eventually lead to Police getting killed.

It wouldnt happen if the Police weren't armed but I think there's no choice in USA other than armed officers whilst the availability of weapons stays as is.

Yea that's what I've been saying elsewhere, the guy did this to himself through bad decisions. One of the officers called it a tragedy and that's quite correct.
I think the actions of the suspect in Atlanta who resisted arrest, fought the cops, stoled their tazer and then fled & fired at the cops, explains the reason for these numbers:

According to The Guardian's database, in 2016 the rate of fatal police shootings per million was 10.13 for Native Americans, 6.6 for black people, 3.23 for Hispanics; 2.9 for white people and 1.17 for Asians.
Unless one believes cops 'enjoy' shooting black people the most, 'enjoy' shooting Hispanics & Whites equally, and prefer not to shoot Asians. Then those numbers should be interrupted to mean that black suspects are more likely to act like the guy in Atalanta did, where as Hispanics, Whites and especially Asians are more likely to obey cops orders during an arrest and not resist and flee.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I think the actions of the suspect in Atlanta who resisted arrest, fought the cops, stoled their tazer and then fled & fired at the cops, explains the reason for these numbers:

Unless one believes cops 'enjoy' shooting black people the most, 'enjoy' shooting Hispanics & Whites equally, and prefer not to shoot Asians. Then those numbers should be interrupted to mean that black suspects are more likely to act like the guy in Atalanta did, where as Hispanics, Whites and especially Asians are more likely to obey cops orders during an arrest and not resist and flee.
I think there are all kinds of factors at play for those numbers. I do think racism plays a part, but how big a part is difficult to say.

The reason I posted that link is because black cops are more likely to shoot black civilians than white cops. We all assume that there must be some racism in regards to police brutality or killings, but we're all simply guessing. White and black cops work together, and they don't just drive down the street shooting random people. These things result out of situations. The police didn't respond to Floyd or the fellow in Atlanta because they were black; they just happened to be black. Profiling is a different story, and that often has something to do with race, but not necessarily racism.

You ready? You look ready.
All the more reason to fix a racist system. What do you expect when crime pays better? It’s no different than what’s happening in my city. You **** the population over and they **** back.

But sure, let’s pick a few cities that have been hardest hit by redlining, gerrymandering, and corruption: the hallmarks of conservative politics. Then we can paint the picture we want. It’s The Daily Wire way.

All the more reason to fix a racist system. What do you expect when crime pays better? It’s no different than what’s happening in my city. You **** the population over and they **** back.

But sure, let’s pick a few cities that have been hardest hit by redlining, jerry mandering, and corruption: the hallmarks of conservative politics. Then we can paint the picture we want. It’s The Daily Wire way.
You have to be more specific than "system".

I don't know anything about The Daily Wire. Use any source you want.

The United States of America is racist. I’ve been saying that since the start of this thread.
Well there's racism by every race against every race in every country, so good thinking.

The United States of America is racist. I’ve been saying that since the start of this thread.
True, but many other countries are too, including my own.

Look at India, e.g., with her caste system. Racism in the extreme.

It’s all over the world.

You ready? You look ready.
It’s conversations like this that make me contemplate the point of life and wonder about the hereafter. Then I freak dafuq out and do absolutely everything possible to not think/talk about it because like mortality and ****.

It’s all over the world.
England is your original home country?

It’s all over the world.
True. The U.S. remains among the LEAST racist countries in the world.

Despite the current narrative some parties are trying to push, people around the world know about the freedoms, protections, civil & human rights, opportunities and potential affluence available to anyone willing to work for it in the U.S. - which is why it is the desirable destination for immigrants from every other country in the world.

Racism is a human trait, not a white trait, but an ugly trait that occurs in humans of all types. I've heard intelligent adults argue that black Americans can't be racist as they don't have any power in the U.S. Ironically that was back when Obama was president.

Race hatred of all types happens in every culture. In the Rwandan genocide hatred of other tribes resulted in the mass murder of close to 1 million people. All because the victims belonged to a certain tribe that another tribe hated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwandan_genocide

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	E43D9ED3-1918-42EC-A6A0-1F8C958A9352_w408_r1_s.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	65532  

The trick is not minding
Racism is a human trait, not a white trait, but an ugly trait that occurs in humans of all types. I've heard intelligent adults argue that black Americans can't be racist as they don't have any power in the U.S. Ironically that was back when Obama was president.

Race hatred of all types happens in every culture. In the Rwandan genocide hatred of other tribes resulted in the mass murder of close to 1 million people. All because the victims belonged to a certain tribe that another tribe hated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwandan_genocide

I don’t think anyone had said racism is a strictly “white trait” here from what I’ve seen.
No one is arguing racism doesn’t exist in other countries either. That’s a bit of a straw man responses.
The focus is on our country, and it’s current issue of rampant racism. Mostly, and I’m not going to argue About this, from the racism towards minorities in general.
Now, I know no one here believes racism doesn’t exist. Rather, The disagreement seems to be to what degree?
At this point, I’m not looking to debate this over and over again. Dead horse beaten and all that. I’ve made my points. We all have. And we're obviously never going to come to an agreement. So, if you wish to beat this dead horse don’t quote me. I won’t be responding.
Enjoy your day