The Batman

Tools    

A mistake they made was not having Bale return, maybe.

If Bale's Bruce returned from like a 10 year exile, with Batman being played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Bruce taking the suit back and JGL then becoming Nightwing... or simply have JGL as Nightwing and Bruce simply returning to the Batsuit, then that would have been cool.
that would've been BADASS! i wasn't thrilled when they announced Affleck, but when they released the 1st pic with the small Bat-ears i was surprisingly optimistic. Now i can't wait to see more

MC for the Great Underground Circus
And Like that... Frankie the DC Fanatics Lawyer of Lost causes .... is gone.

The DCEU was damaged by Nolan's movies tbh. They went the route of realistic and dark, and are revered by everyone who watched them.

The DCEU hasn't fully gone that realistic route, but has tried to keep the darker tones of Nolan's films... and it's created a tone that people weren't expecting.
The DCEU damaged by Nolan? No.

The DCEU was damaged by the ineptitude of an idiot who thinks killing off Jimmy via headshot was "fun".

And that muted colors = "dark and mature"

And that superman should be an Emo

And that 1% of anything is a guaranty of anything

And that stopping a movie to show trailers is a great idea.

That's what killed the DCEU

When they showed clips of Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg.

Oh that... well, I guess he could have just waited and put them in during the credits instead.
There was no need for them to be there in the first place.

It was perhaps the most idiotic part of a completely useless movie.

That's all WB needs to do. All they need is a plan and have directors do whatever they do as long as they connect to that plan.

Forgot I posted that ^^

I was just trying to make a point, but didn't do it very well as I'd had a couple beers when I posted.
I get the MCU is loved, and the DCEU isn't, but when people go on and on, like it's some sort of vendetta, it gets tiring.
It's not a vendetta--it's DC fans being angry with disappointing product.

Is there a measure of how much love a person should keep throwing toward a movie they love? No. Why would there be? On that same token--why should there be some measure of how much HATE can be thrown?

I complain incessantly about this hot mess because I DO NOT LIKE IT. Simple as that. I LOVE many DC products. I want GREAT ones. When I'm disappointed in their current direction, I complain. Simple as that.

Let me give you another example. I HATE and LOATHE Twilight. Do you see me mentioning that around here constantly? Nope. I did once and that was it. Why? Because I'm not a fan of that crap. I'm a fan of DC and hate what they're doing right now.

My point? If you love a product and they start doing things you hate, you react to said change. Why? Out of love for the product.

If you're content with your love for your product then people like me shouldn't bug you. If I AM bugging you and you can't tolerate what I'm saying about the DCCU, you'd be better off placing me on ignore right now because my discussions on this are NOT going to end any time soon. That's simply a fact that YOU, not me, will have to adjust to....which is why you'd be better off ignoring me because I criticize the DCCU a LOT and I do so harshly.

I just want one good Flash movie [and please god keep all the other speedsters and their grandmothers away. Ok, maybe not Zoom, but all the others... pleeeeeeeeeeeease].

And one good Green Lantern movie [OA was the part I most enjoyed in the other one Green Lantern failure]. Keep it tight. Don't go the romance way. Keep it in space.

Not much too ask.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I despise the DCEU franchise. I despise being rubbed in the nose with "mature" and "dark" and "based on reality" crap that has no real meaning.

I prefer my super-hero flicks to be FUN to watch. That's what they are supposed to be. FUN! Thank you very much.

That said:

Cry laughing. I hadn't seen that one before.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I now hve to see Affleck's Batman to see why Deadpool ridicules him so.

I now hve to see Affleck's Batman to see why Deadpool ridicules him so.
Well, I'd advise you to have some form of alcohol at your disposal when you do so--BVS draaaaaaags and draaaaaaags and draaaaags. Don't let the title fool you: Batman and Superman may be there, but about 90% of the movie is full of a waffle of dialogue with about 10% action, most of which is at the end. It's one of the most boring and uneventful slogfests I've ever watched....that happens to have Batman and Superman in it. Who EVER would have imagined?