Pushing Daisies

Tools    

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I'm so sad this show is not on this week. It's one of the most unusual and clever TV shows I've ever seen! I want more!

Does anyone else watch it?

Do you wanna party? Its party time!
I do, and I love the show's lyrical, whymiscal and very funny style. The characters are all wonderful, and it has a great sense of charm mixed in with some rather strange and awesome cases that are usually entertaing. With the exception of a few lukewarm episodes the show has been pretty great so far.

Latest Movie Viewing: Wings (1927)
Latest Album Listened To: Honky Château, Elton John (1972)
Latest TV Show Viewed: Doctor Who

Beware The Probe!
Definately wins my vote as the most innovative show on TV.
I've never seen anything like it before.

Thing is, I don't think alot of folks really know about it...

...Yet.

I totally agree. It's great, fun and different. I hope it doesn't get canceled like most shows I enjoy do.

I marvel each week at what the writers have come up with. Then too, I enjoy what the actors, set designers and costume people do with that material!

Beware The Probe!
I totally agree. It's great, fun and different. I hope it doesn't get canceled like most shows I enjoy do.

I marvel each week at what the writers have come up with. Then too, I enjoy what the actors, set designers and costume people do with that material!
I find it funny how they can take such a grim morbid situation and yet somehow keep the show with an innocent light-hearted feel to it.
Case in point...

"Um...your current condition..."

"Do I have something right here?"

"No. there's nothing right there."

LOL! I know! I love that about the show! It reminds me a little of Dead Like Me, which was another fav of mine. This of course is far more unique a show!

"Pushing Daisies" was created by Bryan Fuller (executive producer and writer on "Heroes", "Wonderfalls", "Dead Like Me") and has one of the strongest ensemble casts among all the new shows this season. Fuller has created the most unique parallel world with "Pushing Daisies"--Dr. Seuss meets Amelie. The story is a great twist on procedural-dramas, although the "forbidden touch" plot could easily be ruined.

The best things about "Pushing Daisies"
Kristin Chenoweth is the CUTEST actress on television. At the beginning of the season it was fun to see her play the jealous and snoopy Olive Snook, seducing Ned (Lee Pace, who towers above her in awkwardness), ignoring the adorable traveling salesman (selling homeopathic anti-depressants), and annoying Emerson ("I used to think that 'masturbation' meant chewing your food. I don't think that anymore.") Olive Snook could have remained this way and still be great, but out of the gossip and envy has emerged the most sympathetic character of the show. Her loneliness and unrequited love for Ned could have made an on going drama-fest, but instead the writers wisely chose to use Olive as a go-between for Chuck and Chucks two aunts, Lily and Vivian, as well as a friend for Chuck. Her loyalty to Ned, and her gradual acceptance of Chuck is endearing.

Wit. Sometimes it's in the dialogue, and sometimes it briefly appears on screen in a sign or on a t-shirt (a flashback memory of the Aunt's shows Chuck at a camp with a shirt saying "Jews for Cheeses!"), but it's there and it's genuine. The visuals of the show are often saccharine, and while the audience can see the self-irony the characters are nonplussed by towns called Coeur 'd Coeurs, endless fields of daisies, and bright, vivid colors. What makes the setting work is that when the dialogue is witty, it's just as natural to the characters as a shop called 'The Pie Hole' and a community of windmill houses.

The Visuals. I mentioned the bright colors and fields of daisies, but there is also the little props and costume effects that enhance the plot and still make sense: Aunt Lily's eye patch (it changes to match her outfit), Emerson knitting, little Chuck and Ned at their parent's respective funerals sharing their first (and last?) kiss, Olive Snook as a jockey, and Chuck and Ned dancing on the rooftop in beekeeper's outfits. The viewer is intrigued by the story, but transported by the details.

The Pained Expression on Ned's face when he tries to lie. The sweet expression on Ned's face when he tries to say what he feels. The placid expression on Ned's face every other time. Lee Pace is absolutely charming, but in the reverse case of Kristin Chenoweth and Olive Snook, you don't always feel sorry for him. He makes mistakes (number one: only recently telling Chuck that he was the one who accidently killed her father) and is almost as much of a fixer-upper as Chuck's aunts. Ned tells Chuck that he kept her alive even though he knew it would kill another (the robbing funeral director) because he thought that his life would be better with her in it, and that really is true. Isolated, nervous, and an emotional wreck, Ned needs Chuck to breathe a little life into him.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
http://abc.go.com/primetime/pushingd...index?pn=comic

for the big fans

The show has be adorable and macabre again this season. That is the perfect combination IMO. Of course since I love it, it's also be canceled.

*cries*