Rioting in the U.S.

Tools    

I don't know man. I'm not in the habit of doing other people's research. You threw out a bunch of stats so I asked you to back it up.
I know, but this is not controversial stuff. That there's a wide disparity in violent crime rates between whites and blacks in America, we all know that. Why do I need to find the exact thing I read a couple days ago when it's common knowledge. It's a waste of time.

I don't know man. I'm not in the habit of doing other people's research. You threw out a bunch of stats so I asked you to back it up.
I'm driving so I just pulled up the site quick. I don't know if it's the exact same stats but it would have to be similar.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factch...s-commit-crime

We've gone on holiday by mistake
https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/Publicatio....aspx?ID=96748

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/VIOCRM.PDF

https://www.splcenter.org/20180614/b...ck-white-crime

For statistic nerds.

Lets not ignore the facts to posit sensationalist myths. You are far more likely to be murdered or robbed by someone you know from your own race than a random person from a different race.
Hi welcome back to the thread, hope you are well. Would be nice if you could explain some of your comments from earlier regarding being shot in the back, or if you could respond to things you were asked.

You ready? You look ready.
You’re surprised that criminals have developed a kill or be killed mindset when a large portion come from communities where the system won’t come to their rescue?

I live in such a community. Property crime is rampant in my city, which eventually gives way to murder. Such is the price paid when thousands of jobs are displaced and the replacement jobs are fewer and pay less.

Just another reason we need a universal basic income.

You’re surprised that criminals have developed a kill or be killed mindset when a large portion come from communities where the system won’t come to their rescue?

I live in such a community. Property crime is rampant in my city, which eventually gives way to murder. Such is the price paid when thousands of jobs are displaced and the replacement jobs are fewer and pay less.

Just another reason we need a universal basic income.
People keep using the words system and systemic. Too vague to find solutions. Who would pay for universal income? Move to Boston where the pay is much higher. Of course, that beautiful $350,000 house you showed me would cost 2 million here.

I'm driving so I just pulled up the site quick. I don't know if it's the exact same stats but it would have to be similar.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factch...s-commit-crime
Just looked at this link and of course the results are obvious. They did make a mistake though because they keep saying it's 13% of the population committing that much crime. As staggering as that is, it's actually half of that.

Ha, I wish! My parents are victims of the system as well. Bad decisions are one thing. Uneducated decisions are another.

Current residence is result of a bamboozled private sell. But even though the place is falling down around us I am happy knowing how lucky I am compared to others.

And I would never move north of DC. There’s far too much risk living that far north if you are broke. At least down here I can disappear into the woods and survive if **** hits the fan.

Ha, I wish! My parents are victims of the system as well. Bad decisions are one thing. Uneducated decisions are another.

Current residence is result of a bamboozled private sell. But even though the place is falling down around us I am happy knowing how lucky I am compared to others.

And I would never move north of DC. There’s far too much risk living that far north if you are broke. At least down here I can disappear into the woods and survive if **** hits the fan.
I like the idea of 'bugging out' to the woods as they say. Sometimes I feel like moving far away from all this stuff. I'd like to be just surrounded by trees, deers and bunnys

We're not going to get stuck in this loop again, where someone contradicts something and you cryptically claim it proves you right but never elaborate on how/why.

The photo shows how someone can be "shot in the back" despite being a threat. How significant that is is subjective, but it would seem to show that "shot in the back" does not mean the person was harmless. That's the thing that requires a response.
Looks like you were right. Bizarre to say the least.

Personally don’t think there’s any rationalization for committing any kind of crime. Even if I were broke I would never steal let alone murder someone.

Personally don’t think there’s any rationalization for committing any kind of crime. Even if I were broke I would never steal let alone murder someone.
Smoke a little meth and you'll be down for anything.

"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
That’s why I have never smoked a drug.
Ah, you prefer the needle. I see, I see.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Can you explain your post, what new evidence makes you say that? (I'm not disputing it, btw)
I was referencing the top paragraph of Yodas post about John McClane ducking any response. I should have deleted the bottom part.

I was referencing the top paragraph of Yodas post about John McClane ducking any response. I should have deleted the bottom part.
Thanks, that explains why my google search didn't yield any breaking news and I did look too...

While I'm here, I will say it's easy for me to see how a cop in the situation these cops were in, could aim their gun as the suspect was shooting at them with the taser and then the suspect turns as they fire on him, thus hitting him in the back.

In addition to that, I believe it's police procedure to shoot a fleeing suspect who has fired at the cops. So if the shot was in the back or the front it doesn't matter. From what I understand of the incident, the cops were justified in shooting under the circumstances. Though they still should not have shot in today's hyperbola charged environment.

IMO the suspect in Atlanta killed himself.