MoFo Fantasy Football 2020 - Regular Season

Tools    

Tough call with Ridley this week. I really need his numbers, but he may not even play. It is also an early game so I have to decide soon. I am guessing even if he does play he will not be getting the targets he normally does. If I do wind up pulling him he will probably put up some good numbers.
Either way as of now I have him on my bench, but it is going to be a game time decision.

A system of cells interlinked
Huge game this week, with Wylde and I playing in the 2020 Basement Bowl. This game helps decides which one of us gets to sleep next to the furnace, with the other guy getting to sleep next to the washing machine. This is one of those rare weeks where my entire team actually shows up to play. After this win, I can look forward to another 3-4 weeks of single digit numbers across the board, as my team lurches along through this season. Gg Wylde!

Huge game this week, with Wylde and I playing in the 2020 Basement Bowl. This game helps decides which one of us gets to sleep next to the furnace, with the other guy getting to sleep next to the washing machine. This is one of those rare weeks where my entire team actually shows up to play. After this win, I can look forward to another 3-4 weeks of single digit numbers across the board, as my team lurches along through this season. Gg Wylde!
I am doing my "best" to join you.

Now I'm, FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Free-Fallin!...
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I am doing my "best" to join you.

Now I'm, FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Free-Fallin!...
Yea, I checked in on your team as the day went along. Welcome!

And now Tom Petty is in my head...

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I know I might sound crazy (to a lot probably) but when I watched football in the 1990s I just don't remember this volume of injuries back then. Not to say there weren't any, but seem far more frequent. What big name players have actually not missed a game this year.

I know I might sound crazy (to a lot probably) but when I watched football in the 1990s I just don't remember this volume of injuries back then. Not to say there weren't any, but seem far more frequent. What big name players have actually not missed a game this year.
Really odd year, without the usual preparation for the season. I think someone in the league called that there would be more injuries this year before we started the season.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Also seems like the medical doctors on teams are overly cautious. If you get injured in Green Bay, expect to miss at least 2 games. Davante Adams was seriously frustrated that they held him out of a game earlier this year. Hell he would probably be leading in every WR category if he didn't miss that Falcon game.

Best guess, it's a mix of:

1) Weird season/training camp, less ramp up in activity.
2) Athletes performing at higher and higher levels, some of which may be beyond what the human body can do without higher injury risk.
3) Teams and their trainers being much smarter now about the downside of major injury relative to the small benefit of toughing it out to get an extra game or two in.

I'm thinking it's about 50/50 whether or not my guy hits his projection tonight and I just squeak this game out. Guess we'll see!

I'm thinking it's about 50/50 whether or not my guy hits his projection tonight and I just squeak this game out. Guess we'll see!
The margin ended up being the 48th-closest margin in league history.