What are you doing at this very moment?

Tools    

Thinking about what the Cajuns down here use wads of meat for....
Too funny.

I was curious what steps one would take in finding the cause of death for a family member . . . without asking the family? This would also be 2 states away, so I can't just walk in with ID, or anything.

I was curious what steps one would take in finding the cause of death for a family member . . . without asking the family? This would also be 2 states away, so I can't just walk in with ID, or anything.

Contact the Bureau of Vital Records in the state they died in and request a copy of the death certificate.... or, if the death was recent (I believe within the last 6 months), contact the funeral home that was in charge. Be sure you let them know you are a relative... the closer the connection, the better... and you may have to tell a fib to get it... like the deceased was your aunt, uncle, etc. and that you need the death certificate for insurance purposes. Oh, and either place is going to charge you a fee... funeral homes are usually the less expensive of the two....

I am thinking it's funny that the last time I posted about a movie on this forum about movies was like in 2005.

I have five windows open to lenghty-ish articles I've only half read. I have one window up on RCP, linking me to dozens of articles I want to read still.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

Contact the Bureau of Vital Records in the state they died in and request a copy of the death certificate.... or, if the death was recent (I believe within the last 6 months), contact the funeral home that was in charge. Be sure you let them know you are a relative... the closer the connection, the better... and you may have to tell a fib to get it... like the deceased was your aunt, uncle, etc. and that you need the death certificate for insurance purposes. Oh, and either place is going to charge you a fee... funeral homes are usually the less expensive of the two....
Wow, that was fast. Thanks! I don't mind paying, and yep, I'm very related. It was over 30 years ago. I hope they keep that information around for a while. I aim to close a few doors this year.

My stomach is acting suspicious. Do I go to bed and risk waking up in the middle of the night, just to take care of some business?..... or do I wait it out for another half hour and see what's brewin'?
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Wow, that was fast. Thanks! I don't mind paying, and yep, I'm very related. It was over 30 years ago. I hope they keep that information around for a while. I aim to close a few doors this year.

No problem... and the Bureau of Vital Records keeps the info forever... and since it was that long ago, you shouldn't have any trouble getting a copy from them... and can probably order it on-line...

No problem... and the Bureau of Vital Records keeps the info forever... and since it was that long ago, you shouldn't have any trouble getting a copy from them... and can probably order it on-line...
Oh man, that would be perfect. I sure hope so. Thanks again!

Trying to decide if I should go to sleep or post some more.
I think I'm going to give it up and go to sleep for a while... I have to go back to work tomorrow night.... ugh...

Nighty - night...

I didn't know the date of birth, or date of death, but with just the name, it found him. He was the first on the list. I feel kind of weird, now. What the hell. It's better than never knowing.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Taking time off from some nut-numbingly boring genealogical study (it's work, Jim, but not as we know it) to watch the Godfather trilogy.

Yep, even Part III...

That's a bit like coming home for Christmas and catching up with a couple of old friends only to be reminded by your mother that your auntie Flo is expecting a visit. She might smell faintly of wee and cats but she'll slip you a tenner and a glass of sherry.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
^^ i was just talking about the godfather III today in screenwriting class, everyone bags on this movie but love it. Obviously its not as good as the first but its not all bad

Feeling stressed out!! There is so much drama going on in my life, I want it to stop! I prefer watching drama in movies, not in my life.

Hope you were able to get a copy Ðèstîñy... and Hugs Gummo...

Right now I am just sitting here lost in various thoughts about nothing in particular (sounds better than daydreaming... I think)...

The People's Republic of Clogher
^^ i was just talking about the godfather III today in screenwriting class, everyone bags on this movie but love it. Obviously its not as good as the first but its not all bad
When you separate it from its more illustrious siblings I suppose The Godfather III is a competent enough crime drama but the problem is that it was always intended to be a part of the series so I can't help but compare it to the first two films. I think it's markedly inferior on every single level.

Big-hearted but stupid, a bit like Fredo.

Trying to figure out what I should charge for tutoring a home school student in 8th grade algebra 2-3 nights a week. I've never done any tutoring before and have no idea what a normal rate is. So I'm googling.